How do I Internet on GP?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 6, 2016 3:31 pm
Hi y'all, I'm new to GP. I am posting here instead of the intro forum because I had a couple specific questions.

1) Is there a search function for the forums? I didn't know if my next few questions have already been answered.

2) Can you navigate straight to the campaign forum from the GP home page short of a bookmark, desktop link, or memorizing the address? I'm not sure how the forum moves up and down through the Game Forum list, but it would be nice not to have to hunt it down.

3) Is there a link from the game description page to the campaign forum that I'm just not seeing? If I wanted to put the link to the forum on the game description page, is there a way to make the link live like you can in a message or forum post?

4) Is there a good resource for creating character sheet templates? My game isn't one of the pre-made sheets, and I'd like to provide something to the players, but I know nothing about html code.

5) What does subscribing to a game do? I thought it would give me a link to that game, or maybe there would be a list of subscribed games in my profile, so I am missing something.

I know it's GenCon weekend, so double thanks for taking the time to answer!
Last edited August 6, 2016 3:33 pm
Aug 6, 2016 3:48 pm
In game forums, click a green button so it's red and only shows your games. That will help.

If you click games on the upper bar, it will show your games. Click a game your in, and at the very bottom of the screen is a link to the forum.

I don't think there is a search. Other than goggle site:Gamersplane.com ...

Subscribing you a game just gives you updates in your news feed when new posts are made.

Lastly, I don't think the custom character sheets take any kind of html. Straight text. As demand occurs, Keleth may add premade sheets to the site for your game system.
Last edited August 6, 2016 4:01 pm
Aug 6, 2016 5:31 pm
A search function would be nice though.
Aug 8, 2016 3:57 pm
Keleth has mentioned, I believe, one day adding the same parser that we use in game texts to the custom sheets...but I'm not 100% certain I'd trust my memory on that one. I'd love a search function, though. It'd make life so much easier.
Aug 8, 2016 4:25 pm
Qralloq says:
In game forums, click a green button so it's red and only shows your games. That will help.

If you click games on the upper bar, it will show your games. Click a game your in, and at the very bottom of the screen is a link to the forum.
Thanks Qralloq, that was helpful! I don't know how I missed the link in the footer bar...
Qralloq says:
I don't think there is a search. Other than goggle site:Gamersplane.com ...

Subscribing you a game just gives you updates in your news feed when new posts are made.

Lastly, I don't think the custom character sheets take any kind of html. Straight text. As demand occurs, Keleth may add premade sheets to the site for your game system.
3 and 5 are bummers. Ah well. Where is the news feed? Or is it just email notifications?
Aug 8, 2016 4:46 pm
That's the emails, yup, and the front page (Gamersplane.com), as well as the list when you click Forums.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.