Chapter 22 - He's out there

load previous

Hock, toadie

Dr_B

Feb 8, 2023 10:50 pm
bowlofspinach says:
"So what you're saying is you're not telling us anything we don't already know. You just got scared by Solomon and ran to us but now you're not going to help at all?" Al asks pointedly. "You know, if you really want to help against Solomon, what you need to do is first of all come up with any useful information and then also help us fight him and Chet and the others when we have a plan again."
witchdoctor says:
The smart thing...the brave thing...to do is hang around with Chet until they find a place and then let us know where they are. Johnny countered before the boy left the doorway. Then maybe we can come up with a way to beat Solomon and get Chet out from under his control. Despite everything his emotions were yelling at him, Johnny felt kind of bad for Hock. Look, I know you're scared. And that's okay. We are too... I know it took a lot for you to come to us for help. Help us to help you. To help Chet and the others...
Hock, toadie
Hock listens to the hunters' arguments. You can tell an inner conundrum is tormenting him. he eventually lowers his voice and says:
"OK, OK... I can tell you this: after the fight at the freak shop, the other day, the cops been looking for us all over. Chet's been hiding... under the Amusement Pier. Whenever he's not with Solomon, he hides there. He's even found a spot for the bike."

He glances over his shoulder, then adds "you follow Chet, you find Solomon."

He turns quickly his back on them and walks off. Just before he disappears around the bend, he turns to say "you haven't heard it from me."
Feb 8, 2023 10:54 pm
Bev blinks at what Al says, surprised at how much the insult hurts, even in jest. " Haha, yeah I know, right?! I gotta work out some kinks," she laughs.

It kinda is dumb isn't it... she thinks.

But in response to Hock, she gets excited. "Awesome! Now we can enact our spy mission."
Feb 9, 2023 4:27 pm
Logan
Logan watches Hock walk away.
"That was... unexpected. Only one way to find out if he's telling the truth..."

GM

The Hunters look at each other. The aftermath of the Battle for the Fulcrum has been eventful and tiring.
From morning healing at Eddard's, to visiting abandoned houses. From the horrible realisation that Solomon is behind the recent earthquake (his power magnified by the Fulcrum THEY let him take) to the attempted seance.

And now, Hock showing up. Is he really the weak link in the Solomon alliance?? And is Chet truly hiding where Hock says?
OOC:
I was thinking of closing here the chapter, but @Dunko : do you want some Tinkering time for Bev to put together her new gizmo?
Feb 9, 2023 4:30 pm
OOC:
It can totally happen off camera! Other than...
Bev shakes the jar of ball bearings and looks to Logan. "Can I have these," she asks.

😉
Feb 9, 2023 4:38 pm
"Be my guest... You surely know better than me how to use them..." he says.
OOC:
We fade to black as our chapter concludes...

Thread locked