Hi!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 30, 2016 11:53 am
Hi Everyone,

I'm brand new to PbP, but have been back into DnD for about a year now, after several decades' hiatus. I play with a couple of groups in 5e, but we don't meet often enough because of life and being old. In my second group we take turns DMing, which has been tremendous fun.

I'm pretty good with the 5e system now, and could probably play most types of character, but my favorite are rogues, bards, and druids.

Since it's my first time here, I'd like to start with playing until I get familiar with the system, but would be open to DMing in the future.

I can promise to make good contributions, but regularity may be a problem due to job and young kids. Once a day for sure, but more would be difficult.

What else? I'm a podcase addict ever since I got back into DnD. I love DM's Block, Critical Success, Godsfall, and Sneak Attack.
Jul 30, 2016 12:06 pm
Also forgot to say, I'm interested in learning other games, in particular DungeonWorld and Star Wars FFG
Jul 30, 2016 12:35 pm
Hi marithyme, and welcome. Glad to have another old timer on board (kids these days, with their hips and their hops and their polkaman). Not that you're old or I'm old or... Hey, is that Zsa Zsa!?

Check out Forums->Guides One of the threads is for new comers to GP, and has some valuable info on how the site works.
Jul 30, 2016 12:37 pm
Welcome onboard! I'm sure you'll be able to find something to amuse you. As a fellow godsfall fan I will be running a game from their worldbook as soon as I get my hands on it...
Last edited July 30, 2016 12:37 pm
Jul 30, 2016 1:41 pm
Welcome marithyme! First, I believe Qralloq was referencing out New Player's Guide. Lot's of good stuff to get you started.

That said, don't fret about time. The nice thing about PbP, you play on your schedule. As long as your GM knows what to expect, no issues! That said, DnD is pretty popular right now, and I've been wondering if/how to introduce Organized Play onto GP. And Other systems are also abound, so you'll definitely be able to expand when you want.
Jul 30, 2016 4:19 pm
Welcome! Don't worry about your post frequence : one time a day is the best a gm can expect from a group.
Jul 30, 2016 4:49 pm
Welcome!
Jul 30, 2016 5:55 pm
Glad to have you onboard!
Jul 30, 2016 11:46 pm
Thanks, everyone! Now if I can only find a game... :)
Jul 30, 2016 11:47 pm
Genisisect says:
Welcome onboard! I'm sure you'll be able to find something to amuse you. As a fellow godsfall fan I will be running a game from their worldbook as soon as I get my hands on it...
Awesome! Count me in. I think Aram is sending out the books around January?
Aug 1, 2016 5:25 pm
Welcome to the site. Enjoy all the fun roleplaying that is to have here
Aug 1, 2016 5:48 pm
Welcome to GP! Happy gaming!
Aug 1, 2016 6:26 pm
Hello and welcome.
Aug 2, 2016 12:49 pm
Welcome!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.