Kosmosaurs! [CLOSED]

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedKosmosaursPublic1 / daynezzeraj
You are a Kosmosaur, a sentient dinosaur in an elite unit that saves the galaxy from the baddies.

Dec 7, 2022 2:44 pm
http://lukaszkowalczuk.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/00_Kosmosaurs_cover-art_text_2020-12-22.png

THE GAME Kosmosaurs is a game about an elite force of dinosaur space rangers! You and your team will travel the galaxy, righting wrongs and dealing out justice to the bad guys.

THE MOOD This is a very rules lite game about sentient dinosaur space rangers. It will feel like a mash-up of the 90s TV show "Dinosaurs", "Futurama", and "Rick and Morty." It will be silly, goofy, and hopefully full of puns.

THE CAMPAIGN I have no predetermined end-point. This will be an episodic game where each "episode" will last a few weeks. I'm looking to start in the next week. I'll have a lot of time over winter vacation and I want this to be a fast-paced game of 4-5 players that post 1/day (except for actual holidays).

THE APPLICATIONING If you're interested, leave a comment with a rough character concept. Character creation can either be rolling on random tables or choosing if you have a strong concept. Depending on the number of applications, I'll pick the most interesting or enthusiastic players/characters.

https://img.itch.zone/aW1hZ2UvMTU4MzQyNi85MjU2NzExLmpwZw==/original/DlOlbK.jpg
Last edited December 9, 2022 8:44 am
Dec 7, 2022 3:46 pm
This sounds like it would be great fun :D. I love the silly theme! One post per day should not be a problem, so I'd be happy to join if you'll have me.

Here's my character idea:
Frank is a young-adult Garudimimus, a species of dinosaur that has arms that resemble wings but lacks the ability to fly. Frank's life long dream was to soar through the skies. The Kosmo Rangers are his chance to make that happen!
He may not have a lot of life experience, but he's got over 500 hours of Claw of Duty under his belt. Surely that counts as battle experience, right?

He would be the rookie of the group. Or maybe another player's side-kick?
[ +- ] Garudimimus
Dec 8, 2022 4:40 am
Just peeping to endorse Nezzeraj as a GM. I've enjoyed his stewardship in several games and find him to be an excellent tutor for previously unknown systems.

Kosmosaurs looks like great fun, I even acquired the book at some point. Totally had fun recently with a similar themed semi-silly gonzo game, Bounty Hunters in Space.
Dec 8, 2022 7:12 am
Qralloq says:
Just peeping to endorse Nezzeraj as a GM. I've enjoyed his stewardship in several games and find him to be an excellent tutor for previously unknown systems.

Kosmosaurs looks like great fun, I even acquired the book at some point. Totally had fun recently with a similar themed semi-silly gonzo game, Bounty Hunters in Space.
Thanks! :)
Dec 8, 2022 12:50 pm
TheGenerator says:
This sounds like it would be great fun :D. I love the silly theme! One post per day should not be a problem, so I'd be happy to join if you'll have me.

Here's my character idea:
Frank is a young-adult Garudimimus, a species of dinosaur that has arms that resemble wings but lacks the ability to fly. Frank's life long dream was to soar through the skies. The Kosmo Rangers are his chance to make that happen!
He may not have a lot of life experience, but he's got over 500 hours of Claw of Duty under his belt. Surely that counts as battle experience, right?

He would be the rookie of the group. Or maybe another player's side-kick?
[ +- ] Garudimimus
Great, love the idea!

KCC

Dec 8, 2022 1:18 pm
https://i.imgur.com/gho4Qvg.jpg

Can I post a character concept in the form of an image?
Dec 8, 2022 1:23 pm
KCC coming in with representation for triceracops
Dec 8, 2022 1:42 pm
KCC says:

Can I post a character concept in the form of an image?
Absolutely!
Dec 8, 2022 6:43 pm
I think I need to get in on this. Will dinos be able to fly? If so I'd like to play a Pteranodon or Quetzalcoatlus, high-flying, fast-shooting, glass canon, adrenaline junkie. Will I need to buy the book to play?
Last edited December 8, 2022 9:46 pm
Dec 9, 2022 12:38 am
Sure, flying is no problem. No book required, it's a very basic system and everything you need to know is on the character sheet.
Dec 9, 2022 2:47 am
Dinosaucers on Acid? That sounds interesting.

If we already have a pilot/flyguy, perhaps a cowardly deinonychus scientist? Got to get the whole five-man band, right?
Dec 9, 2022 4:32 am
You could always be a band as a side gig! We don't have any roles filled yet.
Dec 9, 2022 4:56 am
While also being a band sounds potentially hilarious, I was referring to the group dynamic trope.
Dec 9, 2022 5:57 am
Names Rickie Raptor. Needed something done? I was da guy. Shady dealings? Notta problem. Fast hands? No one faster than me. Until my fast-talking, wisecracking remarks, and quick hands landed in irons (more like laser cuffs, really. But have you ever tried to change a phrase, eh? Not so easy is it wise guy?) Anyways. The only way to stay outta tha joint was to help catch other rabble like me. So heres we are. Helpin the feds to keep myself outta trouble.
Dec 9, 2022 8:44 am
That makes 5! I'll be sending invites and closing recruitment.
Dec 9, 2022 8:44 am
GreyGriffin says:
While also being a band sounds potentially hilarious, I was referring to the group dynamic trope.
lol, I was thinking the same thing, my character concept is inspired by the Pink Ranger

You do not have permission to post in this thread.