Multiple, time stamped posts- high rolls

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 13, 2023 7:23 pm
I hate to ask because I can't even believe it's a thing... but I've been a player in games and a GM in games and have gotten emails about a post with two or three seperate times set as time of posting- typically when there is a dice roll involved. The visible results in the forum are the latest time stamp- and the roll involved is a (typically spectacular) result. The earlier time stamped posts are gone.

How do you guys address this in your games? Or am I just a cynical bastard? I know a cick of a button can result in multiple posts- but when it involves dice rolls I can't help get the suspicion that something isn't quite right.
Jan 13, 2023 7:28 pm
I've noticed some people post multiple times and delete posts like this to cheat. Not naming any names, but yes, sometimes, this can be an issue. The easiest solution is, as GM, to remove delete permission from your players. That way, only the GM can delete posts. You are stuck having to trust your GM to be honest, though.

Beyond that, well, the obvious thing to do is talk to the player in question, as well as the GM if that's not you.

But yea, remove Delete permissions if you worry that this might be an issue in a game. There are some legitimate uses for it and I personally like having it available as a player, but it's not essential.
Jan 13, 2023 7:40 pm
Thanks! I hadn’t thought of that. I hope it doesn’t come to that but if it becomes an ongoing thing it’s nice to know there are options.
Mar 19, 2023 3:37 am
I agree with Bowl, I delete posts often because I keep track of party treasure/loot and delete the old when i make a new.
But, in games I run, I've decided I'll turn off the delete permission because I saw a bad roll get deleted in one of the games I'm in.
I personally like rolling 1's in D&D sometimes just to see how creative my DM will be.
Mar 19, 2023 3:48 am
I've seen this multiple times. I always turn off delete permissions in my games now

You do not have permission to post in this thread.