Multiple characters?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 23, 2023 6:59 pm
Ok, this is probably a stupid question but...

As GM, how do you set up multiple characters to post as? I have two submitted characters, but only one shows up in the dropdown.
Apr 23, 2023 7:02 pm
Both should show up in the dropdown. Does the second sheet have the name field filled out?

Alternatively, if you're expecting to be using a lot of NPCs, the npc-tag might be the better option.
[npc="Character Name"]ImageURL[/npc]
If you set "Post As" to "Player" and only include one such NPC tag, it will show up as if posting as a submitted character.
Apr 23, 2023 7:05 pm
It does have a name, yes. But only one shows up.

Actually, all of my player's characters show up in my dropdown, but only one of my two submitted characters shows up.
Apr 23, 2023 7:11 pm
Hm, since you're the GM it can't be an issue of the sheet not being accepted into the game yet. Does the sheet that's not in the dropdown show up in the characters tab in the red bar at the bottom?

Which game is it? Can you link it (and make both character sheets public so I can take a look at those)? If you're sure the name field is filled out, I can't think of another possible issue right now.
Apr 23, 2023 7:13 pm
So I just looked... the character bar at the bottom shows the pen and ink icon for two characters, but the first name isn't there?
Apr 23, 2023 7:15 pm
https://gamersplane.com/forums/9904/
Apr 23, 2023 7:18 pm
Weird. I removed the character, resubmitted the character, and seems to work fine now. 🤷

Thanks for the help, Bowl. I dunno what caused it, but it seems like it's fixed now? Got lucky I guess.
Apr 23, 2023 7:20 pm
Your character sheets aren't public, so I can't check them but if the name isn't there, that reinforces my suggestion that you haven't entered anything into the name field on the sheet (not the label for the sheet, but the character name when you have the sheet open). Maybe check that again. It's possible it didn't save maybe.

Although I see both names in the red character bar

Well, as logn as it's fixed now. Glad I could (not really, but still) help

You do not have permission to post in this thread.