Roll visibility options

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 2, 2016 8:09 am
Dumb question: Can someone describe to me in detail what the players will see if I choose each visibility option? Hide Nothing is obvious of course, but the other two? As a player I've seen GM posts with Secret Roll in the rolls section but never anything I imagine those other two visibility options might result in. Thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/gJZsQb9.jpg
Last edited August 2, 2016 8:11 am
Aug 2, 2016 11:35 am
If you select Hide Roll/Result, the players will see what dice you roll, but not the result of the roll. Eg, the reason and the dice (1d100).

If you select Hide Dice & Roll, the player will see the reason only.
Aug 2, 2016 12:32 pm
Oh I never noticed the "hide everything" option, that's interesting. There might have been more rolls going on than I thought!
Aug 2, 2016 12:47 pm
This confused me as well, but now that it has been explained I can see the logic. Maybe changing the second one from "Hide Roll/Result" to just "Hide Result" or even "Hide Result of Roll" would make it more intuitive? Or am I still getting the wrong end of the stick?
Aug 2, 2016 1:22 pm
Sure, we can figure out better language. It's hide roll/result because I thought if I just wrote Result, people might think just the final math and not the individual dice, the "roll". Am I overthinking it?
Aug 2, 2016 1:29 pm
Perhaps I should include the explanation of each option in my New Player Guide?
Aug 2, 2016 1:35 pm
That'd be great! We can take some screen shots of how each result looks to a player maybe?
Aug 2, 2016 1:48 pm
So with Hide Everything the players see nothing? A pity...I was trying to freak my players out with fake rolls LOL!

Thanks for the clarifications, Ro!
Aug 2, 2016 4:05 pm
It'll still show that a roll happened, but won't say anything about it! One of it's major purposes is to freak out!
Aug 2, 2016 4:32 pm
Excellent! /rubshandstogether

You do not have permission to post in this thread.