Question about a character sheet?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 9, 2023 3:47 am
All of my questions seem to come from the fact I don't know much of anything about coding.

Go figure.

Anywho... I was wondering if someone had the code for the World of Darkness sheet? I was looking to make some adjustments.
May 9, 2023 3:57 am
What I found were these two sheets for two versions of Vampire:
[ +- ] Vampire: The Masquerade 5th edition
[ +- ] Vampire: The Masquerade (V20) 1.1
If one of those is what you're looking for, you can just quote my comment to get to the code or make a new character sheet with one of them and then just edit it there
May 9, 2023 4:17 am
I saw those, but it's a different version of the system.

If you create a new character, it's listed as "World of Darkness" on the drop down menu. But because it isn't an advanced sheet, it doesn't seem to give you the option to alter the code... just fill it in.
May 9, 2023 4:24 am
Oh, you mean not a custom sheet but the built-in one. There's no way to edit those, I'm afraid.
May 9, 2023 4:33 am
That's why I was wondering if any of the admin or someone had/could access the code.

I mean, obviously it was programmed at some point. I'm not good enough to build a sheet from the ground up, but I can edit a sheet well enough to turn it into a custom sheet.
Last edited May 9, 2023 4:33 am
May 9, 2023 4:39 am
I assume the built-in sheets might not be running on the same code as the custom ones. The only one who has access to that kind of stuff would be @Keleth, so I'll just summon him. But I don't think it'll be possible.
Maybe you can work with one of the custom Vampire sheets as a basis?
May 9, 2023 5:41 am
I'm pretty sure the GP supported sheets are made with javascript and css which are much more difficult than the custom sheet codes. I can help you with any questions if you want to mod one of the vampire sheets bowl posted.
May 9, 2023 6:17 am
I think this is the raw code for the WOD sheet on GitHub: HERE

I think you'd need to modify it and then submit a pull request on GitHub. People have done that before, but I think the turn around could be awhile because the new code would need to be tested to make sure it doesn't crash the site. There might be some bugs that need to be ironed out and then it would eventually be added during a site update.

Since the advanced BBCode for custom sheets was created, people tend to make new sheets that way because most character sheet features are possible using the BBCode and you don't need to wait for anyone to test the code and update the site.
May 9, 2023 12:32 pm
Yeah, like Chalry said, those kinds of sheets are no longer added/made afaik. Best thing to do is create a BBCode one.
If you need any help, I'm sure a bunch of us would be happy to help out. :)
May 9, 2023 3:18 pm
I see... well, thank you all for the information.

Nezz, I appreciate the offer. I know the sheets were pretty different between versions of the game, so let me see just how much would need to be altered.
May 9, 2023 11:16 pm
Ok sounds good.
May 10, 2023 6:52 am
@MaJunior

I created a WoD custom sheet that has a similar layout and aesthetic as the built-in sheet:
[ +- ] Screenshot
Here's the code:
[ +- ] WoD similar to Built-In Sheet
Hack away! Let us know if you have any questions.
May 10, 2023 10:03 am
Nice work, looks very similar!
May 10, 2023 12:48 pm
@Chalrytharendir That's fantastic! Thank you so much!
May 12, 2023 1:18 am
Ok. So I took the amazing sheet Chalrytharendir created, and made some minor adjustments (strictly so a template could be used with the sheet).

It isn't perfect, but... how do we upload it so anyone else who wants to use it can?
May 12, 2023 2:18 am
Awesome! Glad it was helpful for you.

Post it in the repository of custom sheets thread: HERE.

Wrap the text from the custom character sheet in a
[snippet][/snippet]
tag for it to show up in the dropdown menu of templates when someone creates a new custom character.

Or wrap the text from the custom character sheet in a
[charsheet][/charsheet]
tag to let people click to create a character using the code.

Or do both, so both options are available.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.