DND 5E - The Threshold of Adventure

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedDungeons & Dragons 5thPrivate3 / weekBaron_T
See recruitment thread (below)

Dec 28, 2022 7:54 pm
THE THRESHOLD OF ADVENTURE

Gu’trak crouched low behind a rotting log; the smell of moss and forest tickled his snout of a nose. As Gu’trak watched, an alpine swallow swooped across the mountain road that ran from Verge to Threshold.

The only sound was the muffled snorts and shifting of the raiding party. With a grunt, Gu’trak adjusted his battleaxe tracing the angular runes with a green finger. He smiled through his tusks as he turned to his brother "Kill hard skins, take the rest." He grunted in their guttural language.

Gu’trak’s brother nodded with a face face covered with blue streaks of paint to scare death. The orcs tensed as a whispered snort rippled down the line. Presently a small party of two wagons and twenty people was kicking up dust along the road.

The warhorn blared.

———

This game will start out with players being captives of the orcs. I am planning this to be run in short episodes that will have off ramps for people if they decide to move on. We will agree on what the goal is for the first part chapter together (and can change later). My goal is to make these rather smaller than what might be expected to keep the dialog going and ensure we are all still invested.

To get some of the basics out of the way:

System: DND 5e
Total players: 2-3
Starting level: 3
Stats: Standard array or 4d6 drop one
Race/class: any WOTC exc. UA
Campaign setting: Mystara with some changes

Post frequency: 3-4 times per week

Adult themes: captivity, violence, some regional prejudice. Honestly most of this will be tame. I will halt overly graphic violence, torture and violence to children. We will also discuss if there are other lines/veils for the players.

HOW TO APPLY

Currently we have a Dhampir Rogue (Arcane Trickster) on board so are looking for 1-2 more). Respond to this post with:
character name
Race and class
character concept of no more than 5 sentences. (Background/any personal missions or enemies/ anything else about them)

Applications will be assessed on the evening of the 30th US time and on first come first serve after that.
Dec 28, 2022 8:08 pm
Sounds interesting... worth throwing my hat in the ring. Worst case scenario, better applicants get picked.

Concept: "Nameless", a V. Human (or Custom Lineage maybe?) Monk, possible multiclass as the game progresses. Outlander background.

Thinking of playing up the nameless, wandering monk concept. Shows up, helps people in need, is gone the next morning. Then again, depending on the problems at hand, he can stay around to assist as long as needed. If we need plot hooks or old enemies, he's probably pissed off some folks looking to exploit or victimize the common townsfolk -- maybe their agents came looking for him.
Last edited December 28, 2022 8:09 pm
Dec 28, 2022 8:46 pm
Sounds like it could be a fun game. I’ll toss my hat into the ring too.

Concept: JarRyk Lancaster, Human Sorcerer, Draconic Bloodline, not sure on background yet.

Playing this as someone who is trying to find their place in the world and in search of the dragons to learn more about his bloodline.

snapperw81 sent a note to Baron_T
Last edited December 30, 2022 4:23 pm
Dec 28, 2022 9:11 pm
Very interesting in this and its format.

Concept would be Lowguard, a Goliath Fighter Arcane Warrior (a character from a different adventure that fell through)

They are a 'runt' from their clan unable to match other in physical ability, they tend to relay on their intellect and knowledge to get buy. Proving to not be as useful as expected from to the tribe, they leave seeking out knowledge of the arcane.
Dec 28, 2022 9:14 pm
Layla, var human, sorcerer, divine soul, folk hero

Layla is the daughter of a human mother and a celestial being, call him an angel. Her father abandonned them, before she was born, but she was gifted with his magic. She grew up in ignorance for a long time, all she knew was that she had the gift to heal injuries and bless people, for which she gained a little fame in her local tiny town. But the creatures from the lower planes, demons and devils, noticed her to and saw her as a target so she wouldn't become a threat.
Last edited December 28, 2022 9:15 pm
Dec 29, 2022 11:08 am
Baron_T says:

I am planning this to be run in short episodes that will have off ramps for people if they decide to move on. We will agree on what the goal is for the first part chapter together (and can change later).
This sound like a brilliant plan for a PBP. While 3 posts per week is just too slow for me I am just grateful there are DMs here willing to implement player's desire for story goals. Good luck!
Dec 29, 2022 8:15 pm
Can't wait to see who joins Baron and I in this game. I'll be playing the Dhampir Arcane Trickster rogue in the game named Veronica Crane.
Dec 29, 2022 9:03 pm
Amberthegirlgeekgamer87 says:
Can't wait to see who joins Baron and I in this game. I'll be playing the Dhampir Arcane Trickster rogue in the game named Veronica Crane.
I'm really glad you found the game you were looking for! I'd love to game with you, but even if I don't, I hope you have a blast!
Dec 29, 2022 10:00 pm
Thanks majunior. And I will. We'll find out who gets in tomorrow.
Dec 30, 2022 3:40 pm
Hello. This sounds fun. I would love to play if you haven't decided yet.

Concept: Dennan, Human Ranger.

Dennan is a woodsman/hunter with a rather acute connection to the wild and its animals. He was the sole survived of a raid/massacre on his village as a young child. The members of his village were either killed or taken captive and he found ways to survive for a year alone in the razed village, hunting and gathering, until orcs moved into the area forced him to flee. The forest became his home and he developed an unlikely relationship with a lone wolf who he saved from a bear. He has no love for raiders or slavers and will one day deal vengeance on those who killed his family and abducted his people.
Last edited December 30, 2022 3:54 pm
Dec 31, 2022 2:27 am
Invitations sent out, so we are closed. Thank you for all the interest and welcome to the game Dragonling and Seck (if you are still interested) look forward to playing with you!
Dec 31, 2022 2:27 am
Y’all didn’t make it easy with these applications :)
Dec 31, 2022 3:00 am
Baron_T thank you! I am excited. I will get on making my character.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.