Mutant Chronicles 3

Aug 1, 2016 2:01 am
I downloaded and read through the quickstart pdf for this game today. It's... different. I can't say I've ever played a game quite like it. The rule system is unique, a roll-under system that generates successes and the setting is an interesting mix of dark horror, brutal action and something else I can't put my finger on.

Does anyone have experience with this game? I'm thinking about giving the quickstart a try and curious about people's opinions.
Aug 5, 2016 2:36 am
I love mashup genres, and used to really like Mutant Chronicles. Fun/silly novels and adequate minis (used them as 40K models on the cheap) plus a cool setting that I always thought of as a combination of Hellblazer and Shadowrun.

I haven't played Mutant Chronicles in any substantial way since playing the old board game Siege of the Citadel, but I always liked the sort of Doom meets dieselpunk aesthetic. Thomas Jane and Sean Pertwee were in a pretty fun (not great, but fun) ensemble cast Mutant Chronicles movie with Ron Perlman (shocker!), among others.

I will say that I really expected Modiphius to drop the ball because they were juggling so many IPs, but they seem to have their stuff together. If I weren't so poor, I'd pick the game up just to read it with a vague hope of wrangling my friends into it, because most of them have experience with the old product as well.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.