Vampire the Requiem

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedWorld of DarknessPrivate3 / dayMaJunior
A solo game that will crossover with -- and possibly merge with -- my NWoD game down the line.

Starting in the 1970s, the game will roleplay out your embrace, and then focus on "snapshots in time" where we see how you've changed, grown, or stangnated. Eventually, we'll reach the present night. That's when the crossover (and possible merge) with my NWoD game will happen.

May 19, 2023 2:45 pm
Alright... I'm thinking of one more game to run. This one is a little different though, so let's see if this works for you as a player.

I want to run this as a 1 on 1 game (at least initially).

At some point, it may crossover or even merge with my NWoD game. How that plays out will depend on a couple of factors, primarily how players in both games feel about it. But it's a possibility.

You can be new to the system, I don't mind helping you cut your fangs teeth.

As a 1 on 1 game, I'd like it to be relatively fast paced. We all have days where work goes long, we study for a test, life happens. That's understood. Ideally, I'd like to average about 3 posts a day. (To that end, not every post needs to be a short story in and of itself. Some will end up being just a bit of dialogue, or a reaction, or maybe even just a roll so I know how things play out.)

There will be objectionable material.

Same as my other NWoD game, there are monsters in the shadows. (Hell, as a Vampire you sort of are one!) Bad people do bad things. You might not, clinging to your humanity and sanity, but bad will happen around you.

Any takers?
May 19, 2023 4:56 pm
Hey there. I might be interested. However, I have only played VtM v5 games and never any VtR games. Not sure how the lore or learning curve is different on that. But color me interested. I would be even more interested if it did eventually cross over into a bigger game, etc.

how long do you anticipate this 1 on 1 will last? 3 long posts a day might stretch it for me, but if some are dialogue-based and shorter that shouldn't be an issue.. Can you talk more about the setting this takes place?
May 19, 2023 6:06 pm
If you want to do 1 on 1 with multiple posts per day you might want to talk about timezones and when people can post, else someone might be able to post multiple times a day but have nothing to respond to because the other player can post multiple times a day but only when you are asleep or at work. Just a thought.
May 19, 2023 6:59 pm
@failedreality Well, lore for the NWoD setting was largely done away with. No one is sure how vampires came to be, and all vampires of age are drawn to torpor. While they are torpored they suffer nonsensical dreams or visions, and the short version is, you can't be sure they remember the truth.

Tl;DR: Lore isn't really a thing.

As for how long the 1 on 1 game may last... I'm guessing 2-3 months. (Depends some on the other game though. May be more like a month?) After that... depends how it plays out and if games merge.

@vagueGM Not a bad idea. I wasn't super worried, because it's rare I get a full night of sleep and I'm usually around... but I'm currently PDT (-7 GMT).
May 22, 2023 11:45 am
I'm in. I haven't played VtM since the early 90's, So I will need the refresher... What I remember most and loved about it where the advantages versus the disadvantages, and the blood points I think they were called. Im -5 UTC, Eastern (Florida USA), but unless it's a really bad day at work I'm good for four to eight posts a day... So if our time zones are off by a few hours it should hit the mark perfectly.
May 23, 2023 2:58 am
Works for me. I can send over an invite and we can start talking shop.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.