Mobile and Drop downs

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 18, 2016 1:31 pm
I dont know if this is the right place for it, but I find that navigating the site on mobile to be very difficult, especially when attempting to access measages and even character sheets, because the drop downs dont seem to like a touch interface. Is there anything that can be done there for us players who are stuck on a mobile device?
Jul 18, 2016 1:34 pm
I'm open to suggestions. I'd do clicking an item with a drop-down opens instead of going to that link, but then how would you go to that link?
Jul 18, 2016 4:48 pm
That I am not sure. I do know that getting to the inbox from the character portrait on mobile is difficult, which is what led me to say something in the first place. I dont even know how I eventually got to my inbox (I may have waited till I got to a pc to check it?) Because it would just go to my acccount page when I tried to go to the inbox.
Jul 18, 2016 4:52 pm
I've gotten around the issue by long-pressing on the links, which would do two things.

1) It activates the GP drop-down menu without actually clicking on the link
2) It brings up Android/Chrome's menu of how to handle the link (eg open in new tab, copy address, etc)

I just back out of Android/Chrome's menu and can then access GP's drop-down menu options. I don't know what the process is like on iOS or other browsers, but it's the workaround that I'm using.....
Jul 18, 2016 4:56 pm
njohn858 says:
I've gotten around the issue by long-pressing on the links, which would do two things.

1) It activates the GP drop-down menu without actually clicking on the link
2) It brings up Android/Chrome's menu of how to handle the link (eg open in new tab, copy address, etc)

I just back out of Android/Chrome's menu and can then access GP's drop-down menu options. I don't know what the process is like on iOS or other browsers, but it's the workaround that I'm using.....
This is what I do on my Android when I have to do it (very rare!)

Really though, there aren't many dropdowns. Tools/Characters/Games/Profile, so if you wanted to make clicking on it just drop it down it wouldn't be hard

Tools only has 3 options, so that one is fine
Characters already has an option for All Characters, so that's fine
Games could have an All Games button added
Profile (Avatar) has only 3 options, so that's fine too.

Sounds about right?
Jul 18, 2016 5:22 pm
Yea, That is right. I am using Dolphin on Android, but I'll test using Chrome and see if I can get the dropdowns to work. In Dolphin they dont work at all.
Jul 18, 2016 5:27 pm
So we can try for a week clicking to open instead of hovering. I'll have to add little dropdown triangles next to Tools, Characters, and Games.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.