Happy International Game Master's Day!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 4, 2023 7:58 am
A big 'thank you' to all game masters out there! Especially mine.
Know that you are appreciated, and the only reason we don't tell you more often, is because it's not what our character would do
Mar 4, 2023 8:06 am
There's a holiday for everything 😅

Thank you to all my GMs! I would tag you but if I start that, others will follow and we will all end up with dozens of pings on our front pages and nobody wants that. Thanks for not killing me (or, if you have killed me, thanks for that, I guess)
Mar 4, 2023 9:26 am
Yay a day to feel special! Thanks to all my GMs for their time and effort!
Mar 4, 2023 10:54 am
Thank you to all my GM's past, present, and future. Your hard work and effort help make GP the amazing site that it is.
Mar 4, 2023 11:15 am
Thank you to all the DM's, GMs, Storytellers and Narrators I've had the pleasure to play with.
Mar 4, 2023 12:41 pm
thanks to all Game Masters, you make our stories engaging and fun!

(and to the Forever Players out there: take the leap into GMing, it's great! 😅 )
Mar 4, 2023 2:20 pm
Dr_B says:
(and to the Forever Players out there: take the leap into GMing, it's great! 😅 )
That's just cruel.

Don't believe Dr_B.

GMing is a tragedy of unrequited love. Your game will never love you back, not the way that you love it.

"Babe! This time it'll be different. C'mon babe, we'll be epic!" it pleads, but it's lying. It's always lying.

You know GMing that game is an abusive relationship, but you still can't stop thinking, daydreaming and obsessing about it. Sure, you know the stats - most games drift apart into occasional grunted posts to keep up the pretence of an ongoing relationship for the sake of the players, but you won't care. You'll believe that this is the one. It isn't.

Players, my advice? Don't GM. Eat ice cream instead.
Mar 4, 2023 2:41 pm
Is there an RPG group equivalent of couple's councelling? Because I think Adam needs it.

The real pro-tip is to play GM-less and get everyone equally involved
Mar 4, 2023 2:55 pm
Get a rules lawyer to fight for custody of the players.

I'd say that the game can have them on weekends, but they'd never see each other.
Mar 4, 2023 3:27 pm
GMing has its own rewards, but the cost in time (and occasional frustration) can be high.

Thank you to all the GMs who have taken a chance on me, and donate their time so eagerly, you're the very best of people!
Mar 5, 2023 3:32 am
I don't think I even knew there was a GM's Day. Very cool! Thanks to all the cool GMs here and elsewhere for making this hobby what it is!

Len

Mar 5, 2023 3:45 am
Happy GM Day to all the DMs, GMs, referees, judges, storytellers, story keepers, game controllers, narrators, castle keepers, directors, and Hollyhock Gods here on GP! (Among others)

Have a great TPK!
Mar 5, 2023 3:50 am
Len says:
Have a great TPK!
Don't mind if I do!
Mar 5, 2023 12:30 pm
Len says:

Have a great TPK!
Working on it :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.