The GP Advent Calendar - Door 17

Dec 17, 2022 6:03 pm
Hey there, lovely GP community!

Throughout the next 24 days, we, the mods, want to highlight some fun, exciting, cool or otherwise interesting GP posts, just to give you all a glimpse of what might be going on on the site outside of your own games and to share some gaming enthusiasm around.

Since we can only be in a small number of games, compared to all the many going on at the same time, there will definitely be some amazing posts that none of the mod team are aware of. If you saw a great post in a game you're in or you have written something that you're particularly proud of, please share it with me in a private message and we will put it under consideration for a future advent calendar door. Unfortunately, an advent calendar only has 24 doors so it's possible we won't be able to share everything that gets submitted to us if we get a lot of messages, but I'd still love to read as many posts you find fascinating as possible so don't be shy about submitting one or more posts you think would get other people excited 😊
I'm going to cheat a little bit again today but not actually highlighting one awesome post but a whole project by just spotlighting its first post. In order to bring the community closer together and to let us meet some of its members, Qralloq created the Gamers exPlane YouTube series, interviewing community members about different topics. It was an amazing project and I remember eagerly awaiting each new episode while it was going on. So here is the spotlight such an awesome project deserves!

Qralloq

bowlofspinach

Dec 17, 2022 6:03 pm
I had this mad idea, and found a madman to help me explore it.

The Idea: What would happen if I video-chat-interviewed Gamers Plane users and posted those on YouTube?

The Rationalization: My obsessive brain insisted that I do this, but did not fully explain why. So why would I do this? Afterall, I'm an introvert and I have no experience conducting interviews. I want to know more about all of you, you people who I largely only know through your posts. You have a lot to say, and while I could probably post huge chunks of video showing what I know about GP, (guides, tips, tricks, and anecdotes) you could, too, if only you had a platform and the impetus to do so.

The Team: I sought a few of you for advice, and many people have contributed to the development. Among them, Lavtodd, Windyridge, Len, Skeptical_Stun, and Keleth have all given me advice or feedback.

The Mission Statement: Gamers Plane is an amazing, inclusive community, full of positivity and respect. I want to construct not criticize; build everything, destroy nothing; find common ground and avoid divisive topics; shine a spotlight on how normal and human we all are.
The Result: I present to you the first episode of Player Versus Player, the interview subtopic to this project. Here I interview GP moderator Len and we spent 45 minutes talking. I think we both could have continued for hours.

Gamers exPlane - Player Versus Player - s1e01 Qralloq v Len
Next Steps: I have a couple more people who have expressed interest in participating. I'll set up times with them and hope to get those going soon. But all of you can contribute, whether or not you want to be anywhere near a camera and microphone. Send me feedback, suggestions, questions, requests. If you would like to be interviewed, please reach out, either through a PM or on Discord.

I'd later like to expand this to include user guides ("Qral-lore"? ew, awkward). I could easily run through topics like: What a New User Should Know, Building a Character Sheet, Setting up a New Game, Using the Administrative Control Panel, or How To Sing Heavy Metal Songs So Off Key Even Geese Would Will Complain.

Another possible topic is Q&A (Qralloq & Answers). If users send me questions, I'll answer them in a video series dedicated to such. Maybe an interview with a subject matter expert could be arranged.

I want this to be in part a community project. I am inspired by you all.
Qralloq
Dec 18, 2022 10:41 am
Haven't seen all of these 1 to 1 videos, but the ones I have seen are great. Like friends sitting together in a bar, chatting about games.
Dec 18, 2022 11:18 am
How 'bout Qralloq & Role as a title?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.