Hello people!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 3, 2016 7:01 pm
Hey there! I'm quite new to the world of PbP and D&D in general, with PbP really being my only option right now as a new player with no one I know nearby playing, not to mention being strapped for time to play sessions. So far I'm mainly doing 5E, though if I ever manage to figure out the great complexity that is Pathfinder I might try that as well. I've been trying out other PbP sites with not much luck (being a newbie really doesn't help in applying for games when you're lost in the sea of people that actually know what they're doing and usually pouncing on game ads before you even find the ad), so I'm testing the waters here. Admittedly I'm slightly afraid of being lost in the crowd again.
D&D aside, I'm an anime and game nerd (particularly JRPGSs), as well as being into learning computer science, that being my major.
Aug 3, 2016 7:04 pm
Welcome! This should be a perfect fit for you. A lot of the DMs here have actually taken it upon themselves to give preference to new players rather than those of us that are in a bunch of games, so you should be able to find something.

To learn the basics of the site, you should visit the New Player Guide :)
Aug 3, 2016 7:06 pm
Welcome! Being new to RPG isn't a problem. One of the advantage of play by post is that you have the time to check the rules before when it's your turn.
Aug 3, 2016 7:09 pm
Welcome!
Aug 3, 2016 7:34 pm
Welcome awkwardparakeet! I can almost guarantee you won't get lost in any crowds where. Unlike other PbP sites, GP focuses on the community first, and use that to drive games. I'm sure you'll find something you enjoy, and we're actually talking about starting up organized play games of Pathfinder Society right now, which could be a great way to get you started into Pathfinder! They have a lot of official pregen characters, and if you find yourself at a convention, you can keep playing those characters!

Regardless of what you join, if you find yourself feeling lost or unsure of where to go, start up a thread, or PM/email me directly and I'll see what we can do to make you feel more comfortable here!
Aug 3, 2016 7:43 pm
Welcome to the site! Happy gaming! :-)
Aug 3, 2016 10:02 pm
Welcome! I can almost guarantee you want get "lost in the crowd" as you say; this site has a very good atmosphere for new players, be they new to PbP, RPGs or just the site. Aside, I also play 5e, and I'm currently looking for another game at the moment, the Princes of the Apocalypse module specifically. I'm just waiting on finding a DM, but I'll try and keep you posted if one comes up. Do enjoy!
Aug 4, 2016 6:07 pm
I know you said you were looking for mainly 5e, but hoping to learn Pathfinder. I just started up a Pathfinder game that's going to start at level 1 and continue from there through several modules if you'd like a safe place to learn!

Here is the link if you want to apply!
Aug 4, 2016 6:57 pm
Welcome, awkwardparakeet! Gamersplane provides a great intro to roleplaying, me thinks. Many of us use it to try new games we've never played, and so no one really expects anyone to be familiar with everything - when they do, it's specified, in my experience.
Aug 4, 2016 7:49 pm
Tweet tweet #welcometogamersplane
Aug 5, 2016 1:51 pm
Greetings Sir Parakeet and welcome to The Gamers Plane!
Aug 5, 2016 10:52 pm
Hi and welcome! Most of my play is pbp or online -- no local players near me either.
Aug 9, 2016 8:47 am
Welcome! Hope you find a home here like we all have :)
Aug 20, 2016 2:01 pm
Welcome to GP :)
Aug 21, 2016 3:05 pm
Hello and welcome.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.