No linking to other PbP sites

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 12, 2015 6:46 pm
I'm really grateful of the growth GP has gotten recently, specially thanks to the RPG Academy. In fact, the growth has gone faster than I anticipated, and thus the necessary features any active site may need, such as a clear list of rules, are not all in place. I guess because its the sort of person I am, I never imagined certain things happening; one of them being someone creating a game, creating a subforum, and then a post in there linking out to rpol.net.

I like the other PbP sites. They inspired me to create the site, and they're my competition, which means I need them to help keep making GP better. And I have no desire to shut down other's gaming; not everyone plays the same, in the same place, and I want everyone to have fun. However, they are my competition, and creating a game just to link to them is bad form.

So I'm gonna have to come up with a semi-exhaustive set of rules, and just determine that I have final say over anything on the site. One of these rules will have to be "No links to the games on other play-by-post sites." I don't wanna say no linking to other PbP sites, because like I said, I like healthy competition. But I've avoided going to their sites and external thread to promote GP, because that's in bad taste. Likewise, I'll have none of that here.
Feb 12, 2015 7:12 pm
Basically, if your only reason here is to post that you want people to join you on another site, that's not cool.

It's not so much 'don't tell us other cool places' really, as much as it's "don't buy food at McDonalds and then go eat it in Burger King" - unless it's at a food court, that's ok.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.