Forum Posting Bug

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 12, 2023 7:25 pm
I am having an issue posting in a game forum of mine. Other forums in the same game and in others are working fine, but this one is acting strangely in mobile and on desktop mode. It allows quotation, but never shows the correct text box or allows proper use of the editor.

Game Link: https://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/27995/?view=newPost#newPost

Relevant Image: https://i.imgur.com/6ar6WX1.png
Jan 12, 2023 7:30 pm
Uh maybe private messages are breaking the quote functionality?

I am pushing private to the limit there 😅
Last edited January 12, 2023 7:31 pm
Jan 12, 2023 7:37 pm
I've seen issues like this before. I think they happen because of wrongly nested tags, though I can't say why.

Something like
[spoiler=""][note="RAAMtentacles"][/spoiler][/note]

instead of
[spoiler=""][note="RAAMtentacles"][/note][/spoiler]

See if there's something like that in one of the most recent posts in the thread.
Jan 12, 2023 8:08 pm
The only nested thing in that one is a [private][color] which I removed now. Can you try again RAAM?
Last edited January 12, 2023 8:08 pm
Jan 12, 2023 8:11 pm
Still no luck and I don't think its a quoting issue. My normal response box isn't appearing at all, even for me just to make a post. The only way I can get it to interact at all is with the quote function so that's why I mentioned that.
Jan 12, 2023 8:15 pm
This is the Loadin' Up the Icebreaker thread, right? The text box looks totally normal to me... Weird. @CESN, can you un-GM me so I can see if I'll have the same issue then?
Jan 12, 2023 8:30 pm
sure! done.

I'll try to post a completely non formatted post for you to try as well
Jan 12, 2023 8:33 pm
Yup, now I don't have a reply box there anymore either. Hm, re-GM me and I'll see if I find anything there that might cause it
Jan 12, 2023 8:53 pm
problem solved with much testing by bowl :D

there was a [private][note] that broke the thread

You do not have permission to post in this thread.