NPC Repository

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 18, 2023 5:54 pm
I'm running a SWADE campaign that began life as a d20 Modern game and we switched over to SWADE (mostly because I, the GM, like SW better). The game is set in New York City and follows the adventures of a group of people who work for the mysterious Department 7, an agency that officially does not exist. Department 7's stated mission is to defend the world from incursion by evil creatures of Shadow and to protect the public from finding out that these creatures walk among them.

To most people, beings of Shadow appear as something that is explainable. You didn't really see a werewolf; that guy was just really hairy. There is no way that person cast a fireball, it was a gas main exploding nearby. The heroes were recruited because they had direct supernatural experiences that piqued their curiosity and opened their eyes to the goings-on around them.

Anyway, as the campaign has developed (we've been playing for about five years), I've come up with some interesting Wild Cards and extras for the campaign that I would be willing to share if anyone is interested. You are free to use them in your own campaigns if you like them. I thought that we could expand the idea and it doesn't have to be limited to Savage Worlds. We could maybe set up a forum that is subdivided by game system that would allow people to share their creations that they are willing to let others use in their own campaigns. Is this something that people might be interested in?
Mar 18, 2023 6:14 pm
I think that's what the character sheet library was supposed to be but what it is doing a pretty bad job at.

I think it's a nice idea. I don't think I would personally use it much but especially for GMs running more rules-heavy games, this seems like it could be a helpful resource. And if nothing else, at least it'd be a place to show off fun NPCs
Mar 18, 2023 7:40 pm
I would be interested in something like this. For sure:) As GW wonnabe :)
bowlofspinach says:
I think that's what the character sheet library was supposed to be but what it is doing a pretty bad job at.
Why? It was very helpful for me and I check it when starting my every custom game? What is wrong with it?
Mar 18, 2023 7:44 pm
Well, for one, I didn't know it even existed as a browsable thing until about three years after I joined 😅

It's just a huge, mostly unsorted list of sheets named by whatever convention the person who created it likes to use. I guess I don't really have a need for fully created characters, so that's why I never felt a need to familiarize myself with it. Maybe if that was something I was looking for, with some practice, I could find useful things in there.
Mar 18, 2023 7:50 pm
The Character Sheet Library is for GMs who are running games that don't have sheets in the drop down so that you can share the work of people who created sheets for the games. . . it's pretty important as a thing to let games that aren't "supported" be played on the platform.

A thread with fully created NPCs would be something else entirely.
Mar 18, 2023 7:56 pm
Oh, I believe we're talking about different things. You're talking about the Public Repository of Custom Games Sheets. I'm talking about the Character Library.
Mar 18, 2023 8:02 pm
Ah, yeah, fair enough I am talking about the other one.
Mar 18, 2023 8:03 pm
Yes. I was talking about repository. Those public players’ characters database is indeed not so useful, only as some examples of how ready PC sheets could look on platform.
And I thought that OP was talking about repository of NPCs - that would be cool. Was he?
Mar 18, 2023 8:10 pm
There are also NPC sheets that Adam created. They're a kind of sheet you can add to a game that is filled with NPC avatars all ready for you to use.

See here
Mar 18, 2023 11:09 pm
Yes, I was talking about a forum with threads for various game systems that provided ready-made NPCs for GMs who would like to use them (or just people who might be interested in seeing how a game system's characters look). I know that for me, I like to see the character sheets before I buy into a game system to get an idea of what I'm looking into. Of course, I usually end up buying it anyway, but that's another story.
Mar 18, 2023 11:11 pm
Qralloq says:
There are also NPC sheets that Adam created. They're a kind of sheet you can add to a game that is filled with NPC avatars all ready for you to use.

See here
I knew about the pictures, but I was not aware that he had entire NPCs in there for public use. Very interesting.
Mar 18, 2023 11:29 pm
While we're on the subject of the Character Library, I've brought this up several times in different games. I would like to see a Campaign View for members of a Campaign, so that everyone in a game can see each other's sheets, without it being public for everyone and casual passerby to copy and use as their own.

This is a feature that some of the pbp sites I have used in the past have.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.