[Interest] Trilemma Adventures WoDu Turbo Breakers

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedWorld of Dungeons: Turbo: BreakersPrivate1 / daytibbius
We're going to play one or more of the Trilemma adventures using the isekai premise built into World of Dungeons: Turbo: Breakers. Player characters are modern people with modern equipment, who enter an adventure location in the Tristhmus through a portal that has appeared in a real world building or other location. The goal of each adventure is to destroy the Weirdstone that has brought the adventure location into synchronicity with the real location.

Jan 23, 2023 10:42 pm
https://i.imgur.com/QtslFxu.png
I'd like to run some Trilemma adventures, kind of a campaign, using either Schrödinger's Ghosts or 1400. Or even Tiny Dungeons. Or WoDu Breakers.
Trilemma is ... a collection of 55 adventure sites, regions, and settlement. Mostly one-pagers, some two- and even three-pagers. All in the same weird, weird setting called the Tristhmus where an ancient culture called the Martoi learned Powers and established an empire that eventually disintegrated into civil war.
The End of the Martoi says:
In the wars of the collapse, the Martoi deployed the three worst of their eldritch curses, strange weapons of last resort. Where Drops of Night were thrown into the air, the sun’s rays retreated from the earth. Where the Tears of Memory were poured into the rivers, people walked away from their lives to live as animals. Where the Water of Ending was poured into the soil, no children would be born. With these strange weapons deployed, the time of the Martoi was over.
After a long and dirty interregnum, the Seree rose.
The Seree says:
Seree origin mythology claims that their sorcerous might was stolen from the gods, but clear-eyed sages point out that the word, "Seree" comes from a Varnan dialect and simply means, "collector." It’s possible the first Seree were truly from the sky, but their most likely origin is as an hermetic order displaced by the collapse of Varna. . . .
Eventually, any benevolent pretense in Seree thinking fell away completely. Although their world was superimposed upon the patchwork of kingdoms, they lived apart from it. Able to ley-walk vast distances, lift whole fortresses into the air, and rule from the mountain tops, they saw their destiny playing out across the grand sweep of continents—not mired in the muck of goat-herding and the stink of the coastal cities.
and fell:
The God Traps says:
At some point, a wizard attempted to snatch one of the gods from the heavens, and against all odds, succeeded. ... Within a few years, several "ensnarement pits" were under construction. The reprisal from the heavens was devastating.
Last edited January 24, 2023 1:56 pm
Jan 24, 2023 4:39 am
Interesting setting.
If using WoDu: Turbo Breakers I'd throw my hat into the ring.
Jan 24, 2023 9:55 am
I only know one of those systems, but I can try this out :D
Jan 24, 2023 1:40 pm
I'm a itchin to run Turbo: Breakers ... bu-ut so, apparently, is @harrigan ... whom I have summoned now to chime in.
Jan 24, 2023 3:12 pm
The setting sounds cool. This is also the first I'm hearing of all the systems bar tiny dungeons so I'm off to go look them up :p
Jan 24, 2023 3:20 pm
LightOfMidnight says:
The setting sounds cool. This is also the first I'm hearing of all the systems bar tiny dungeons so I'm off to go look them up :p
I think we're settling into Turbo: Breakers as the rules. The game has a built-in isekai premise, the player characters are all members of a Special Government Team (run by FEMA) that cleans up weird incidents ... like a public library suddenly becoming an entrance to a dangerous ancient city where a god is captured.
Jan 24, 2023 3:26 pm
Sounds like a cool idea, and Turbo Breakers seems pretty easy to learn. I'd be interested.
Last edited January 24, 2023 3:26 pm
Jan 24, 2023 3:26 pm
It seems like we have enough interest to the point where it would be worthwhile for me to make a custom character sheet ...
Jan 24, 2023 3:31 pm
tibbius says:
LightOfMidnight says:
I think we're settling into Turbo: Breakers as the rules. The game has a built-in isekai premise, the player characters are all members of a Special Government Team (run by FEMA) that cleans up weird incidents ... like a public library suddenly becoming an entrance to a dangerous ancient city where a god is captured.
Sounds good, definitely interested!
Jan 25, 2023 5:34 am
Love Breakers! Swamped with work and life and games and responsibilities, though. No more new stuff for me right now...
Jan 25, 2023 2:28 pm
Never heard of Turbo Breakers, but it does look like a lot of fun. I'd like to join the fun if you still have room.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.