Ch 4 : Dark Fey Inquiries

Feb 25, 2023 3:47 pm
Everyone starts the next adventure with an Inspiration point
Feb 25, 2023 3:47 pm
[ +- ] Choose your own adventure
Feb 25, 2023 5:48 pm
Looking over the board you decide a little investigative work wild be a nice break from the incessant fighting that has been ongoing with the orcs and Hobgoblins.

Several inquiries into this have already been initiated by various scouts but the investigation has not gone to the source of the problem, the dark fey, and it remains an annoyance
Feb 25, 2023 6:24 pm
Since Larynda is worried about her companion "investigation methods", I would like to know how much she could recall the lore about what happens to dark fey if they are killed in this reality? Is it even possible to?
OOC:
While Larynda is not proficient in any Int based skill, the particular skill does not matter here

Rolls

Larynda: Intelligence check (any) - (1d20-1)

(20) - 1 = 19

Feb 25, 2023 6:59 pm
The elves were one of the people closest to Fey in the Dawn age and retain much of the lore pertaining to them. The fey are mortal spirits with most having physical forms. They die as any other mortal creature. However they many age much slower, all are resistant to many diseases and other afflictions common to simple beasts and the people. There are several Fey that are resistant to mortal attacks. When Fey die their soul is not collected by any god, devil, or deity but returns to the energy of the world. Some fey have lived since the beginning of the Mortal Realm, as have some dragons, and these are looked to with reverence. The Fey's wild nature causes them to disdain any form of organization but they are often territorial and respect wisdom and power. This often leads to the Fey revering, listening, or even obeying, those older, wiser, more powerful entities. As the Fey and Dragons were the first sentient races in the Mortal Realm they have a mutual respect and understanding that most of the People do not know and fail to recognize or follow. The elves have a deeper understanding of many. Dwarves and gnomes know and respect most Fey that live in and have power over the depths of the earth. Forest gnomes and halflings are respectful and familiar with the peaceful fey of their region but do not go out of their way to befriend or learn about them. The drow maintain much lore on the Fey but have drifted away from their ancestral collaboration and cohabitation with Fey.
OOC:
I added a quest journal to the Handout with some information and links to the party history with the dark fey
Feb 25, 2023 8:02 pm
Stryker shares that he was working on the issue with Fey prior to this incident with the Orcs,

"Up to now the Fey have not harmed anyone, at least as far as we know. They simply seem to be interested in stealing items from the Mage Fiznik and Myreana the Archaeologist. Only recently have the thefts been noticed, so its unknown how long this has been going on or what was previously stolen."

"The things stolen tend to be related to the ruins, artifacts and research notes mostly, however apart from that there is no common theme to what is being stolen or why."

"The Fey that have been willing to speak with about the matter have no idea why these things are being stolen but have promised to bring this up with the others. Nothing has come of this so far."

"The Grippli Shaman may know more…I was speaking with her right before I went looking for you. You can thank her by the way. Somehow she knew you were in trouble and she sent the hunters."
Feb 25, 2023 9:54 pm
During your down day a quick trip to the Infinite Tower can be done in a couple of hours. Danoll has patrolled the northern shore and not encountered hobgoblins near the tower. They patrol the area west of it and do get close. So as long as your are quick and careful you should be able to get on and out without conflict.
OOC:
let me know who wants to do this and we can run a quick side session if needed
Feb 25, 2023 10:01 pm
OOC:
What exactly is the infinite tower? I saw a bit on the handout but it was pretty vague
Feb 26, 2023 12:31 am
OOC:
Nash will trek to the tower. He needs another wire-wrapped glass bauble to contact Dasyra with.

He also intends to see if he can get his armor replaced.
Last edited February 26, 2023 12:33 am
Feb 26, 2023 12:50 am
Jax and Klim will trek to the tower as well hoping to potentially replace some of the gear they lost.
Feb 26, 2023 6:45 am
Larynda follow up on Stryker's info speaking with passion: Fey have not harmed anyone and nor shall we harm fey. By the way - what you humans call it stealing? Did we steal items from Orcs yesterday? And we quite harmed quite a few of them, not to mention taking their lives! Besides in contrast to man greed is hardly the reason for Dark Fey taking possession of over items discovered in Shattered Lands.
So I would insist we don't harm them and we respect them when talking. As a matter of fact I would prefer to do all the talking.

Still before moving out Larynda meet artificers to improve her longbow into longbow +1. We are finally on a mission to probably earn some money

Valpip

Psybermagi

Feb 26, 2023 1:24 pm
Valpip
The artifice is all to happy to help and after asking for 50 gold for the first half week he takes the bow. Several minutes later he returns the, now temporarily enchanted, bow to Larynda.
Mar 1, 2023 1:43 pm
OOC:
Any more questions for peolpe in town or if you want to set out where would you like to go first?
Mar 1, 2023 7:02 pm
OOC:
No questions, carry on.
Last edited March 1, 2023 7:03 pm
Mar 1, 2023 7:37 pm
OOC:
Since coin wasn't listed as missing/destroyed, I guess Nash still has cash on him... purchasing a shield before setting out.

Otherwise, no questions.
Mar 1, 2023 8:48 pm
OOC:
All coin was taken. Only mundane great the orcs tossed aside was recovered. The orc pack had some coin now in the cache
Mar 1, 2023 8:48 pm
OOC:
All coin was taken. Only mundane great the orcs tossed aside was recovered. The orc pack had some coin now in the cache
Mar 1, 2023 9:02 pm
Psybermagi says:
where would you like to go first?
Is this even a question? We must start with grippli and their swam, shouldn't we?

Also may I ask if our PCs connects in any way Dark fey with something called "Shadow Crossing"
We may want anyone to put Granite Shadowfell Breastplate on due to
"The bearer knows the general direction to the closest Shadow Crossing within a 60 mile radius"
Mar 1, 2023 9:39 pm
OOC:
Well then, I'm spending 100sp from the group treasure to pay for a 10gp shield.
Mar 2, 2023 2:07 am
The next day the party heads out after a good meal. The pathe to the grippli shaman is easily followed and you reach to mound, think beaver lodge covered in mud, quickly. The doorway stands open and fumes waft out of the doorway.
Anouncing yourselves you are all invited inside. As you enter the mound you see it one large room. In the middle of the room is a small fire with a pot gently bubbling. The stream from the pot of a bit sweet. The single large room that fills the mind is full of a wide variety of items.
OOC:
Con save please DC 12
Anyone who want to investigate the interior can roll any/all of Nature, Arcane, and Religion they are proficient with. Those without proficiency roll with disadvantage dur to the obscure nature of the shamans collection.
Stryker spots his previously discarded items in a neat pie to one side. Across the room sitting on a mat is an old gripli
Guflis
Good Morning! I see you found them.
The hunters brought back my pet and explained what happend. Sounds like those orcs can be tough. I am glad it all worked out though.
and a extremely wide grin fills her face. Are you here for information about the fey? That one nodding at Stryker was asking about them bfore I had to send him off to save your buts. Good thing so many are paying attention to you or I might not have found out until it was too late.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.