The GP Advent Calendar - Door 3

Dec 3, 2022 8:34 pm
Hey there, lovely GP community!

Throughout the next 24 days, we, the mods, want to highlight some fun, exciting, cool or otherwise interesting GP posts, just to give you all a glimpse of what might be going on on the site outside of your own games and to share some gaming enthusiasm around.

Since we can only be in a small number of games, compared to all the many going on at the same time, there will definitely be some amazing posts that none of the mod team are aware of. If you saw a great post in a game you're in or you have written something that you're particularly proud of, please share it with me in a private message and we will put it under consideration for a future advent calendar door. Unfortunately, an advent calendar only has 24 doors so it's possible we won't be able to share everything that gets submitted to us if we get a lot of messages, but I'd still love to read as many posts you find fascinating as possible so don't be shy about submitting one or more posts you think would get other people excited 😊
For our third day, I'm happy to present one of my favorite horror moments in a game I've played in - thought up and written by Qralloq.

After some disturbances in the nearby forest, two fresh college students decide to investigate, heading deep into the forest where they find weird claw prints in the ground. They follow them until one of them critfailed her Notice check and, along with her guide dog, fell through a hole in the ground into a vast underground cavern.
She sensed the presence of something down there with her and her dog was freaking out, but, being blind, the character couldn't tell what was going on. Her best way of figuring out what was stalking her was to take a photo with her phone and send it to her friend above ground...

[Presented with a little bit of context beyond one post]
Dec 3, 2022 8:35 pm
The Dean
The cave below seems warmer, somehow, than Filippa expected. The sense of the air tells her it's open slightly to her left, and she moves closer, tapping, tapping. Blix faithfully heels at her side, watching and guiding her with gentle nudges around rocky obstacles and depressions. He stops you as you reach a precipice.

A blast of hot air rises, fierce, and far away, far below, vibralto bleats almost as if from gigantic brass instruments.

Blix whines, terrified of something. Something coming closer.
Filippa Sandberg
Unsure what to make of all this, Filippa is starting to get a bit nervous herself, not helped by Blix' reaction. She digs into her jacket pocket and takes out her phone. Using voice commands, she opens the camera and takes some photos of her surroundings, aiming primarily in the directions of the heat source and the vibrato as well as towards whatever is making Blix so nervous.
She's hoping some of them turn out okay enough that she can show Aurora in a moment and that Aurora can explain it all a bit.
Aurora Riley
"Can you take some photos? That will help show the cops that I am going to call. Then I'll go show them where you are. Can you drop a pin too?" She gets ready to dial 911 and walk out to the road.

The Dean

bowlofspinach

Dec 3, 2022 8:36 pm
The Dean
Filippa takes some pictures and manages to send them to Aurora.
[ +- ] Aurora Sees
Dec 3, 2022 10:18 pm
Wow, that sounds terrifying! :O
Dec 3, 2022 11:11 pm
It's so cute! Says someone who would absolutely scream at the sight of that....
Dec 3, 2022 11:36 pm
Good thing Aurora was there to be Filippa's eyes! Fun game!
Dec 4, 2022 4:59 am
lavtodd says:
It's so cute! Says someone who would absolutely scream at the sight of that....
Seeing a monster and immediately commenting how cute it is? Are you my alt account?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.