OOC Chat

Dec 15, 2022 11:44 am
How do you guys prefer to do OOC? On here or on Discord? There's something to the speed of Discord, however it only really works if everyone uses it
Dec 15, 2022 1:36 pm
Here is fine for me. I never got into Discord, personally. I'm also never really in a hurry.
Last edited December 15, 2022 1:36 pm
Dec 15, 2022 1:46 pm
Sweet, then we'll just keep it here :)
Dec 15, 2022 2:02 pm
Here is fine, especially since this is a daily game. One less place/thing to keep track of.
Howdy MaJunior
I like the name @Sassafras. It make me chuckle. Just a fun word
Dec 15, 2022 2:07 pm
Hey @Psybermagi! Awesome that you're here too!

Random question, only because I'm juggling a bunch of character ideas, but are you allowing firearms (per the DMG) for the campaign?
Dec 15, 2022 2:10 pm
Do you do group rolls where as long as half succeed they help the others?
How about a Passive @ disadvantage (5+ proficiency bonus) as a basic level of perception/insight?
OOC:
Sigh, worth a shot but i doubt the DC is that low
Last edited December 15, 2022 2:11 pm

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Dec 15, 2022 2:27 pm
@Psybermagi

Brought it here to not clog up the character creation thread...

If you really want to fill in gaps in the party, you might wait to see what the others settle on. That way we know where the gaps are.

Outside of that...

Paladin/Celestial Warlock.
Big single target damage, healing, support, magical support, and tanky. Got some of almost everything in one package.
Dec 15, 2022 3:55 pm
MaJunior says:
Hey @Psybermagi! Awesome that you're here too!

Random question, only because I'm juggling a bunch of character ideas, but are you allowing firearms (per the DMG) for the campaign?
In general no, but if you really want to be a gunslinger or something like that, I’m not hardline against it.
Psybermagi says:
Do you do group rolls where as long as half succeed they help the others?
How about a Passive @ disadvantage (5+ proficiency bonus) as a basic level of perception/insight?
OOC:
Sigh, worth a shot but i doubt the DC is that low
Wait, what are you rolling for? 😅
I might do group rolls at certain points
Dec 15, 2022 5:11 pm
I was considering an Artificer who used firearms if you'd allow it.

But... it is entirely your call.

I have easily a dozen character ideas floating around in my noggin, so if you'd rather not go the guns route that's perfectly fine. (I'm not trying to push you into anything you're hesitant or uncomfortable with.)
Dec 15, 2022 5:21 pm
No, I think it makes sense than an artificer could build a prototype gun, so I’ll allow it
Dec 15, 2022 5:29 pm
Alrighty, then I'll run with it. Thank you.

Let it be said: Once I get my character submitted if there's anything you're not comfortable with, I have no problem changing things around to fit your game -- even if it's a new build from the ground up.
Dec 15, 2022 5:34 pm
That’s cool. As long as the characters make somewhat sense and aren’t game breaking then I’m pretty large when it comes to character creation. You guys are the ones that need to connect with them the most after all
Dec 15, 2022 6:20 pm
I have a Thri-Kreen rogue from a game that died. But like I said I'm ok with another role of someone really wants to go rogue
Dec 15, 2022 6:25 pm
I'm sorry, another sort of random question:

Strixhaven as a setting has a rather... unique... place in the DnD setting. It's Magic the Gathering, but also presented as more DnD as opposed to say... Mythic Odysseys of Theros.

Would the Initiate feats backgrounds be acceptable?
Last edited December 15, 2022 6:45 pm
Dec 15, 2022 8:24 pm
I haven’t played Strixhaven, but at a cursory glance I guess it’s fine. As long as you can shape it to fit with the setting and the gods of the Forgotten Realm
Dec 15, 2022 8:38 pm
I was thinking of using it as more of just a formalized magical school. It doesn't have to be Strixhaven, specifically. Just an institution of higher learning.

For artificers, it would be sort of a magical engineering school, if you will. Lol

That shouldn't be too hard to adapt to Forgotten Realms or anything.
Last edited December 15, 2022 8:39 pm
Dec 16, 2022 4:02 am
Happy to be part of this campaign! It's going to be exciting creating a new character. That's probably one of my favorite parts of playing D&D. In all honesty, I've always had a monk character concept in mind for ages. I absolutely adore really trying to get into the character's mind and try my best to form emotional and dramatic arcs (even though it's just a game - but alas it is ROLEPLAY!) So, if it's cool to throw out some background history for this character, I'd really appreciate some feedback! Looking forward to playing with everyone!
Dec 16, 2022 4:44 am
Awesome, glad to have you on board. I’m going to make a thread for character backgrounds as well. It’s always good to get an idea of who you’re playing.
Dec 16, 2022 5:52 pm
At the moment, I am planning on a human Battle Master fighter.
Dec 16, 2022 6:06 pm
Sweet, so we have a rogue, and then three leaning towards monk, fighter and artificer
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.