Thumbs

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 13, 2023 10:01 am
I keep wanting to click "thumbs up" like on facebook or whatsapp to acknowledge read and to see who read it......
Jan 13, 2023 11:49 am
+1, karma and other rating systems have been discussed precariously, but in the end they were all rejected
Jan 13, 2023 12:47 pm
runekyndig says:
+1, karma and other rating systems have been discussed precariously, but in the end they were all rejected
I understood this as more of a check mark like "read" ✓ to avoid the common problem of everyone waiting on everyone else to post, than a rating. I think it has also been discussed as I remember it needs to save all the metadata somewhere, thought I can't remember if that was the problem.
I tried to go around the "issue" by adapting fliptokens (with little success):
[ +- ] skip
It records who flipped it, so you get a list of the players who read, but will not post.
Jan 13, 2023 1:26 pm
CESN says:
runekyndig says:
I understood this as more of a check mark like "read" ✓ to avoid the common problem of everyone waiting on everyone else to post, than a rating. I think it has also been discussed as I remember it needs to save all the metadata somewhere, thought I can't remember if that was the problem.
I tried to go around the "issue" by adapting fliptokens (with little success):
[ +- ] skip
It records who flipped it, so you get a list of the players who read, but will not post.
this is truly monumental.....
Jan 13, 2023 2:22 pm
I usually go by the "last activity" thing in the player's profile. If they've been online recently and the post is a few days old, I assume they have nothing to add and it's fine to continue.
Jan 13, 2023 2:30 pm
TheGenerator says:
I usually go by the "last activity" thing in the player's profile. If they've been online recently and the post is a few days old, I assume they have nothing to add and it's fine to continue.
That's not a bad thought. I'll keep that in mind for situations in the future!
Jan 13, 2023 3:07 pm
TheGenerator says:
now this is the kinda post i wanna "thumbs up" !!!
Jan 13, 2023 7:49 pm
You can always drop a survey wrapped in a spoiler for roll call
Jan 17, 2023 1:43 pm
Psybermagi says:
You can always drop a survey wrapped in a spoiler for roll call
not too sure where Survey is. can see Spoiler, though.....
Jan 17, 2023 2:44 pm
I think Psyber meant Poll, which is between Image and Link. But I think CESN's fliptoken solution is a good one for this
Jan 17, 2023 3:09 pm
just in case, here's the poll reference
[ +- ] spoiled poll
Last edited January 17, 2023 3:10 pm
Jan 17, 2023 3:19 pm
bowlofspinach says:
I think Psyber meant Poll, which is between Image and Link. But I think CESN's fliptoken solution is a good one for this
That's what I meant. With a public poll everyone can see who taps in at a glance

You do not have permission to post in this thread.