The GP Advent Calendar - Door 4

Dec 4, 2022 5:08 pm
Hey there, lovely GP community!

Throughout the next 24 days, we, the mods, want to highlight some fun, exciting, cool or otherwise interesting GP posts, just to give you all a glimpse of what might be going on on the site outside of your own games and to share some gaming enthusiasm around.

Since we can only be in a small number of games, compared to all the many going on at the same time, there will definitely be some amazing posts that none of the mod team are aware of. If you saw a great post in a game you're in or you have written something that you're particularly proud of, please share it with me in a private message and we will put it under consideration for a future advent calendar door. Unfortunately, an advent calendar only has 24 doors so it's possible we won't be able to share everything that gets submitted to us if we get a lot of messages, but I'd still love to read as many posts you find fascinating as possible so don't be shy about submitting one or more posts you think would get other people excited 😊
For our fourth day, we have a great epilogue post by player WarDomo to a zombie game that was run by Harrigan.

The characters had heard of a relatively safe settlement of survivors and the whole game was their attempt to get there. PCs were killed, alliances betrayed and lots of zombies and humans slaughtered but eventually, a few remnants of the group managed to make it to safety. However, on the way there, one of the PCs, Tara, had been bitten by a zombie...

Hidemi Mishima

bowlofspinach

Dec 4, 2022 5:08 pm
Hidemi smiles and she takes a big whiff of the latest batch of cupcakes she pulls out of the oven. She sets the pan on a rack to cool so she can frost them right as the bell rings indicating someone has entered her shop.

I knew it was you, Sandra. she says with a smile and points to a basket on the counter. I made sure to save you the last few croissants

You know me too well, Hidemi the one-armed, middle-aged woman graciously accepts the basket with a beaming smile. I'll see you Tuesday, dear

Your basket will be waiting! Have a great day.

Hidemi follows Sandra to the door and locks it behind her. She walks back behind the counter and into the kitchen and past the pan of cooling baked goods to the icebox. The door creaks loudly as she opens it and retrieves a pork shoulder. She doesn't even need to sniff it to know that it has begun to turn. The baker carries the platter to the back of the room and through the door to her apartment.

Her quarters are sparsely decorated with minimal furniture. The living room sports a twin bed, a reading chair and a bookshelf. The shelves contain a wealth of cookbooks along with a book of erotic photographs, a blood-stained chef's hat, a rolling pin and an axe.

She continues back to the door of the bedroom that's been reinforced and sports several chains and deadlocks on the outside. She carefully unlocks each one and opens the door. A low groaning escalates to an enraged growl and the rattling of heavy chains as she steps just inside.

Dinner time, Tara... Hidemi says with a sigh, I know how you get when you don't get your fix. She tosses the hunk of meat to the back of the room where the rotting zombie that once was Tara immediately tears in to it. Over the squelchung sounds of the thing feeding, she continues, I saw Chris the other day. Things are still going well with Beth. He said that Toby says Hi.
Hidemi Mishima
Dec 4, 2022 5:26 pm
😱 a pet zombie!!
Dec 5, 2022 1:52 am
A pet zombie who was a PC! ;)
Dec 5, 2022 8:06 am
Awesome. Reminds me of the ending of Shawn of the Dead 😁

You do not have permission to post in this thread.