Game feedback

Jan 1, 2023 9:30 pm
Hey! So as the first mini-mission of the first module is drawing to a close, I thought I’d make this thread for you guys to be able to provide feedback for the game so far.

My plan is that I’ll check in after every module, but since the first one is so fragmented, I figured I might as well iron any possible kinks out as fast as possible. So is the game moving too slow? Too fast? Am I being too descriptive or not descriptive enough? Am I helping too much or too little? Is there generally something you’d like me to change or do differently? Whatever it is, feel free to let me know
Jan 1, 2023 10:04 pm
Everything’s pretty great to me! No real feedback to give.
Jan 1, 2023 10:04 pm
Well, I'm quite pleased with how things are going. No need to change anything, IMO.
Jan 2, 2023 10:10 am
I'm delighted with game peace hope we could keep it. Too soon to answer some of the other questions, just one nice to have thing:
I would like to have enough details of environment during a combat encounter to be able to understand if my PC could have any chance to use hide action (as my particular PC could do it as BA which I have no other use of).
This is assuming DM is willing to allow me perform next ranged spell attack (Chill Touch) with advantage after successful hide.
Jan 2, 2023 10:22 am
Sweet, I'll try and make sure to provide more description regarding the space. I'll also do my best to include at least rudimentary maps for future combats, even if it's not a "dungeon". As far as you getting advantage on attacks from hiding, you will get advantage on attacks if the creature doesn't spot you. But I'll say that you have to break line of sight to do so, basically so you can't jump out and attack and jump straight back into hiding the exact same place. So instead you'd have to jump out, attack, move to another hiding place and make a successful stealth check. Does that make sense?
Jan 2, 2023 10:24 am
I might be more or less strict on this depending on the combat. If it's complete chaos it'd be easier to hide versus a more straight fight like the one you just had
Jan 2, 2023 10:53 am
Absolutely. I only want to hide if it improves story, not just for the stake of getting advantage. Besides my +2 stealth modifier will make it ineffective anyways , Zrukz will seldom forget to hide his stuff or be just too clumsy.
Feb 6, 2023 4:43 pm
As we are wrapping up the first module, I wanted to revisit this. So is the game moving too slow? Too fast? Am I being too descriptive or not descriptive enough? Am I helping too much or too little? Is there generally something you’d like me to change or do differently? I know that I need to remember Tikcha a bit more often :P

Of course I also need to ask if everyone are happy to continue on to the next module? That will be our first full and proper one.
Feb 6, 2023 4:58 pm
I'm pretty happy with both narration and pacing, honestly. I'm here for the next module for sure.
Feb 6, 2023 5:23 pm
I am good on speed and detail and descriptions. On board for chapter 2
Feb 6, 2023 5:39 pm
I’m also on board for chapter 2! I think pace may be just a tad bit too quick for me. I just don’t want to have a day where I’m pretty jam packed and I feel my character is a bit left behind. Maybe a solution is to have a cap on the amount of posts we have a day - perhaps 2 or 3 as a cap? Then again, I don’t want to hold anyone back! Just a suggestion from me. :)
Feb 6, 2023 6:00 pm
That's fair. I'll try and be better at not moving the story along until everyone has had time to post at least in the situations where it's not due to player actions. I'll also try and keep the amount of posts I make in mind, especially in terms of story driven posts. I'll be looser when it comes to character interactions/investigations of places etc. as that I feel is okay to catch up on. Does that sound fair?
Feb 6, 2023 7:56 pm
Sounds good to me! Thank you!
Feb 6, 2023 10:01 pm
I'm surprised in a positive way about this AL content not feeling very railroaded. This game is exceeding my expectation so far and I would love to continue. Nothing I would like to change, but since you ask a bit of a feedback:

Pace. I also had that feeling in the morning that I have missed my opportunity to react. But now as I try to objectively look back - can't find any particular DM rushed narrative.

Helping: I do have a feeling that DM do not challenge us enough. But maybe that's AL intro sessions that does not. Not sure.
Feb 6, 2023 10:12 pm
GreyWord says:

Helping: I do have a feeling that DM do not challenge us enough. But maybe that's AL intro sessions that does not. Not sure.
Yeah, that's partly to do with the way the first module is built up. All of the 5 intro missions are optimized for 5 level 1 characters. Obviously you levelled up halfway through, which might've made the back half especially a little too easy. There were options to scale up the difficulty, but you cleverly made the goblin/bugbear encounter a straight fight out in the open instead of sneaking through the caves and the scaling for the last mission had more to do with the obelisks which ended up having no effect on the actual Grick combat (plus you managed to barricade the guards which minimized the amount of fighting that you needed to do).

So actually a large part of it was that you very successfully managed to neutralize the encounters quite a bit. The next module is optimized for 5 level 2 characters, so let's see if that makes it more challenging :)
Apr 16, 2023 5:42 pm
Hey gang! We came up on the end of another module. So I would once again like to ask if there is anything you’d like me to do differently going forward? I would also like to ask if everyone are still up for continuing? I’m gonna look for a replacement for Urzog.

I tried to slow the pace down a little bit for the last module compared to the first. Do you think that was better or too slow?
Apr 16, 2023 7:29 pm
I've been thoroughly enjoying everything so far. IMO, no need to make any changes.
Apr 16, 2023 9:42 pm
I'm am good but perhaps avoid any potential religious issues will make things smoother
Last edited April 16, 2023 11:32 pm
Apr 17, 2023 3:38 am
I’ll try and see what I can do to minimise any religious angle
Apr 17, 2023 7:46 am
I believe I was the only one with issue demolishing religious legacy and I promise to keep my opinion to myself. My PC will not be doing that bet will have no problem if other PCs decide to destroy anything.

The peace is comfortable. Maybe little bit too slow indeed. I wouldn't mind bit faster, but would like to hear other opinions.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.