The GP Advent Calendar - Door 6

Dec 6, 2022 5:46 pm
Hey there, lovely GP community!

Throughout the remainder of the 24 days, we, the mods, want to highlight some fun, exciting, cool or otherwise interesting GP posts, just to give you all a glimpse of what might be going on on the site outside of your own games and to share some gaming enthusiasm around.

Since we can only be in a small number of games, compared to all the many going on at the same time, there will definitely be some amazing posts that none of the mod team are aware of. If you saw a great post in a game you're in or you have written something that you're particularly proud of, please share it with Bowlofspinach in a private message and we will put it under consideration for a future advent calendar door. Unfortunately, an advent calendar only has 24 doors so it's possible we won't be able to share everything that gets submitted to us if we get a lot of messages, but I'd still love to read as many posts you find fascinating as possible so don't be shy about submitting one or more posts you think would get other people excited 😊
Today, we're paying homage up a beloved lost member of our tribe, Machiabelly. He was a brilliant and enthusiastic player, open, kind, and engaging. After his passing we retired the game that the following is from in his honor.

His characters backstory was he was a young man from a tribe of wolfpeople. When the party visited his village, I threw at him a childhood sweetheart. He glommed onto that whole heartedly.

The game is public but retired, here, if you wish to read the rest of the short exchange.

Jarl

Qralloq

Dec 6, 2022 5:46 pm
Jarl
Jarl leaves his new friends to their own devices while he seeks out Dahlia. He finds her sitting by the river, mending a tear in her armour.

How can the girl he played with through their childhood have grown to be this beautiful.

Dahlia. I must leave again, and I do not wish to part without letting you know how I feel.

He is tongue tied and she seems to know it, as she just stares at him and smiles.

I know that you are the daughter of the chief, and should have a suitor closer to your station. My hope is that by completing this quest will elevate my place in the pack. If you would have me, I would beg a small token that I could carry with me, to remind me of why I fight.
OOC:
Jarl will either joyfully or dejectedly rejoin the group and be ready to go. I am hoping for joyfully
Dec 6, 2022 6:17 pm
That scene was so sweet. Machiabelly is dearly missed. I'm glad you posted this, Q.
Dec 6, 2022 6:20 pm
So wonderful! Awesome to bring up such a fond memory, Q.
Dec 6, 2022 6:34 pm
That's a great post from a wonderful player! You are missed, Mach
Dec 6, 2022 11:12 pm
What a great post, wonderful memory to share!
Dec 7, 2022 2:11 pm
Thank you for this, thinking of Machiabelly.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.