Ask Me Anything: Eyes

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 15, 2023 9:27 am
In an attempt to get to know the community and other users on GP better, we want to allow a different member each week to step into the spotlight.
You can find more information here.
About me:
Name: Eyes
Professional: No longer working
RPG interests: I joined GP because my long time dm was running a D&D game and invited me. Since then I've joined a few other games. I like story content more than rolling dice. Also looking to start my first pbp campaign
Non RPG interests: My dogs, My wife, My kids. I've gotten into science and history stuff on YouTube and hate the ads but won't pay for ad free.
Other Stuff: I probably come off as abrasive sometimes but I don't mean to be. In sports I believe you should support your home team no matter what. I'm a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders fan. As well as a fan of the team. My dad had a deck of DCC from the 1970's and they've always been my team. I've been to several countries, lived in a few of the United States. Been to all but 3. Had Many different jobs, can legally drive anything with wheels. And, I'm a Sagittarius, lol.

Ask Me Anything.
There are no further AMAs lined up after this one, so if you are interested, please apply to do an AMA next in this thread.
Eyes
Jan 15, 2023 12:18 pm
Quote:
can legally drive anything with wheels
What is the strangest/most unusual wheeled vehicle you had to drive?
What about the hardest/most temperamental?
Jan 15, 2023 3:53 pm
What's the most recent YouTube history-themed rabbit hole you've fallen into?
Jan 15, 2023 6:49 pm
What’s your favourite country that you’ve visited?
Jan 15, 2023 8:40 pm
Dr_B says:
Quote:
can legally drive anything with wheels
What is the strangest/most unusual wheeled vehicle you had to drive?
What about the hardest/most temperamental?
Strangest to me was an off road bucket lift with leveling lifts on the independent axles so each axle had a lift suspension with an electric motor. Made it possible to use the lift on rocky terrain on a 30° slope. That was operating, driving a triple axle truck with triple, triple axle trailers so total it was a 50 wheeler and it had a 18 speed transmission with a brownie gear so it had 2 gear shifters and a range selector... that was hard to get up to speed
Jan 15, 2023 8:48 pm
Qralloq says:
What's the most recent YouTube history-themed rabbit hole you've fallen into?
Most recently, the Korean War. I watched the movie "Devoted" My dad and my father-in-law were both enlisted in that one. My dad never left the states, my father-in-law was in Germany for most of it. So all that got me interested in what kicked it off and then I went down the hole watching battlefield footage, naval vessels and aircraft info, and weapons used.
Jan 15, 2023 8:52 pm
Sassafras says:
So far, Singapore. It's really expensive to stay in a nice hotel but the food and nightlife are great. It's hot during the day so no one is out but as soon as the sun goes down the whole city comes alive. Just don't do anything that would be considered rude because there is probably a law stopping it and a fine associated with it. Oh and chewing gum in public is illegal.
Last edited January 16, 2023 6:06 am
Jan 16, 2023 8:56 pm
Quote:
...an off road bucket lift with leveling lifts on the independent axles...

...a triple axle truck with triple, triple axle trailers so total it was a 50 wheeler...
FAR OUT!!! 😱
Jan 16, 2023 9:07 pm
Yep, I forgot to count the 2 axle dollies on the back two trailers so that's another 16 tires on the ground all hauling rocks.
Jan 16, 2023 11:09 pm
Do you have a favorite PbP or TTRPG moment?
If you could try out any rpg system which would it be?
Jan 17, 2023 12:36 am
Yunera says:
Do you have a favorite PbP or TTRPG moment?
If you could try out any rpg system which would it be?
I've been playing D&D forever so I'm most comfortable with that but I don't have a real favorite. I'm new to PbP, so far I'm learning I like faster posting games. My favorite gaming moment was more about the people involved, we were playing Vampire: The Masquerade, having adult beverages, and one of the girls was laughing so hard she snorted that made it worse, when she tried to talk and all that came out was "weenie .... weenie weenie" we almost killed her making her laugh after that but it was such a good time.
Jan 17, 2023 2:54 am
What's favorite moment (or period) from your gaming history where the story just clicked and the group just went with it? It doesn't have to be PbP. Really, anything.
Jan 17, 2023 3:44 am
Nope, erase all that. The best gaming night was when my friend couldn't talk because of the laughter.
Last edited January 17, 2023 9:05 am
Apr 18, 2023 10:59 pm
Eyes says:
Sassafras says:
So far, Singapore. It's really expensive to stay in a nice hotel but the food and nightlife are great. It's hot during the day so no one is out but as soon as the sun goes down the whole city comes alive. Just don't do anything that would be considered rude because there is probably a law stopping it and a fine associated with it. Oh and chewing gum in public is illegal.
So the weirdest thing is that the chewing of gum isn't illegal, but buying/selling/importing it is! But man you're totally right about there being a rule for everything. Glad you enjoyed your stay, if you ever come back and want recommendations hit me up!
Jun 15, 2023 1:20 am
Edit: Nevermind. Misunderstood something. :)
Last edited June 18, 2023 1:23 am

You do not have permission to post in this thread.