[Recruiting] Age of Storms

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

OpenResistance ToolboxPublic5 / weekseifi
As heirs of rebels who have fought the Dragon gods, you have inherited something that none had for millennia: Freedom to choose your fate, free from oppression.
You have paid dearly for the privilege. Full-blown fantasy apocalypse ravaged the land for decades, causing deadly magical storms and birthing monsters out of nightmares. Mortal races scramble for what they can, being effectively sent back to late stone age/early ancient times.
Yet... You do not yield. Wielding the gift your ancestors gave you, you are determined to carve your fate into the broken weave of destiny. You shall explore these cursed lands, plunder their secrets and make this place safe for generations to come.

Dec 30, 2022 1:34 pm
Hell comes to greet us once again.
Storms of unfathomable power, born of the dead gods.
Made of ancient hatred; of aloof preeminence; and of desperate mortal dreams.

Welcome to the

AGE OF STORMS

https://i.imgur.com/ycR1rrm.jpg

The Pitch: As heirs of rebels who have fought the Dragon gods, you have inherited something that none had for millennia: Freedom to choose your fate, free from oppression.
You have paid dearly for the privilege. Full-blown fantasy apocalypse ravaged the land for decades, causing deadly magical storms and birthing monsters out of nightmares. Mortal races scramble for what they can, being effectively sent back to late stone age/early ancient times.
Yet... You do not yield. Wielding the gift your ancestors gave you, you are determined to carve your fate into the broken weave of destiny. You shall explore these cursed lands, plunder their secrets and make this place safe for generations to come.

The Meta Pitch: I have always loved games such as XCOM or Darkest dungeon, where a pool of heroes fights against adversity, with some dying horrible deaths while others rose to greatness.
I would love to transfer a similar feeling into PbP setting, with the possibility of fully fleshing out character stories and letting them pursue their own fates should they grow powerful enough.
The beginning of the game would be centered around the only human settlement known to have survived the apocalypse; with the possibility to branch out once the players have sufficient familiarity with the system and their characters.

Game system: Resistance Toolbox, absolutely amazing narrative game engine used to run games such as Heart: The City Beneath or Spire. The Toolbox always has a need for some tinkering in order to fit the setting, so I will provide you with complete ruleset once the game starts.
The system is pretty lean and you can expect 90% of used rules to be summarized within one page. If you've ever played Heart, you are pretty much good to go already.

Character Options: I would like each player to have a pool of 2-3 characters, some of which will be focused on downtime activities while others are in action.
Random generation will be rewarded, yet not mandatory.

Game Duration and Post Frequency: I would like this to be a long-term campaign. That said, I understand real life happens sometimes. Player interest will be revisited on chapter-by-chapter basis, with the option to bow out of the game or take in new players.
As for the post frequency, I expect the game to settle at about 3-5 posts per week and would like this number to be a little higher at the beginning to get things off.

Player Experience: None needed!

Adult Content or Controversial Themes: This is a game about life inside a cursed land that will give you everything you ever wished for or kill you in the process. While I am perfectly happy to do a fadeout, you can expect a controversial theme or two.

Welcome Marginalized Groups: All are welcome in these cursed lands!
Last edited January 1, 2023 5:45 pm
Dec 30, 2022 3:00 pm
Never played with Resistance Toolbox, but I’d be interested to learn something new.
Dec 30, 2022 3:43 pm
This sounds intriguing and I've been looking for unique or unusual games. I'm interested!
Dec 30, 2022 9:05 pm
I like the tone of this. I am very interested.
Dec 30, 2022 11:46 pm
I have not played Resistance Toolbox, if you're willing to help me through it I'd love to play.
Jan 1, 2023 5:43 pm
Happy to see there is interest, the invites have been sent!

It may take a day or two before I finish up the prep work, so if anybody else finds this appealing, feel free to hop in!
Jan 1, 2023 5:46 pm
This game looks like fun!

@seifi, could I join this one as well?
Jan 1, 2023 5:57 pm
jollycooperative says:
This game looks like fun!

@seifi, could I join this one as well?
After your glorious exploits in Heart? Heck yeah, invite sent!
Jan 2, 2023 1:46 pm
Never use these mechanics, but sounds like fun!
Jan 2, 2023 4:22 pm
Genogambino6 says:
Never use these mechanics, but sounds like fun!
Happy to have you! Invite sent.
May 24, 2023 11:04 am
With a significant chapter of the story coming to a close, I believe our game could benefit from the addition of 1-3 new players!

Story hooks - What you can be a part of!

Expedition to Ir Davar: In the previous chapter, the players revived a group of servants of the dragon gods, lost in time due to magical stasis. These men, led by an ancient dragon general Elen, desire to travel to the sacred City of Dragons, Ir Davar, to find out what exactly happened to the world. They could certainly use help.

The Monster Hunters: Stoneclaws is the only human settlement known to have survived to this very day, partly thanks to a group of men and women dedicated to purging the surrounding areas of the village of any manner of vile creatures.
Edgar, the leader of the monster hunters, tragically lost an arm in the previous chapter, which means the group is now without a leader. Without intervention, it will surely descend into chaos, leaving Stoneclaws unprotected.

The Life at Stoneclaws: We are using a highly narrative system, meaning socializing and scheming can be just as rewarding as decapitating your foes! With the chieftain of the village, Edulun, getting older, it is only a manner of time before a successor needs to be chosen.
May 24, 2023 10:11 pm
This premise sounds intriguing. Would like to join your campaign.
May 25, 2023 9:24 pm
hannabarbera says:
This premise sounds intriguing. Would like to join your campaign.
Happy to have ya! Invite sent

You do not have permission to post in this thread.