Episode 1.0 - The Festival of Great Trade

Feb 14, 2015 1:23 am
(OOC: If you haven't read this post, ensure you read it before you reply.)

Dawn came to Svivren with a rosy glow from the hills behind the Wrils Spaceport. With it came the morning breeze that stirred the countryside to life. It looked like it would be a beautiful, early summer day—perfect for the Festival of Great Trade.

Preparations for the festival took days, weeks even. They reconfigured holoprojectors to project decorations throughout the city. Giant banners were hauled out of storage and suspended across the speedways. Cargo speeders had been appropriated and refitted as parade floats. And everyone even remotely involved in trade on the entire planet would be on holiday today.

Smugglers tended to avoid Svivren because of their draconian laws against violence and personal weapons. If a being was caught committing a violent crime they would be executed, immediately, in public for the act. If suspected only, they would probably be executed at the end of their court case. For a smuggler to do business on Svivren involved calculated risks, and low competition. But that just meant more business for the few smugglers that understood how to conduct their trade on Svivren. And for those gutsy few, the rewards were usually worth the risks.

All at once the festival began. The populace erupted from their dwellings as the holoprojectors kicked in, and festive music began to play. It was Svivren at its busiest. Just to add to the chaos, ships from nearby sectors arrived to disgorge their wares in hopes that they too might make a windfall during the festival. The marketplace practically spanned all through the capital of Wrils, but especially from the spaceport to the business district almost 3 kilometers away. Stalls lined the streets, and the crowd was so numerous it was impossible for speeders to stay on the ground. Two klicks to the north of Wrils the parade was organized and began winding its way through the streets, and the skies.
Feb 14, 2015 4:25 pm
Rexi smiled at the throngs milling about in the street, dressed in their festival finery, relaxed and enjoying the atmosphere. So many suckers, so little time he thought to himself, smile widening as he caught sight of the mark. The water-fat Twi'lek was dressed in silks and surrounded by three gorgeous young women as he made his way down the boulevard. Rexi made a mental note that none of them appeared to be armed before flipping open his comm and calling his partner. "He's on the move, Calli. I'll keep him busy, you get the stuff from his safe. If you think you can handle a simple second-story job, that is."

Without waiting for a reply, Rexi approached the fat tradesman. "Lors? Lors Tarr? Why I haven't seen you since that time on Lothal! You seem to be doing well for yourself! Here, let me buy you a drink and you can tell your old friend Rexi all about how an old tradesman like you managed to turn things around so quickly!"

((Edited to change post as))
Last edited February 15, 2015 6:43 pm
Feb 15, 2015 6:33 pm
Scowling at the comlink for hanging up on her again, Callista sighs as she clips it to her belt, next to where she normally stores her blaster. She felt more at ease here, weaponless, since it meant she wasn't going to get killed getting in or out.

She smiles to herself as she waits for the guards to complete their rounds, and sneaks in behind them, just out of sight.This better be worth it. If it's another wild gornt chase, so help me Rexi is going to pay dearly.
Feb 16, 2015 4:33 am
A man stands facing a wall of security monitors. He's just over six feet tall with dark hair and a tan complexion. He appears to be in his late thirties. His athletic silhouette is bolstered by several pieces of armor covered by a long, grey cloak draped over most of his body. The blue light from the monitors hits his face, revealing a network of scars that run across his visage. What little exposed skin there is on his body is also heavily scared with everything from burn marks to blade cuts. Motion sensors send an alert to one of the screens; someone has just walked through the main entrance. "Good, she's here." he mutters to himself as he pulls the thick hood over his face. Khan reaches behind his back and feels at the base of his neck where his brass knuckles are secured in a pocket underneath his cloak. Never know when things might get interesting. He then snaps off the armor plate on his left forearm to check that his holdout blaster is secured. After ensuring that it is sufficiently hidden, he replaces the armor. Khan then slings the stun-rifle issued by the Institute over his shoulder. The final action he takes before leaving the room is to pick up his Customs-issued lock case where he is required by Svivran law to keep his DLT-19 heavy blaster rifle for the duration of his stay on-world. It is secured with several external locks that he neither has the codes for nor the skill to disarm, but it was the only way they'd let him keep the gun with him, and there was not a snowballs chance on Mustafar that he was letting that thing out of his site. Stun-rifle over the shoulder and case in hand, he strides out of security, on his way to meet with Dr. Eliasan. He radios down to the lab as he walks, "Hey, Pepra, she's here. Time to get a move on. I want us out of here in the next twenty minutes." As the coms click off, he steps into the lobby where Eliasan is waiting. He whispers to himself, "I got a bad feeling about this."
Last edited February 16, 2015 4:35 am
Feb 20, 2015 11:44 pm
Pepra sighs as his comm comes to life. Busy scanning for "life" he thought he had found something interesting in the circuits running to the security system, but no time now to investigate.

Double checking that his own holdout blaster is hidden in his technician's jumpsuit, he stashes the scanner in his utility belt and makes his way for the rendezvous. Turning slowly back as he kills the lights to head for the lab, he can't shake the feeling that he was almost onto something.

"Oh well," he mumbles to himself, "guess it'll have to wait. The good doctor needs me for this project."

He keys the comm, "on my way - be there in two minutes..."
Feb 21, 2015 6:11 pm
[Previously]
Svivren. Why did it have to be Svivren? And why in blast would we need a spacedock? Have they no deserts, no hidden grottos? I swear by the Goddess that the so called 'Force' is out to get me.

The Turtle lowers into the spacedock of Svivren, rotating slightly on its vertical axis as the pilot pivots into a better position. Wuc'vulog, standing on the already lowered access ramp as the ship is touching down, jumps the final meter and strides confidently to the greasy Bothan waiting inside. Sliding credits to the dockmaster and sharing a joke at the Turtle's ungainly expense, Wuc'vulog secures the rent on the hangar bay with a comradely clap to the Bothans shoulder.

Wuc'vulog stands tall for a Twi'lek. His rich, green skin reflects the Svivren sun kindly. He is effectively shirtless, wearing a thin, gauze-like lace material. He sports form-fitting leggings, a utility belt, and his lekku hang over his shoulders, lightly tattooed with delicate linework.

After Callista and Rexi took off right away, to explore the local area and harass the locals no doubt, Wuc'vulog waits for Glen Rand to finish the landing sequence. He knows from past experience that Rand is thorough and cautious with the Ghtroc 720, at least in port. Wuc'vulog, leaning casually against the wall of the hangar, begins a friendly conversation of intrigue with the Bothan, trying to gather information on the other dockmasters, local bars, and other points of interest. He knows that the Bothan, if true to form, has probably gathered some useful information on many of his competitors.
Feb 23, 2015 4:01 am
While the others left the ship immediately, Rand of course stayed behind. He always stayed behind, everyone else had things to do and places to see - but Glen Rand was content with staying with his ship and dealing with getting the guns past customs. Besides, he sure as hell wasn't leaving anyone else alone with The Turtle, as far as Rand was concerned the ship was his baby and no one in the crew would make a very good babysitter. All that mattered to Rand right now was making sure his baby was safe and the guns found their way to the buyer, Lors Tarr. Rand chuckled to himself, for all he knew Rexi and Callie were already cheating him out of the money he was going to use to buy the blasters. Those two always found away to get themselves in trouble, and Rand didn't want a part of their thefts. Glen Rand may have been a smuggler, but he was an honest smuggler... For the most part.

Rand opened his own comm and sent a quick message to Rexi and Callie, "Hey guys, everything is ready here in the ship. Do what you want with Tarr, but let him know that we're ready for the rendezvous, and tell him to bring a cart with a false bottom." The plan to get the guns to Lors Tarr was actually very simple - Tarr would bring a cart to the ship under the guise of picking up goods to sell at the festival, and fill the cart up with some old broken parts of the ship that were essentially scrap. Meanwhile, they would hide the shipment of blasters in the cart's false bottom. Hopefully, the guards wouldn't be too thorough due to the sheer influx of traders from the festival.
Last edited February 28, 2015 7:58 pm
Feb 25, 2015 3:03 am
Lors Tarr paused in mid-stride to look at the whoever it was that called his name. Once he caught sight of Rexi his lekku twitched in exasperation. The women with him turned as a group toward Rexi; two recognized Rexi and frowned, and the last just looked bored.

"Rexi Chekku, you barvy scoundrel! I hoped that Lothal was the last I'd see of you. It isn't that difficult to make money when there a thief isn't emptying your pockets," an edge of anger ungirded Lors voice as he said that, "Or did you think I wouldn't notice?"

His lekku twitched several times, probably sending messages to the women.

--------------------

Tarr's offices are lush and sprawling. There are smaller offices, conference rooms, even what looks like a typical call center on the first floor. All these things are presumably to uphold his image as a legitimate Svivren business man. There are only the most basic security measures on the first floor, and all the electronics in the offices and call center are locked down by the central system they are linked to. The only interior access to the second floor is a single lift in the middle of the building. It does not appear to have a secure keypad, but there is a conspicuous-looking security camera focused upon the lift.

--------------------

Meanwhile, at the Thaali Research Institute Dr. Johtot enters by the rear entrance and proceeds directly to her lab. On the way across the building she paused briefly in the lobby just long enough that Valoris should have noticed her, if he was present. Dr. Eliasan is a tall and slender near-human. Her eyes are a dark chocolate color and her hair is dirty blonde. Despite her average appearance her smile dazzles and reinforces the confident, elegant way she carries herself. Her confidence tends a little toward arrogance.

She keyed her comlink and connected with Pepra and Valoris.

"Please meet me in the labs, I have a few tasks for you both before we can leave this morning. I know you really want to know what this is about, and I'll explain once we're in the labs." She smiled briefly to herself.

She deactivated the security lock on the lab and entered. The lights turned on automatically, but Eliasan did not activate any of her equipment. After several minutes of organizing some critical equipment while she waited for both Valoris and Pepra to join her, they both arrived.

She turned to Pepra first and handed him a datapad. "I need you to slice into spaceport security and pull a roster on all the ships currently in port. The dockmaster won't necessarily know, or flag, a ship as a possible smuggler. But depending on who the dockmaster is we probably can infer what ships might be smugglers. I want you to narrow the list to those you think are most likely smugglers and pull whatever you can on their crew roster. This datapad is brand new and not registered or traceable to the labs."

"Valoris, I want you to contact this speeder salesman," she pulled a datachip from her pocket, "and ask if the cargo speeder I reserved is ready. This is a distraction for our opponents, and I have no intent to show up to rent it. My personal speeder is parked outside the building and we'll use that instead."

"I'll explain more when its safe. I need to go to a medical conference to demonstrate my discovery. If I don't, I won't have a chance to get a large enough sponsor to bring my discovery to market. Without a powerful sponsor my discovery, and us too, will be buried by the bacta cartels."
Feb 26, 2015 11:59 pm
The Bothan Dockmaster, Lo Trey'Lya, spent a few moments telling of the local bars before he got to anything good. Unless you considered dives like The Drunken Jawa bar, Hoiinia Tep Cantina, or The Hydrospanner interesting that is.

"I heard from Madak, over in bay aurek 19, that a Lambda shuttle came in with some high ranking Imperial officers. They don't have more than a token bodyguard with them, but that's more than enough to cause trouble." His fur rippled to underscore the point, stating that they were heavily armed. "But perhaps what Zhur'seca saw is more disturbing. She saw, from a distance mind you, several Falleen exit an unmarked freighter. Might be nothing. Might be really bad."

"Lots of parties like to negotiate deals during the festival. You gentle beings may wish to keep your heads down."

His datapad chirped a notification and he nodded to Wuc'vulog. Without another word he turned and walked off toward the adjacent bay. In the distance a YT-1300 began its graceful descent to bay cresh 11, beside The Turtle.
Feb 27, 2015 5:49 am
"Thank you very much, we should be there in the next hour to pick it up. Enjoy the festival." Valoris clicks off his comlink with the speeder station and heads back over to where Dr. Eliasan is standing. "Alright, speeder's been reserved. Now then, you have some explaining to do. I can't do much to keep you on this side of the grave if you can't give me anything on what's coming for you. Alright, that's a lie, but I would still like to know because it does make it easier. Unless you'd rather have me go with the plan of 'shoot back at whatever starts shooting'." Valoris drops his joking demeanor for a moment. He eyes his locked case, and looks back at Eliasan with a look of genuine concern. "Am I gunna need it, because I'll take whatever heat it brings if it means keeping you safe."
Feb 28, 2015 1:10 am
RustInPieces says:
Lors Tarr paused in mid-stride to look at the whoever it was that called his name. Once he caught sight of Rexi his lekku twitched in exasperation. The women with him turned as a group toward Rexi; two recognized Rexi and frowned, and the last just looked bored.

"Rexi Chekku, you barvy scoundrel! I hoped that Lothal was the last I'd see of you. It isn't that difficult to make money when there a thief isn't emptying your pockets," an edge of anger ungirded Lors voice as he said that, "Or did you think I wouldn't notice?"

His lekku twitched several times, probably sending messages to the women.
Rexi places his hand to his thin chest, the absolute picture of innocence. "Thief? Me? You wound me, old friend. It pains me to hear that you encountered such a setback on Lothal but I assure you I had nothing to do with it. Perhaps your fortunes will fare better with our next delivery which, you'll be happy to learn, is ready to be off loaded even now!"

((OOC: die roll results of my deception check plus 2 difficulty and a setback are 4 successes, 1 advantage and 2 threats. Total of 4 success and 1 threat.))
Feb 28, 2015 3:41 am
Wuc'vulog triggers his comlink, signalling Glen Rand. "Imperial delegation in bay aurek 19. Let Rexi know if he checks in. Let's keep away from that vicinity." Wuc'vulog wanders to the entrance to the street and looks at the crowded passers by. Lekku twitching involuntarily in time to music playing from a nearby busker, Wuc'vulog smiles and enjoys the raucous festival crowd. Better cover for our dealings, yes, but their maybe some fun to be had as well, he thinks. Comlink again, mouth covered with by a twitching lekku: "Oh, and there are some Falleen nearby working out of an unmarked freighter. Seemed worried about them."

Munching on cheap festival food, roast gornt and fungus ale, Wuc'vulog leans against the tunnel wall, and waits.
Feb 28, 2015 7:57 pm
Qralloq says:
Wuc'vulog triggers his comlink, signalling Glen Rand. "Imperial delegation in bay aurek 19. Let Rexi know if he checks in. Let's keep away from that vicinity." Wuc'vulog wanders to the entrance to the street and looks at the crowded passers by. Lekku twitching involuntarily in time to music playing from a nearby busker, Wuc'vulog smiles and enjoys the raucous festival crowd. Better cover for our dealings, yes, but their maybe some fun to be had as well, he thinks. Comlink again, mouth covered with by a twitching lekku: "Oh, and there are some Falleen nearby working out of an unmarked freighter. Seemed worried about them."

Munching on cheap festival food, roast gornt and fungus ale, Wuc'vulog leans against the tunnel wall, and waits.
Rand answered back, "Alright, I'll be careful then. Hopefully the Imperials will leave our ship alone. I'll call you if there is any trouble. Oh, and can you bring me some of the festival food when you come back? I'm starving." Rand closed his comlink, and returned from surveying the goods to the cockpit. Peering from the cockpit, Rand looked out onto the Space Port, searching for any Imperials and the Falleen. Rand was fairly certain that neither the Imperials nor the Falleen had any business interfering with the smuggling operation, but it never hurt to be careful.
Mar 13, 2015 1:33 am
"Wonderful! I knew the shipment should arrive today, but little did I know that my old friend Rexi was involved." Lors Tarr cheered up immediately, "I didn't think you were involved on Lothal, really, but one can never be too careful. Come! Lets stop by The Hydrospanner and have some drinks. My workers can take care of transporting the goods, and you can fill me in on your adventures."

He set a heavy hand on Rexi's shoulder as he turned in the direction of The Hydrospanner. The disinterested Twi'lek woman moved to the other side of Rexi and looked subtly pleased as she draped herself on his other arm. Her grip was firm and intended to convey something a bit threatening.

"Then we can conclude our business after a game of sabacc. What do you say, old friend?" Lors Tarr smiled in genuine enjoyment. Perhaps today's deal would be highly advantageous.

Tarr commed his facility and informed someone there that the expected shipment had arrived. Moments later, three grav sleds with large, empty crates were guided from the back of his offices by several workers. They looked somewhat tough and headed in the direction of the the Turtle's docking bay.
Mar 14, 2015 4:29 pm
Rexi chuckles good naturedly, "Ah Lors, you know I'm awful at Sabacc, just let me call my ship and let them know you're coming then I'll join you for a drink and let you win some of my money." As the mildly menacing woman leads him away, he comms Rand to let him know that company is incoming.
Mar 20, 2015 1:13 am
"Wonderful! Perhaps you'll help me increase my profit margin on those guns," Tarr said with enthusiasm.

Lors and his entourage led the way to the Hydrospanner. The Hydrospanner was a medium sized cantina that primarily catered to blue collar workers. The building is clearly old, as one can tell from the patina on the structure and the wear on the 'crete. Inside, the drink selection is good and cantina has an air of being well maintained and cared for. A few of the regular patrons are in evidence, and there's a lively game of sabacc going on in one corner. Lors Tarr motions toward an empty sabacc table and everyone seats themselves, while Rexi's escort pulled a chair from an empty table to sit next to the rodian. Tarr touched a button and the table's interface flickered to life.

"I think I will go buy us a round of drinks, if you could instruct the table to deal us out."

Without awaiting an answer, Lors got up and waddled off to the bar.

--------------------

Meanwhile, three thugs with grav sleds and heavy-duty crates wove way through the crowd. It only took the 5 minutes to reach the tunnel that led toward the Turtle's docking bay. As they passed along the tunnel corridor they approached Wuc'vulog's position. The lead thug nodded to the Twi'lek as he continued down the passageway.

--------------------

While Pepra and Khan are busy Dr Eliasan collects several delicate, customized apparatuses and secures them in a carrying case. She then proceeded to open the other side of the case and loaded several vials from a nearby cryogenic storage vault. The case closed with an audible sucking sound and charge indicators lit up. The sound of a portable cooling unit emanated from the case briefly, then stopped.

Then Valoris approached and demanded answers.

"Some... extra-legal agencies are interested in my research. I have the chance to break a cartel that has a stranglehold on the galaxy, and naturally both they and any other organization would want to claim my research for their own." She paused to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear and studied Khan's eyes. "In four weeks there's a medical conference in the Tapani sector. Until I am able to publicize my findings there, my disappearance would be easy to arrange and my research could be easily buried, or exploited. You may not need your gun here, but you probably will need it before we get to the conference."

"I will have more time to explain when we are off-world."

Eliasan glanced over her shoulder to look at Pepra. Her brow furrowed a moment as she wondered why he hadn't spoken up yet. "Pepra, are you about done? Is something wrong?"
Mar 20, 2015 1:20 am
RustInPieces says:
"Wonderful! Perhaps you'll help me increase my profit margin on those guns," Tarr said with enthusiasm.

Lors and his entourage led the way to the Hydrospanner. The Hydrospanner was a medium sized cantina that primarily catered to blue collar workers. The building is clearly old, as one can tell from the patina on the structure and the wear on the 'crete. Inside, the drink selection is good and cantina has an air of being well maintained and cared for. A few of the regular patrons are in evidence, and there's a lively game of sabacc going on in one corner. Lors Tarr motions toward an empty sabacc table and everyone seats themselves, while Rexi's escort pulled a chair from an empty table to sit next to the rodian. Tarr touched a button and the table's interface flickered to life.

"I think I will go buy us a round of drinks, if you could instruct the table to deal us out."

Without awaiting an answer, Lors got up and waddled off to the bar.
Rexi programs the autodealer for a three person game and smiles warmly at his escort. "I'm afraid you have me at a disadvantage, though I'm sure your used to having men at a disadvantage, but I'm afraid I didn't catch your name earlier."
Mar 20, 2015 1:18 pm
Wuc'vulog, enjoying the festival crowd, nods back at the thug. After they pass and get down the tunnel a ways, he triggers his comlink and lets Glen know that they are inbound. "Glen, we've got a few teamsters in the hangar looking to move some freight, but I don't see our guys. Best keep things locked up, and I'll see if I can make some new friends."

"Hey there, fellas, you guys enjoying the festival?" Wuc'vulog catches up with the thugs and walks alongside them. "Or you're probably saving your enthusiasm for after your shift. I know, sometimes these local festivals are more of a hassle for upstanding businessmen like yourselves. I remember this one festival on Ryloth where a bunch of Trandoshan migrants would want to start setting these small rodents on fire. Of course, they would escape and ..." Wuc'vulog will continue with this funny story until the thugs hopefully get to the other ship in the hangar.

If they start to get violent looking, he'll back off and go back to his leaning position, but where he can keep an eye on them, too.
Mar 25, 2015 2:32 pm
Callista looks around, making sure no one is watching, and walks over to the trash can. She pulls out a crushed can of some energy drink and tosses it a few times to test the weight. This ought to do it, she thinks, looking up at the lone camera.

Getting a good angle, she throws the crushed can towards the camera, hoping to knock it away to point somewhere else.
OOC: While she's throwing the can, as a player I'm using the Force to move the camera. I would roll a Force die, but it seems that the "allow dice rolling" check box hasn't been checked. GM, if you wouldn't mind editing the OP so we can post dice rolls?

Rolls

Move the camera

2 White Force Points

Mar 25, 2015 8:42 pm
(OCC: Was waiting for us to leave before I did anything. My bad.)

Valoris heads out behind the lab's back entrance to an alley way. He throws open the door to a garage, revealing a black and red V-35 Courier.

"Better not waste any time. Let's get this thing warmed up."

Khan hops in the driver seat and kicks on the engine. With the speeder hovering off of the ground, Khan radios in to the other two in the lab.

"Hey, the engine's running. Get out here so we can get going. The sooner we get off this rock the sooner we don't have to keep looking over our shoulders."
Apr 7, 2015 1:04 am
The Twi'lek woman flipped one of her lekku back over her shoulder and gave Rexi a measuring look. After several seconds she appeared to make up her mind and said, "You can call me Nyree. And yes, I prefer to keep others at a disadvantage." She grinned wickedly and cast a quick glance over at Lors, who was speaking to the bartender, "Even those I'm contracted to."

Lors finished talking with the bartender and made his way back to the table. "So, are we ready to play? The drinks will be along in a moment, I ordered a nice local ale."

----------------------------------------

Callista's aim is true, and her timing is good. The can strikes the camera right as it starts to turn aside. Anyone who reviewed the security footage later wouldn't see anything other than a can knocking the camera out of alignment. The path to the lift is now clear, and none of the few personnel on the ground floor have paid her any attention.

When Wuc'vulog talks to the thugs they nod politely and laugh at the story of the flaming rodents.

"Yah, I know a guy what would pull that. Only, he'd sell 'em on a stick and light 'em up after you buy one. Said they tasted better when crisped up fresh, y'know!" One offered with a chuckle.

(OOC: If you want to distract and divert them, try rolling a charm check with 2 Yellow, 1 Green, and 2 Purple.)
Apr 7, 2015 2:29 am
RustInPieces says:
When Wuc'vulog talks to the thugs they nod politely and laugh at the story of the flaming rodents.

"Yah, I know a guy what would pull that. Only, he'd sell 'em on a stick and light 'em up after you buy one. Said they tasted better when crisped up fresh, y'know!" One offered with a chuckle.

(OOC: If you want to distract and divert them, try rolling a charm check with 2 Yellow, 1 Green, and 2 Purple.)
Wuc'vulog attempts to keep the thugs distracted, unsure of when things are going to happen.

Rolls

Charm Check

3 Advantage, 2 Failure

Total: 2 Failure, 3 Advantage

Apr 7, 2015 9:44 pm
RustInPieces says:
The Twi'lek woman flipped one of her lekku back over her shoulder and gave Rexi a measuring look. After several seconds she appeared to make up her mind and said, "You can call me Nyree. And yes, I prefer to keep others at a disadvantage." She grinned wickedly and cast a quick glance over at Lors, who was speaking to the bartender, "Even those I'm contracted to."

Lors finished talking with the bartender and made his way back to the table. "So, are we ready to play? The drinks will be along in a moment, I ordered a nice local ale."
Rexi smiles as his client returns and takes his seat. "I only need to tell the auto dealer whether it's a two player game or if the lovely Nyree will be assisting you in parting me from me money."

Meanwhile, he racks his mind for any hint as to who the muscled mercenary might be. Clearly she isn't just here as arm candy for the fat old merchant, but does she represent a general precaution or a specific threat? Only time will tell apparently.
Apr 9, 2015 3:59 pm
Callista walks confidently into the lift, as if she belongs there. She makes sure her body language is assertive, confident; if anyone looks at her they should see just one more tenant of the building walking into their turbolift.

Once inside, she quickly scans for any internal cameras, making sure to stay in its blind spot as much as possible. She waits patiently until the lift stops on the needed floor. She steps out and takes a discerning look around.
Apr 15, 2015 2:14 am
(OOC: Sabacc rules are given in the free Under a Black Sun adventure, on page 27. Not particularly mobile friendly.)

"Oh, I'm definitely playing," Nyree winked at Rexi before she shot a look of disdain at Lors, "If only to supplement my paycheck."

"Then I think that makes three of us Rexi. What stakes do you want to play for? Ten credits a hand? Twenty credits a hand?" Lors' lekku twitched with anticipation. These weren't high stakes, but some players would raise stakes or go double-or-nothing when they were in the hole.
Apr 15, 2015 2:17 am
Rexi chuckles good naturedly, "We'd best start at ten a hand, I'd hate to go broke too soon in the day!" With that, he finishes programming the auto dealer and settles in for a few hands.
Apr 18, 2015 1:47 am
When Callista walks out of the lift the first thing she notices is the 15 meter hallway leading to a security desk beside a blast door. A bored-looking, middle-aged female Zabrak is seated behind the desk in a navy blue uniform. A single orange stripe runs down the left arm, and a shoulder patch is on the right shoulder. Several moments after the lift doors opened she lowered the datapad she was reading and set it on the desk, then her eyes flick to the lift. The light is dim, but the guard is illuminated by a display built into her desk.

In addition to the hallway leading to the guard desk, there are two other halls branching out perpendicularly. To the west seem to be offices, to the east seem to be conference rooms. Down the main hallway to the blast door there are no other doors.

(OOC: Roll stealth VS 2 difficulty dice to avoid being seen. )
Apr 18, 2015 5:02 pm
With what they have here you'd think there'd be more than just her on duty. But it makes my life easier! Grinning at herself, Callista waits for the opportune moment right before the lift closes and the guard starts to look away.
OOC: I'm going to spend the triumph to declare that the guard gets up and goes to the bathroom, giving me free reign for the next few minutes. For my three advantage, 1 to get a boost die on my next roll, and the remaining two to get where I'm going quicker. Does that work for you?
Last edited April 18, 2015 5:06 pm

Rolls

Agi/Stealth both 2, and Slight of Mind talents add two boost dice

3 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 1 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Apr 21, 2015 1:17 am
Khan does one last sweep to make sure no one is watching the back-alley entrance to the labs, thumbing the sling of his stun-rifle as he skulks around the shadows. "What's the holdup Doc? You need any help in there?"
Apr 23, 2015 11:54 pm
Dr Eliasan spent several minutes discussing ships with Pepra, and the results of his search. She acknowledged Khan's first comm message and continued her discussion. As she did so she marked the ships on her own datapad for later. Then Pepra's datapad showed an alert. A silent alarm had been triggered somewhere in the systems they were accessing. Rather than take the risk, Eliasan initiated a security wipe on the datapad, wiped it clean of fingerprints, and dropped it down a disposal chute.

Then the comm chimed again.

"We hit a small complication and I'll need to finish something on our way to the spaceport. Keep alert, and you might want to be ready for anything. I'll tell you more in person, I don't know how secure our comms are."

With that Dr Eliasan grabbed the cases she had prepared, and she and Pepra hurried out the back to the speeder. She had Pepra begin loading the speeder while she brought Khan up to speed.

"Valoris, we have the information we need but Pepra tripped an alarm of some kind. Whoever might be paying attention could know what ships we're looking for. I'll have to finish my job posting and message the ships while we're on our way. Lets go."

She hopped into the copilot's seat of the speeder and strapped herself in. Pepra settled himself in the back seat with the cases. Once in motion Eliasan started typing furiously on her datapad--time was of the essence, and she started to sweat.
Apr 24, 2015 1:24 am
Wuc'vulog made good conversation but the thugs continued on in spite of his efforts. "You one of the crewmates of the Turtle? Or are you from one of the other ships here? Boss Tarr sent us to unload our latest cargo shipment." The thug who spoke appeared to be the leader.

(OOC: Unless you're going to try something else, they arrive at the ship.)

The Turtle receives a a private job posting with a direct invitation from a Dr Eliasan. She wishes to travel to the Tapani Sector, departure as soon as possible, in time for a medical conference in 5 weeks. The job lists her and 2 assistants as passengers, some 20 kilos of cargo, and a priority tag. The job posting lists the offered price at 14k credits if on time, 17k credits if early by 4 days.
Apr 24, 2015 1:36 am
Wuc'vulog claps one of the thugs on the shoulder in a comradely fashion. "Right, the Turtle. I'll let you get to it, thanks for the chat," he says, returning to the tunnel entrance. His lekku twitch slightly, happy at information that he obtained. While the thugs unload their cargo, he'll try and keep a watchful eye on both them and the tunnel, waiting for his shipmates to make their arrangements.
Apr 25, 2015 4:43 pm
"Very well, ten credits a hand it is. Nyree, will you join us, or are you just going to watch?" Lors asked with a slight twitch of his lekku. The other two Twi'leks with Tarr also pull up their seats to take positions around the table.

"Oh, I'm playing," she said, "deal me in."

A human barmaid arrived just after Tarr signaled for Rexi to deal, and distributed ales to the party.

(OOC: It's your choice to cheat or not, but I'm assuming you wouldn't be so obvious on the first hand. Roll Cool + 1 Force Die vs 2 difficulty, plus any bonuses you can bring to bear.)

The Zabrak guard doesn't notice Callista, but also doesn't appear that surprised that the lift was triggered. She rolled her eyes and muttered something about "the engineers couldn't look at that for another few days." With a wave of her badge over a security strip she secured her terminal, then set her datapad back on the desk. She walked down the corridor toward the lift and headed for the conference rooms in the eastern hall. Just after the first set of doors she turned off into the restrooms.

The security desk is cluttered. A brief glance reveals someone's misplaced security card sticking out from under a stack of empty cups. The blast doors open to reveal a sophisticated workshop. There is a bin with credit chits sitting next to a machine with a chit slot in it. On the other side of the room there's a dais with an reclining chair that has heavy restraints. The medical equipment around it looks slightly malicious, and a deactivated surgical droid is leaned against the wall. Heavy shelving lines the back wall. The shelves aren't large, but are sturdy and whatever is on them is draped in a silver cloth that conceals what the device is.

There is a security console inside capable of closing the door, and monitoring any security cameras set up outside.

(OOC: If you want to figure the machines out, it'll be Knowledge: Underworld vss 2 difficulty, plus any searching you might want to do at the same difficulty.)
Apr 25, 2015 6:29 pm
Callista examines the myriad machines, bit, and bobs around her. "This can't be good, whatever it is."

After pondering over what it could be, she starts looking around for her real prize: the reason she's here.
OOC: Net 1 failure, she has no idea. Also, I have no idea what Callista is looking for. Was that established? Or should I just be making it up?
Last edited April 25, 2015 6:30 pm

Rolls

What the Sith is all this?

1 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure

Apr 25, 2015 9:07 pm
(OOC: We only established that she was trying to empty Tarr's safe. If you make a perception or vigilance roll versus 3 difficulty you can search-for/notice it. However, if she looks under the cloth she'll figure out that this is an illegal cyber facility (among other things) and find some expensive cybernetic limbs. That'd be obvious if she looks under the cloth, but it depends on how curious she is. Otherwise, go ahead and make the rest up.)
Apr 25, 2015 10:58 pm
OOC: Perception to find the safe. 2 Successes, one threat.
Last edited April 25, 2015 10:59 pm

Rolls

Perception, HO!

4 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Threat

Apr 26, 2015 7:51 pm
Rexi watches the sabacc cards shift value and suit in his hands for a few moments before choosing a few to play.

((OOC: go go power sabacc!))
Last edited April 26, 2015 7:51 pm

Rolls

Sabacc hooooo!

3 Advantage, 3 Threat, 1 White Force Point

Apr 26, 2015 9:42 pm
Khan helps her into the speeder then vaults into the driver seat.

"Kahn taxi services would like to remind you to please keep all hands and feet inside the vehicle. Thank you for riding with us."

The engine roars as Kahn slams on the accelerator and sends the speeder zooming towards the starport. He thinks to himself, "Whoever said, 'the more haste, the less speed' has obviously never driven a vehicle while being shot at.
Apr 28, 2015 1:19 am
As Valoris takes off in the speeder, another unmarked speeder takes to the air and begins following at a medium distance.

((OOC: Valoris Khan, roll Piloting (Planetary) with 3 green, 2 purple, and 2 black dice. Green represents your relevant attribute with 0 levels of training, 2 purple is average difficulty for flying to the spaceport, and 2 black setback dice for trying to hurry during an extremely crowded event. If you wish to outrun or engage the speeder we need to roll for initiative.)

---------------------------------------------

Callista finds the safe built into the wall near the strange credit-chit machine. The safe itself is disguised as part of a computer terminal that looks like it controls the machine, or perhaps is supposed to look that way. The face plate for the keypad flips outward to reveal mechanical tumblers and levers.

((OOC: Skulduggery to lockpick is Hard (3) difficulty with 1 setback due to the previous threat; you still have LP and 1 boost die you haven't used yet.))

---------------------------------------------

The cards mistreated Rexi initially, then flipped at the last second to enable him to break-even. However Nyree was unlucky and lost the first hand to Tarr, who neatly cleaned out the other players on this hand.

"So Rexi, you seem to have had a little trouble this go around. I don't remember you playing this conservatively back on Lothal. I seem to remember you ... out for the big stakes." Tarr grinned. "Are you down on your luck, or just bored enough to humor me?"

Nyree impatiently jabs at the autodealer and triggers a new hand. "I never humor you, Tarr," she bristled.

((OOC: Same rolls, unless you spend an LP to upgrade.)

Rolls

Stakeout of the research facility (vs Khan/Pepra/Elaisan group stealth)

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Threat

Sabacc: Nyree VS Tarr

3 Success, 2 Failure, 1 Threat, 1 Black Force Point

Total: 1 Success, 1 Threat

Apr 29, 2015 10:53 pm
This shouldn't be too difficult, she thinks, pulling out her kit. She takes a steadying breath and gets to work, listening intently on the tumblers as she manipulates the dials and levers.
OOC: Using a Destiny Point to upgrade my check, adding a green die. Also using my boost die from earlier.

1 net advantage. Umm, crap.
Last edited April 29, 2015 10:56 pm

Rolls

Pick the lock, get the loot!

3 Success, 2 Advantage, 3 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Advantage

Apr 30, 2015 12:10 am
"We got a tail. Keep your head down."

Khan swerves in and out of the traffic in an attempt to loose the trailing speeder.

(OOC: I want to roll initiative, but I'm not 100% sure how. I think it's just the vigilance skill because they surprised me, right?)
Last edited April 30, 2015 12:13 am

Rolls

Drive!

4 Success, 3 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 2 Threat

Apr 30, 2015 11:46 am
Rexi shakes his head, "More the former than the latter I'm afraid. The odds haven't been in my favor since last we met. But enough of my troubles, tell me of your triumphs! Clearly you're doing better for yourself here than back on Lothal. What's kind of scheme are you running, you old card sharp that you need such beguiling and dangerous companions?"

Rolls

Cardzors!

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Threat, 1 Black Force Point

Total: 2 Success, 1 Advantage

May 6, 2015 2:03 am
An Devaronian dressed in an expensive, immaculate suit rounded a corner in the spaceport tunnels. When he spotted Wuc'vulog a glimmer of recognition crossed his dainty features. The man took a moment to rub some invisible creases out of his sport coat before he walked to Wuc'vulog. With a glance he checked their surroundings to ensure that they were out of anyone else's earshot.

"Excuse me, but do you happen to know where the weapon shop is?" He leaned a little closer, "I seem to have gotten turned around, and thought you might be able to help."

--------------------------------------

While trying to open the safe, Callista's lack of tools hampered her ability to open it. Seemingly by luck, she avoided a clever little alarm wired into the false terminal that could have tied into the building's security. Upon closer examination it became obvious that the mechanical parts of the locking mechanism were a clever decoy, clearly designed to lure an unobservant thief into tripping an alarm. But when she moved to notice those details Callista accidentally set her hand on the edge of the bin on the workstation. The bin of credits flipped off the workstation, flinging its credit chits in a wide arc around Callista. A metallic rain of light metal chits pattered across the 'crete floor even as the bin landed with a loud clatter.

(OOC: We made a mistake calculating your skill pool: Skulduggery is already 2y/1g so upgrading would make that 3y. You can reattempt without the boost/setback at the same difficulty, but threats will make it take longer. If you opt not to, keep the destiny point. And... that might've been loud enough for the guard to hear if she has returned.)
May 6, 2015 2:44 am
Clever, I almost missed it. But I'm the best for a reason. No dingy safe will stop me! gritting her teeth, she gets to work on the real tumblers.
5 successes! That'll do, methinks!
Last edited May 6, 2015 2:45 am

Rolls

Retry, with proper dice

5 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 5 Success

May 9, 2015 1:33 am
(OOC: Rexi's dark side pip means 0 success, 1 threat. Take 1 stress. For Nyree, 2 threat means she gets a setback die.)

Tarr played the hand, successfully bluffing Nyree while Rexi's card misbehaved and prevented him from playing anything useful. Tarr once again took the pot. He smiled and started the next hand.

"I can see that, the cards don't favor you today." Lors shrugged dismissively. "You know me, Rexi, I find various things to do. The problem isn't so much what I do, but the beings I come into contact with when I do them. It's always a good thing to have talented help."

Tarr winked at Nyree. But instead of making her more angry, the comment had the effect of making her become deadly earnest as she focused upon Tarr. It was fairly obvious that he was walking a line, but the nature of that line was unanswered and unhinted at. Nyree's eyes scanned the bar, but she apparently didn't see anything and relaxed.

"Anyway, down to business. Did you fellows have any trouble securing the shipment, or in delivery?" A lekku twitched tentatively, and Lors tilted his head slightly. "Assuming my laborers report that everything is in order, then we can make the agreed upon payment. Then I suppose you'll be off again."

Rolls

Nyree VS Tarr

2 Success, 2 Threat, 1 Black Force Point

Total: 2 Success, 2 Threat

May 9, 2015 12:32 pm
Rexi shrugs, "You know the old saying: unlucky at sabacc, lucky at love. I'm sure I'll manage. As for your shipment, no. No trouble at all. You know we're a very resourceful crew; that's why you trust us for these little delivery jobs after all." Rexi plays his hand and states... "Good thing my luck runs more to shipping than sabacc."
Last edited May 9, 2015 12:33 pm

Rolls

More sabacc

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat, 2 Black Force Points

Total: 1 Advantage

May 9, 2015 3:00 pm
(OOC: See this post for the chase mechanics and a brief change to how we're going things. It should simplify matters a bit. Lets track most of the details for this one in the OOC thread.)

Dr. Eliasan put in a call to the Turtle once she was in the speeder. Things were cramped, but that was the problem with fitting 3 people into a speeder for 2. Captain Rand responded promptly, but sounded as if he were tired and out of breath. The negotiations were simple, and they could leave once the Turtle had unloaded its cargo.

"Ok, we have transportation once we make it to the spaceport. Pepra, remove our job listing." Eliasan stowed her comlink out of the way and activated the copilot controls. "Let me help you, Khan, and perhaps we can lose our tail."

Eliasan had little skill with piloting, but so far the traffic and Khan's piloting had sufficed. Their tail had trouble keeping up and was now at medium range. In a last-minute-genius moment, Eliasan remembered that as a corporate vehicle the top speed was reduced by a governor in the system. In a few moments she disabled it and freed the speeder to reach its top speed, though that wasn't particularly impressive.

----------------------------------

Back at the Turtle, Rand watch the process of unloading the cargo. Tarr's thugs had some clever crates that could resist scanning, had a false bottom, and even had some false cargo to fill the top with—just to make the crate look innocuous. It was a tidy little job, and was completed in about a half hour. Once they had completed the task, they loaded their cargo lifters and were on their way.

Then Rand handled the call from Dr. Eliasan. He checked to ensure that their stores were topped off, and then made ready to take off.

Rolls

Chase Pursuit

2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Copiloting Check

1 Advantage, 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Failure, 1 Threat

May 11, 2015 9:23 am
As Khan realizes what Dr. Eliasan has done he turns to her in the seat next to him and smiles widely.

"I think I'm about to make you sorry you did that."

Khan slams on the accelerator and sends the Courier racing down the street.

Rolls

Speed 2 Planetary Piloting

3 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

May 12, 2015 12:18 am
As Callista settles in for her second try, she gets lucky and realizes that this is a safe that she's cracked before. Not only that, but whoever set the safe up only changed one digit of the original pin. Faster than you can say "Jabba's your uncle" she has the safe open.

The safe contains:

- 2,000 credits
- several data chips
- a holo-messenger
- a blaster energy-dampener

-------------------------------------------

(OOC: Poor Rexi, this is brutal: 2 darkside makes it 4 failure and 3 threat! The next check will be upgraded difficulty at 1r 2p. Suffer 1 more strain. Unless you demand an opportunity to recoup your losses, take a loss of 50 credits.)

"As you say, it is good that you all are resourceful," Lors nodded—and promptly claimed the entire pot.

"The cargo is in order, boss," Tarr's comlink crackled to life, "and has been offloaded. We're guiding the load lifters back to the warehouse now."

"Well Rexi, I believe that just about concludes our business." Lors eyes flicked back up from the comlink and he smiled. He glanced at Nyree and nodded. She placed her handbag on the table, removed a smallish sealed container and handed it to Rexi. "This is our agreed upon payment. And with that, I do believe our contract is complete."

"It was good to see you again. Do return and visit me sometime," Lors smiled, then laughed, "and I can beat you at Sabaac again!"
May 12, 2015 12:57 pm
Rexi slumps in his chair, defeated. "Lors, I'm not sure if I can keep doing business with you if you're just going to win back what you're paying me every time!" He laughs and stands, taking the container. "But, as always it was good to see you and to meet your fascinating new companion. Nyree, you deserve better than an old card sharp like him. Until next time." And with that he stands and begins making his way back to the Turtle.
May 16, 2015 2:26 pm
RustInPieces says:
An Devaronian dressed in an expensive, immaculate suit rounded a corner in the spaceport tunnels. When he spotted Wuc'vulog a glimmer of recognition crossed his dainty features. The man took a moment to rub some invisible creases out of his sport coat before he walked to Wuc'vulog. With a glance he checked their surroundings to ensure that they were out of anyone else's earshot.

"Excuse me, but do you happen to know where the weapon shop is?" He leaned a little closer, "I seem to have gotten turned around, and thought you might be able to help."
Wuc'vulog, holding the wall up and listening to the festival sounds, smiles warmly at the Devaronian. "Weapons? Surely you jest. Svivren is as peaceful as an Imperial jail. But if you're looking for weapons, we may be able to escort you to a more hospitable location," he pauses, hitching as thumb backwards toward the Turtle. "For the right price, of course."

He straightens and sizes up the well dressed man, his lekku twitching intimately. He leans forward slightly, and says playfully "With a suit like that, surely you can find solutions to your problems that don't require ... rough stuff."
ooc: Wuc'vulog is attempting to charm/seduce the Devaronian, hoping to either socially put him off balance, or maybe negotiate a potential contract for the crew.
edit: added the dice roll: 3 ability, 2 prof vs. 1 red, 2 purple
Last edited May 16, 2015 4:34 pm

Rolls

Charm/seduce the Devaronian suit

1 Success, 6 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 4 Advantage

May 16, 2015 5:35 pm
Callista grabs everything she can and stuffs it into her pockets, starting with the holo-messenger and data chips. These'll be worth something to someone. Her hand hovers over the blaster energy-dampener but quickly moves to the stack of credits. If weapons are illegal here, I don't want to be caught with a weapon attachment. It won't go over well.

Taking a few quick steps one way then the other, to make sure she doesn't jingle, she smiles and ducks out the building the same way she came in.
May 20, 2015 12:43 am
As Valoris slams the accelerator and tries to escape through the mass of vehicles, the pursuing vehicle manages to maintain their distance in spite of the traffic. It's too tight between the landspeeders all around for either vehicle to do much. Once Eliasan finishes settling in, though, things change for the better.

"There, Valoris, between those two large cargo speeders!" She gestures to the port side.

(OOC: Distance is the same, but Valoris' next check is now a base difficulty of 1 purple die, and he also gets 1 blue boost die.)

---------------------------------

Lors Tarr walked Rexi to the door. "An old card shark indeed," he chuckled, "but, it's better to be lucky at something than unlucky in our lines of business. Till the next time, Rexi."

Nyree doesn't respond when Rexi speaks to her, but watches him impassively.

The Devaronian smiled and nodded appreciatively. "Actually, I'm just a broker. I'm not really looking for transport, but I'd heard that some people in the docks today might have some exotic merchandise." He lowered his voice to a whisper. "Svivren isn't nearly as peaceful as they say."

He leaned back and glanced back down at his suit. "Yes, I don't need to resort to 'rough stuff' as you put it to get what I need. If I'm looking for something very specific, and you manage to find it—would you be willing to sell it to me for a fair sum? You may call me Max."

He hands Wuc'vulog a card with his contact information. The card merely states his name, Max, and his job, Broker, in the plainest and least ornamented style Wuc'vulog's ever seen.

Rand keyed the ship's comlink to all crew. "Attention all hands, we have our next delivery en route and should depart as soon as it is stowed. Please wrap up your business and return within half an hour."

Rolls

Chase Pursuit (#2)

2 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Copiloting Check (Eliasan)

3 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success

Boost for Copiloting Check (missed)

1 Success, 1 Advantage

May 20, 2015 1:31 am
Khan swerves into the hole, looking over his shoulder for the pursuers.

Rolls

Sick Tokyo Drift Moves

1 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Failure

May 20, 2015 12:10 pm
Rexi smiles and nods, "Too true. Until next time." At that his comlink chimes and he begins the short walk back to the Turtle.
May 20, 2015 1:20 pm
Wuc'vulog glances at the card before stowing it in a pocket. "I don't think that it is against the rules of Svivren to discuss specific things. What is it your interested in? We might be able to, at the very least, find this thing for you." As his Rand's message comes, he leads the Devaronian back into the festival crowd, away from the Turtle. "Let's join the crowd, it's less suspicious than hanging about a tunnel."

Wuc'vulog continues his charming way, attempting to find out what the Devaronian is looking for, and how much he wants to pay. At the same time, he doesn't want Max around when the cargo arrives, in case it is compromising. Lastly, he doesn't want to get too far away in case those thugs have ulterior motives. His lekku twitch at least it's not boring here.
May 23, 2015 4:01 pm
(OOC: Once again, your difficulty is only 1 purple die but no bonus from Eliasan. You can have 2 bonus dice from your 4 advantage earlier though. The pursuing vehicle is now at Long range; 1 more net success vss their results and you escape.)

Khan's speeder had trouble fitting between the large cargo speeders and got scraped up a bit in the attempt. But the pursuing vehicle struggled to keep pace as several speeder bikes cut it off as they entered the roadway. In the sudden snarl of unexpected traffic, their pilot has to focus more on how they will get through the traffic than keeping up with Khan.

At the same time, Eliasan continues to copilot and point out another gap in the traffic. They can just barely make it, but if they do they could lose the pursuit completely.

----------------------------------

Max nods knowingly at Wuc'vulog's comment about joining the crowd. "Yes, it would be wise. Out here with the crowd recording devices are much less... precise." He reaches into the breast pocket of his suit and pulls out a very thin datapad and keys up a schematic.

"I don't know precisely what it looks like in reality, but this is a component of one of the first disruptor rifles. It is a highly specialized proton pump that is used to amplify the power drawn from the power cell to extremely dangerous levels. It was deemed lost, but I recently discovered that it was stolen from a private collection. We wish to acquire and study it. Later replacements of the component were much smaller, and therefore less powerful." He shrugged. "That's what I know. My client is willing to pay in excess of forty thousand credits for this component."

Rolls

Chase Pursuit (#3)

1 Success, 3 Advantage, 2 Failure, 3 Threat

Copiloting Check (Eliasan)

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Success

May 24, 2015 6:32 pm
"This chase is getting boring. I think it's time we lost them, don't you?"

Khan hits the gap at max speed.

(Edit, OCC: HELL YEAH!)
Last edited May 24, 2015 6:32 pm

Rolls

Run Run Run Run Runaway!

4 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 1 Advantage

May 29, 2015 12:50 am
(OOC: I'm going to rule the chase over. Khan, Eliasan, and Pepra have a several minute head-start into the spaceport.)

As they squeezed between the speeders Eliasan risked a look back over her shoulder. The cargo speeders had moved closer together and forced their pursuit to take an alternate route. The spaceport was just ahead so it was obvious where they were going, but with luck they would be able to escape within the spaceport and evade pursuit.

"Looks like they had to break off and find a different route. I think we have a few minutes before they can catch up with us," she said.

Rolls

Chase Pursuit (#4)

4 Success, 1 Advantage, 5 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 4 Threat

May 29, 2015 1:21 pm
RustInPieces says:
He reaches into the breast pocket of his suit and pulls out a very thin datapad and keys up a schematic.

"I don't know precisely what it looks like in reality, but this is a component of one of the first disruptor rifles. It is a highly specialized proton pump that is used to amplify the power drawn from the power cell to extremely dangerous levels. It was deemed lost, but I recently discovered that it was stolen from a private collection. We wish to acquire and study it. Later replacements of the component were much smaller, and therefore less powerful." He shrugged. "That's what I know. My client is willing to pay in excess of forty thousand credits for this component."
Wuc'vulog will take the datapad if it is so offered and tuck it away, and ask where the 'private collection' was located, and if Max has any clues as to the whereabouts of the pump. "For that price, my crew will definitely want to add this project to their schedule." He will glean what additional relevant information that he can, ideally fairly close to the hanger tunnel and in a position where he can see the entrance, but Max's back would be to it.
Jun 2, 2015 11:28 pm
Max reluctantly hands over the datapad. The only personal data it appears to have is that schematic.

"I believe the proton pump was stolen from Bpfassh. There is an influential person, probably a Black Sun stooge, there who has a private collection. If I recall, he owns and operates a local museum of sorts—probably where his private collection gets its goodies from. Be extremely careful about entrusting this information to your crew," Max frowned and lowered his voice, "It would take little effort for an artifact like this to turn crewmates against each other. I would entrust it to no more than one other being, personally."

"Good luck, notify me if you find it." Max waved and walked off into the crowd.

(OOC: Make a perception check at no difficulty.)
Jun 2, 2015 11:53 pm
Wuc'vulog watches Max leave and looks around, catching some of the festival atmosphere, while secreting the datapad on his person.

Rolls

Perception (Cunning)

3 Success

Total: 3 Success

Jun 5, 2015 2:37 pm
Wuc'vulog notices a lone tie fighter in the distance following a road to the spaceport. As Wuc'vulog watches, another two tie fighters criss-cross the path of the first tie. Then a fourth is visible between buildings following another road with access to the spaceport, going the opposite direction. Engines howl as directly overhead, and a fifth tie fighter flies directly overhead only to line up on a road and follow it. They're probably scanning for something, or someone.

Above the searching tie fighters Wuc'vulog spots not one, but two Sentinel transports on hot approach to the spaceport.

Large holonet screens in the spaceport show the Imperial logo and begin booming an Imperial tune in preparation for an announcement.
Jun 6, 2015 4:04 am
"Code brown," he calls out on the comlink. "Incoming Imperials. We need to get airborne before security gets, well, empire-y."

Wuc'vulog makes his way quickly back to the Turtle, and prepares to, hopefully, expedite a fast loading.
Jun 6, 2015 1:38 pm
Rexi arrives back at the spaceport just as the holoscreens blare their announcement. Ugh, just what this place needs. A bunch of imps throwing their weight around, he thinks to himself before quickly heading to the ship.
Jun 6, 2015 3:12 pm
Hearing the general call to scratch gravel, Callista picks up her pace, trying to get to the ship before it leaves.
Jun 6, 2015 10:13 pm
Khan pulls into the starport as the TIE fighters pass overhead. Helping Doctor Eliasan out of the Courier, Khan addresses the doctor.

"Time to go. We've got Imperials incoming, and I doubt this stun rifle will be much help."

Khan hooks his arm in hers and begins hurrying her towards the Turtle's docking bay.
Jun 11, 2015 11:47 pm
As the fanfare reaches its peak, it suddenly drops to the background as the familiar face of an Imperial Officer shows on every screen tuned to the holonet. Her face is set in stone as she speaks, "Despite repeated warnings to the against it, the planetary government of Svivren has attempted to maintain neutrality while hosting and supplying a cell of rebels. The sector governor's leniency is at an end. I hereby declare Svivren under Imperial interdict in the name of the Emperor.

"The only craft that will be permitted to leave are those inspected and approved by our personnel. Resist and you will be detained for later interrogation. Flee, and you will be destroyed. The Imperial Star Destroyer Retaliator will be in orbit for quite some time while we impose order. The corvettes Swift and Harasser will be more than happy to use your craft for target practice.

"By command of the Emperor and his sector governor, this is captain Scoria of the Retaliator."

The tie fighters swiftly cease their search and begin flying in two formations, of two and three fighters, around the spaceport. The two shuttles begin their final approach and their ramps start to extend, revealing stormtroopers as they prepare to leap to the ground.

-------------------------------------

Dr Eliasan swiftly grabs her luggage and and hurries with Khan toward the Turtle's docking bay. Just a bay or two from the Turtle, an Imperial Officer steps out into the corridor ahead of them. When his eyes rest on Valoris a look of puzzlement, then shocked recognition crosses his face.

"You? How?!" he points at Valoris, "You're supposed to be dead!"

(OOC: You got an Imperial encounter thanks to rolling your obligation, Valoris. What do you want to do?)
Jun 13, 2015 5:06 pm
Khan tenses up when he locks eyes with the officer. He hadn't noticed that his hood had fallen off in the chaos of the speeder chase. It was a costly mistake, a rookie mistake. Professionals don't make rookie mistakes, and professionals don't leave loose ends.

He whispers to Eliasan, "Stay behind me, and don't move. Do exactly as I say when I say it, and I'll make sure you get on that ship. Do you understand me?"

He then drops his case, takes a step forward, and puts his hands behind his head. "You caught me, I surrender."
Jun 15, 2015 3:36 pm
Seven stopped to watch the Imperial broadcast in a crowd of festival-goers. As it ended, Seven sighed heavily into his traditional Gank mask, pulled his hood over his head and started weaving between parade floats and revelers to make his way to a Spaceport console.

He thinks to himself, so much for this world. This one better find a way off this rock fast.

(OOC: Once he finds a console, he is going to slice in and try to find a vessel that is fueled, ready to go and fits the profile of a smuggling vessel. He's also going to try to grab some port departure codes to expedite things. Great suggestion ;) )
Jun 16, 2015 11:24 am
(OOC: Slicing difficulty for both is daunting, at 4 purple dice; great time to use some of your unique talents. Also, quick "story poke" for Wuc'vulog to move the plot along on that side.)

Wuc'vulog notices some noise coming over the comlink when it ceases. It sounded like a very quiet, muffled clicking, scraping, and an occasional breath. Then it comes to mind that he hasn't heard from Rand for awhile, and Rand has a heart condition of some sort.
Jun 16, 2015 5:04 pm
Stepping up to the console, Seven rubs the top of the console lovingly and whispers, "Hello my pretty, talk to me..." before pulling the cyberjack cable out of his forearm and inserting it into the interface. Testing the digital waters with his mind, he smiles behind his mask and whispers again, "Hey now...don't play hard to get." Wincing with effort, Seven focuses on tearing down the layers of security before him.

(OOC:Can I get a Boost die for some synergy with my rank in Undeworld to help spot a smuggling vessel? I probably won't need it...but you know, never hurts to ask. ;)
I'm also going to expend 2 strain on both attempts to lower the difficulty)

(oops)
Edit:
(OOC: If I can spend that Triumph to not set off any alarms so I can try again, that would be great. If you have a better idea or you think it'd work out better if I was on the run, I'm cool with that too.)
Last edited June 16, 2015 5:14 pm

Rolls

Slicing the spaceport computer to find a vessel

2 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Slicing - to find departure codes

5 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 4 Success

Jun 16, 2015 9:00 pm
Mado groans as his opponent places his card on the table. The Hutt he is playing against chuckles deeply, "Heh heh he, that's another game for me Mado." The Hutt's two heavily armed body guards move forward and stand menacingly close to the Rodian. The Hutt grins, "it looks like your debt is doubled. I accept credits... and service."

The Rodian slowly reaches for his pocket, his hand brushes up against the concealed blaster pistol en route to the last of his credits. It wasn't enough to resolve the problem, but, as credits and a promise often did, it might buy him some time. The bodyguards' fingers hover over their blaster triggers as Mado pulls the credits out and puts them and a small slip of paper on the table, "Here's half in credits and more than half in information."

The Hutt's grin twists into a frown, "Information is neither credits nor service. Why shouldn't I just have you shot." He reaches out and takes the offering, examining the credits and paper in turn.

"Where I have indicated you will find property valued at far more than I owe you." Mado stood as he spoke, "You know you can trust me. When have I ever deceived a Hutt?"

Before the Hutt could order his bodyguards to seize the Rodian, the Imperial message boomed throughout the small gambling den from the half dozen terminals throughout. As the message plays the colour drains from Mado's face, Imperials were the last people he wanted to deal with. At least, not until he figured out a way to clear the bounty he'd earned the last time he got too close to Imperial interests.

When the message finishes he tips his hat, says "That's my cue," and dashes out the backdoor. The Hutt's bodyguards make to follow, but are ordered to ignore him and get to work preparing for the impending Imperial occupation.

Mado heads directly for the starport. He is hoping for an opportunity to get off the planet and away from the Imperials, the Hutts and everyone else he'd soured recently. He'd been mighty unlucky as of late, and it was about time the fortunes gave him a break. He could easily stow away on a vessel amongst all of the chaos. The tricky part would be identifying which crew had the guts to take to the sky with the Imperial patrols in the air.
Jun 17, 2015 12:38 am
Wuc'vulog frowned at his comlink. He thought for a second and then realized that it had been a while since he heard from Rand. Okay, duck in quick and make sure he knows about the Imperial traffic.

Racing toward the Turtle, he slapped the loading ramp to lower and ran up to the cockpit. Rand lay there, dead to the world. Wuc'vulog quickly appraised him and determined that he was still alive, if barely. Must have been his heart. With expert medical training, he lay the unresponsive pilot on the floor and dragged him back to the bunk for now, making him comfortable.

"Rand's down, we need a pilot," he informed the comlink, before attending to Rand's care.
OOC: I've narrated this scenes resolution rather than roll for it. Let me know if you want some rolls.
Last edited June 17, 2015 12:39 am
Jun 17, 2015 2:11 pm
After retrieving the codes and locating The Turtle, Seven disconnects from the console and tucks the cyberjack into his forearm. As Seven takes off in a jog towards The Turtle's docking bay, he thinks to himself: The Turtle....please please let that name be ironic...
Jun 19, 2015 12:53 am
The officer sneers and takes a half step backward. "Oh yes, I've got you—traitor. My unit was nearly executed when you escaped. The only reason we were spared was because our superiors thought you'd died." He took a full step backward and grabbed his comlink from his belt, "Troopers to bay Besh 11, I have cornered a known traitor to the Empire!"

With a look of smugness, and eager anticipation, the officer puts the comlink back on his belt and moves to draw his pistol.

"Got you? You're not escaping this time, trooper. This time you face justice."

(OOC: If you're going to attempt to cold-cock him, make a Brawl check versus 2 purple. Otherwise, explain to me in the OOC thread, because we might need to kick into INITIATIVE-mode. Also, I think you still have the stun carbine with you but using that will take initiative.)

-----------------------------------

Because he had reacted quickly, Wuc'vulog saved Rand's life. The pilot was in stable condition, but was clearly in no shape the pilot the Turtle. In spite of Wuc'vulog's skill Glen would probably need to spend some extended treatment time in a medical facility to fully recover.

The troop carriers land in bays on opposite sides of the spaceport and disgorge fifty troops apiece. The troopers pair off into squads of two troopers, then fan out to take as many bays as they can. Scarcely were the landing craft empty before they took off again and departed in haste.

(OOC: Seven/Mado, I don't know how you guys want to enter your characters into the other scenes, so I'll leave that to your discretion. If you want me to help set something up, just post in the OOC thread and we'll hash it out.)
Jun 19, 2015 5:51 am
With his hands behind his head, Khan slips his brass knuckles out of the pouch at the base of his neck. He slides them on behind his head while the Imperial still has his face stuck to his comlink.

"Excuse me sir, but I believe you forgot something... Ark Troopers never surrender."

Khan rushes the officer and looks to deliver a knockout punch.

Rolls

Brawl (kicking ass and pretending the innumerable and faceless imperial hordes don't have names)

4 Success, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 2 Threat

Jun 23, 2015 2:38 am
(OOC: Your attack deals 4 damage and temporarily disorients the officer; it's your choice to deal the damage as wound or stun points. You have 3 rounds of disoriented, which I'll apply to a chase if you want to try and escape. Or you can go to initiative and try to finish him before troops arrive. Or even something I didn't anticipate, even. ;) )

The officer's face betrays his pain as Khan blow lands. He temporarily drops to the floor with a grunt, then scrambles back to his feet. "You always did fight dishonorably."
Jun 23, 2015 4:53 am
I'm dealing the damage as wounds.

"And yet here I am. Still alive."

Sliding off his left bracer, Khan pulls out his holdout blaster and points it at the officer's head.

"Give Master Valoris Merin my regards scumbag."
Last edited June 23, 2015 4:54 am

Rolls

Initiative

4 Advantage

Jun 26, 2015 5:23 pm
Seven checks behind him as he rounds a corner, jogging for the Turtle when he almost runs into the back of an Imperial officer that has a blaster leveled at his chest by a tough looking fringer with a military bearing.

Seven suddenly feels like the blaster hidden in his leg compartment isn't nearly close enough.

"Uh, fellas, innocent bystander here...don't want to get caught in the crossfire..."

Rolls

Initiative (Vigilance)

3 Advantage

Total: 3 Advantage

Jun 29, 2015 11:42 pm
(OOC: Oh dear, this will probably hurt. Initiative slots are: NPC, PC, PC. Negotiate/plan among yourselves in the OOC thread or by PM to plan who goes first.)

The officer staggers out of melee range, firing has he heads down the corridor to the next docking bay. Many of his shots hit Valoris as he retreats, almost as-if the blow to his head was nothing. Snarling in victory, he says, "There won't be a 'next time' today, Valoris."

(OOC: Disorient 1/3, and he's still standing. Valoris takes 11 damage before soak, so take 6 wounds. Also, the officer has Adversary 1 so upgrade your difficulty against him once.)

Rolls

Initiative w/setback for surprise

1 Success, 1 Triumph, 1 Failure

Total: 1 Triumph

Attack: Ranged (Light)

6 Success, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 5 Success, 1 Threat

Jun 30, 2015 7:37 am
"Well, you have my attention. I'm going to enjoy this."

Khan throws the holdout into his belt while running towards the Imperial. With a leap to close the distance, Khan looks to shatter the officer's skull.

(I will recover 2 strain with the advantages.)
Last edited June 30, 2015 7:39 am

Rolls

Haymaker (brawl)

4 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 4 Success, 2 Advantage

Jul 1, 2015 12:43 pm
Mado, moving at a respectable jog, enters the spaceport and peers into each hanger as he moves past them. So focused on finding a way out, he nearly stumbles into the brawl between the Imperial and two others. They are so focused on their confrontation that he manages to duck into the nearest docking bay and finds himself staring up at a ship, the ramp lowered and beckoning him to enter. The sounds of blaster fire coax him onward and he enters The Turtle without a second thought, looking for a quiet place to tuck himself away for the time being.
Jul 1, 2015 1:15 pm
Seven thinks to himself: I can't just let that Imperial gun down that guy in the street.

He draws his flashfire, points it at the Imperial and says, "Hey Buddy, don't you know the rules on Svivren? NO VIOLENCE!" pewpew

(OOC: I suck in combat, so I'm going to flip a destiny point)

Edit: (OOC: I'll spend the advantage to give Valoris a Boost on his next check.
Last edited July 1, 2015 1:18 pm

Rolls

Putting myself in danger for some guy I don't know (ranged light)

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure

Jul 2, 2015 12:23 am
Returning from the sleeping quarters, in which he had just secured the stricken pilot, to the loading ramp, Wuc'vulog spies the Rodian ducking up the lowered ramp. Picking up a spanner from a tool rack, Wuc'vulog adopts a threatening posture and says: "Unless you're a pilot on the run from Imperial troops and looking for a quick job and a ride off this rock, you're about to get, umm, wrenched."

Rolls

Presence+Cool to seem competent at spanner combat

3 Success, 3 Advantage

Total: 3 Success, 3 Advantage

Jul 2, 2015 2:27 am
"Now friend, there's no need for anyone to get wrenched. As it so happens, I am a pilot avoiding encounters with Imperial troops looking for a ride off this rock. The quick job, however, is a welcome bonus." Mado smiles, removes his hat and offers a quaint bow before replacing the hat on his head, "Mado Anyek at your service. Show me to the controls and tell me your destination. I trust you've got a way to avoid those orbital cannons? I'm a decent pilot, but I can't evade those beasts." My luck IS on the rise Mado thought to himself.
Jul 3, 2015 3:36 am
Yadda Yadda Yadda HAYMAKER PUNCH!

Rolls

brawl

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure

Jul 3, 2015 3:41 pm
The officer is prepared for Valoris this time and as the blow lands he partially blocks it with his left arm. With his right arm the officer jabs his blaster right in Khan's gut. "You're getting old, Khan, in your prime a blow like that would have knocked me out," he sneered. Then a second voice snapped him out of his gloating. What was a Gank, of all beings, doing pointing a blaster at an Imperial officer? Then the blaster bolt slammed into him, and ended all thoughts of indignation.

With a pained grunt, the officer turned on his heel and sprinted away from both beings, away from the Turtle's bay. "Troopers, arrest them both!" He shouted to someone around the corner. Two white-clad stormtroopers appear around the bend at a run with their blasters leveled.

(OOC:

Initiative is now NPC (officer), PC, PC, NPC (troopers); Kenny, I forgot to mention that initiative is open with no fixed order in EotE, so discuss who goes first with Thrakazog.

Range Bands:

Short: Officer (very wounded; adversary +1 upgrade)
  Medium: 2x Stormtroopers (unharmed; will engage on their turn)
  Long: none?
Jul 3, 2015 3:54 pm
Seven looks at the Brawler and says, "Hey, you want to stand and fight against these troopers or do you have a way off this rock? I'm not feeling welcome anymore."
Jul 3, 2015 9:49 pm
Khan drops to one knee and lines up a shot with his holdout. He whispers under his breath the same battle cry he'd screamed so many times before.

For the Republic.

(Can I use destiny points? How do those work?)
Last edited July 3, 2015 9:50 pm

Rolls

Kill Him (using the boost from seven)

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Failure

Total: 2 Advantage

Jul 3, 2015 10:49 pm
(OOC: You usually use a destiny point before your roll to upgrade the die pool. In your case this would swap 1 green die for a yellow. I wonder why I didn't think of this before, but I think you need to read these pages of the free Under a Black Sun adventure: 4 - 10 for dice pool and basic mechanics, and 12 for destiny points; any of the first 12 pages are highly relevant. Since you don't own the core rulebook, or didn't last I checked, please read those pages, edit your post and add a new roll with the destiny point [should you choose to spend it].)
Jul 3, 2015 11:03 pm
(Thanks. That helps a lot. I'll be doing that.)

Khan drops to one knee and lines up a shot with his holdout. He whispers under his breath the same battle cry he'd screamed so many times before.

For the Republic.

(Edit: Just to clarify, I'm trying to kill the officer before he gets away.)

Setback die for both of the troopers as they see I'm one of them. (2 advantages)
Last edited July 6, 2015 7:04 pm

Rolls

Take the Shot

3 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Failure

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

Jul 6, 2015 2:08 pm
Seven looks at Valoris -- "Hey Buddy! Those are Imperial Stormtroopers and they probably have friends close by. We have to get out of here! Do you have a ship?'
Last edited July 6, 2015 2:08 pm
Jul 7, 2015 12:12 am
Khan's blaster bolt strikes the officer in the between his shoulder blades. With a cry he pitches forward and collapses at the feet of the advancing troopers. Smoke slowly rises from the back of his uniform as he lies still on the hard duracrete floor.

(OOC: Still your turn Thrakazog. I figured it'd be good to resolve the damage on the officer.)
Jul 7, 2015 3:03 am
(OOC: sorry. Thought I was waiting for the troopers to go. )

Seven hops into a nearby load lifter and attempts to overload its power cells and aims it in the direction of the troopers and sets it going and dives out the other side. (OOC: I'm going to assume that I need to take some strain for a second maneuver)

Rolls

Overloading power cells (Mech)

4 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 1 Advantage

Jul 7, 2015 10:21 pm
(OOC: Not a problem. Also, I consider the movement to consist of 1 maneuver.)

The load lifter careens down the corridor and lists to its left side as its internal repulsor lifts begin to short out. It slams into the leftmost trooper just as it explodes, showering the other trooper with debris even as he's slammed against the wall. He moans, and you can just hear the comlink activate from that range.

"Send reinforcements to bay Besh 11. A rebel human and gank have killed TK-32201 and LR-893."

The trooper then crawls to his blaster and fires at Seven.

(OOC: Hit, total 10 damage; you take 6 wounds. I'm going to rule that this trooper is incapacitated and cannot pursue if you book it down the corridor. Just don't forget to take the good doctor with you.)

Rolls

Ranged (Heavy)

3 Success, 2 Failure

Jul 8, 2015 5:17 am
Khan grabs the doctor, his lockbox, and sprints down the corridor. He shouts back to the Gank, "We best get moving friend, follow me!"
Jul 8, 2015 4:40 pm
Seven holds his side where the Stormtroopers blaster fire hit and takes off in a run after Khan.
"I'm right behind you! Lead the way!"
Jul 10, 2015 1:10 am
Valoris, Seven, and Doctor Eliasan sprint down the corridor for a short distance, before reaching the Turtle's docking bay. No stormtroopers are in sight at the moment.

(OOC: At last, one unified party!)
Jul 11, 2015 1:44 am
Hearing the commotion, Wuc'vulog tries to keep an eye on his new 'pilot' and waves on Khan excitedly while readying to raise the ramp.
Jul 13, 2015 9:29 pm
Seven makes his way up the ramp behind Khan and nods at Wuc as he passes him.
"Don't mind me...I just need a ride off this rock. I've seem to have worn out my welcome."
Jul 13, 2015 9:56 pm
"That seems to be what unites us." Mado tips his hat and introduces himself to the rest of the crew as they board, "so, about getting past those orbital cannons. Any ideas? I can fly a ship pretty damned well, but I'm not a miracle worker and I can't shake the locks before we'll have been reduced to space dust."
Jul 14, 2015 4:59 am
"Well, I can't really help with that. My skill set is pretty specific. If we need someone to do the shooting, I can oblige."
Jul 15, 2015 2:51 am
As the rest of the crew board, Callista has her score splayed out over the dejarik table, doling it out with Rexi.

"Hey all, what's the news?"
Last edited July 15, 2015 2:52 am
Jul 16, 2015 1:42 pm
Wuc'vulog says "greetings, Mado." I'm a passable ship's gunner, but I have no skill with bypassing locks, electronic or otherwise. He makes eye contact with his ship mates, smiling warmly yet grimly.
Jul 16, 2015 3:13 pm
Mado starts to walk towards the front of the ship, or wherever it is the pilot goes, and as he does so he shrugs his shoulders and says - loud enough that he's certain everyone hears - "The way I see it, this ship will be vaporized whether we stay docked or take to the skies. So, I'm just going to start the launch sequence and hope that before we reach orbit someone figures out how to deal with the cannons."
Jul 16, 2015 4:28 pm
Seven walks beside Mado and taps a few commands into his datapad before handing it to Mado. "I think these departure clearance codes might come in handy". "My callsign is 'Seven', by the way. You can call me 'Seven'".
Jul 16, 2015 4:54 pm
"I'm getting luckier by the minute." Mado takes the datapad and continues to the cockpit. Upon arrival, he takes off his hat as he sits down and places it on the console. He begins to initiate the launch sequence, flipping switches and familiarizing himself with the controls of The Turtle, before entering the clearance codes and making an announcement, "Buckle up. Next stop space, and after that we'll have to discuss what rock we're landing on next."
Jul 16, 2015 5:33 pm
Khan suddenly pops his head into the cockpit. Clearing his throat, he adopts a very rigid and rehearsed business like tone.

"Your ship has been contracted by my client to take her to a medical conference in the Tapani sector in 4 weeks time. Until then, as long as we are within range of that area and able to attend the conference on time you may take your ship where you please with little complaint from me or my client. Our only reservations will be if we feel the destination may be dangerous for her, as such I wish to be kept up to date with any information on our heading at all times."

Dropping the demeanor, his face softens and he claps a hand on Seven's shoulder.

"Now that that's over with, thanks for the help back there Seven. And thanks to the rest of you for the ship."
Jul 16, 2015 9:12 pm
Seven looks over at Khan, "You had me worried for a minute there, but I see you enjoy a good fight. You would get along with my siblings well."
Seven says to Mado, "Those codes should get us out of here, but I would suggest you try to 'fly casual' until we can make the jump. Let's hope your luck holds up!"
Jul 16, 2015 9:47 pm
"Ah, so we have another job, do we? Excellent!" Callista grins at Khan.
Jul 16, 2015 10:15 pm
Eliasan finished stowing her equipment in the cargo hold, then straightened with a start. She hurried off in search of Khan, and found him with everyone else.

"Valoris, did you notice where Pepra got off to? He was right behind us—"

No sooner did the words leave her mouth than Pepra appeared on the monitors, running full tilt from the corridor toward the ship. Four stormtroopers burst out from the corridor behind, and let loose with a barrage of stun blasts. The troopers swiftly blasted Pepra into unconsciousness, and took aim at the Turtle. Their sergeant braced a heavy repeating blaster and took aim.

"Unidentified vessel. Power down your engines or we will open fire!"

(OOC: spending a darkside point... 7L /3D)
Jul 16, 2015 11:03 pm
Wuc'vulog straps himself into the ventral turret, and waits for Mado to start the engine sequence before also powering up the quad lasers. He pulls on a headset and keys the cockpit: "Ventral turret is manned. We shooting or talking our way off planet?" He spins them around 360 in readiness. "Damn, stormtroopers are in our bay, and someone is down on the ground? Is that one of ours?"
Jul 16, 2015 11:45 pm
Khan runs for his lockbox and blasts the case open with his holdout. Grabbing the rifle within, Khan makes his way to the ramp and lowers it. He calls to the cockpit before descending the ramp.

"Give me 30 seconds before we take off!"
Jul 17, 2015 1:37 pm
Mado starts the engine sequence, "Twenty-nine."
Jul 17, 2015 5:11 pm
Khan radios to the guns, "Cover me, I'm going in."

Rolls

Initiative (Cool?)

1 Success, 1 Triumph

Total: 1 Success, 1 Triumph

Jul 17, 2015 5:23 pm
Seven straps himself in and says to no one in particular. "There is a traditional Gank battlecry that became popular when we fought against the Old Republic. The rumor is that it was the name of a great General and after he fell in battle, his troops started shouting his name: 'L'rooy!'. It seems appropriate here."
Jul 17, 2015 7:26 pm
"Imperial entanglements, huh? Such a bother." She gets up and runs towards the ramp of the ship, hoping to be of assistance.

Rolls

Initiative

2 Success

Total: 2 Success

Jul 17, 2015 10:28 pm
OOC: Seven will unbuckle and move to the ramp on his turn.

Rolls

initiative

1 Success

Jul 18, 2015 12:56 am
Wuc'vulog's lekku twitch with excitement. It may be unwise to fire these inside the bay, but I think everything has gone to darkspace as it is he thinks.

Rolls

Initiative

3 Success

Total: 3 Success

Jul 18, 2015 1:57 am
OOC:

I think it's hilarious that the stormtroopers are better at handling surprise, rather than a reasoned attack. Maybe that's the cause of the "stormtrooper effect"?

Initiative Slots:

PC
PC
PC
PC
NPC

Make sure to discuss initiative slots in the OOC thread. It might make sense for Khan to make his turn last, so the others can clear a path before he's gunned down.

Rolls

NPC initiative

1 Success

Jul 20, 2015 4:17 pm
Wuc'vulog triggers the comlink with his thumb: "Firing ventral turret!" and then picks the stormtrooper in the middle of the group for his attention. Gritting his teeth, he fires.

Rolls

2 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 2 Advantage

Jul 21, 2015 1:24 am
Wuc'vulog's first shot was dead accurate, which struck the first trooper in his chest. That trooper was knocked off his feet and didn't stir once. The two other troopers scattered and were just as quickly cut down.

Meanwhile, the stormtrooper sergeant finishes unslinging his light repeating blaster and takes cover from Wuc'vulog's devastating fire.

(OOC: Next! Assume the sergeant has near total cover from the ventral turret (3 black) but only minor cover from the loading ramp and Pepra's position (1 black))
Jul 24, 2015 5:47 pm
Seven crouches down to try to get a good shot off at the Sergeant, take a steady aim and fires.

Edit: Looks like a wash. I'd like to use the triumph to upgrade the difficulty on the Sergeant's next check. Maybe my shot hit whatever he is hiding behind and some debris is obscuring his vision.
Last edited July 24, 2015 5:52 pm

Rolls

Pew Pew Pew @ the Sergeant

1 Success, 1 Triumph, 1 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 3 Threat, 1 Triumph

Jul 24, 2015 8:00 pm
Khan charges down the ramp towards Pepra, unloading his rifle at the Imperial Sargent.

Two strain for the extra move to get to Pepra and shooting.

Rolls

Ima Firin' Mah Lazorz! (Heavy)

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Jul 25, 2015 8:53 pm
The stormtrooper sergeant hunkers down behind the crates and shifts out of the incoming fire. He is pinned completely, but spots his opportunity to shoot Valoris. The sergeant takes his time and aims carefully before unloading with his light repeater. Blast after blast hits the clone trooper, crippling his left arm, till the damage is so great that he drops unconscious.

(OOC: Yow! 15 damage vs 5 soak (-1 for pierce) is 11 wounds for Khan. He is now at 17 wounds and is incapacitated, plus takes a critical hit. Khan's left arm is now crippled until the wound is successfully healed (by Wuc'vulog or Eliasan) or replaced (by cybernetics)...)

Rolls

Ranged (Heavy)

4 Success

Total: 4 Success

Critical Hit - (1d100)

(99) = 99

Jul 26, 2015 2:23 am
"He's ducked behind those crates, I'll wait for his head to pop up and then... frag that, duck!" Wuc'vulog squeezes his whole body against the turrent and aims at the center of the sergeant's cover.
Taking strain for two maneuvers: Brace and Aim.

Rolls

Gunnery

3 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Failure

Total: 1 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Jul 26, 2015 11:31 am
Fiery death pours from the Turtle's ventral turret and obliterates the crates and the storm trooper sergeant. By the time the smoke clears, nothing else is visible save a heavily charred corpse and wrecked, shouldering crates. The air is acrid with smoke from whatever was in those crates.

(OOC: combat ends, the party is victorious!)
Jul 28, 2015 3:36 am
Gasping for breath, Khan crawls forward towards Pepra's unconscious body. As he reaches the man he whispers reassuringly, "Don't worry brother. I've got you." The second the words leave his mouth, he passes out from his own wounds with a curse.
Jul 28, 2015 3:45 pm
"Clean up in aisle 3. The STs are down, go get our people," Wuc'vulog says into the comlink.
Jul 28, 2015 3:52 pm
Mado continues entering the engine ignition codes and preparing the ship for takeoff. He clicks on the com and says, "ten" He wouldn't leave with out them, he wasn't that kind of Rodian. But, he thought it was good to remind them that they were on the clock and that the longer they delayed the more trouble they'd have getting into the sky and getting out of orbit.
Jul 28, 2015 4:49 pm
Seven rushes down the ramp and picks up Khan carefully, hoping not to injure him further. He looks at Calista and says, "I've got him, you grab the other guy. I'm sure every trooper for a parsec heard that and will be hear soon."
Jul 29, 2015 7:51 pm
"I got Pepra!" Callista yells as she drags the unconscious body to the deck, "Let's get outta here before their friends come looking."
Aug 2, 2015 1:44 pm
Seven closes the ramp behind him and shouts: "Mado, we're back on the ship. Kindly get us the hell out of here!"
Aug 3, 2015 7:44 pm
"Buckle up." Mado relays over the comms before entering the final launch codes and starting to broadcast the signal code Seven gave him for avoiding the attention of the orbital cannons.
Aug 4, 2015 12:17 pm
The automated launch systems at the space port control center grant authorization for the Turtle to launch. The hangar doors retract to reveal open sky, and the occasional tie fighter zipping by. No storm troopers have appeared in the bay yet, though it's only a matter of time.
Aug 5, 2015 4:15 am
Wuc'vulog thumbs the com link once more. "Alright, every body, let's try and get out of here without any more excitement. Mabo, fly like you're bored or something." He leans back in his turret and rolls it into a casual looking orientation, folds his hands back behind his head and under his lekku.
Aug 7, 2015 11:21 pm
Seven puts Khan down on a cot and straps him in. "Hey, does anyone have a medkit...and know how to use it?"
Aug 8, 2015 1:09 am
Dr Eliasan walks into the room behind Seven, clearly struggling to carry her traveling case. It was large and unwieldy, not heavy. She set it down at the foot of the cot with a thunk.

"Yes, I believe I have something better than a medkit here. I'm not merely a researcher, but a doctor as well." She knelt by her case and unlocked it. With a hiss and a puff of evaporating nitrogen, she quickly withdrew a familiar looking bacta applicator and something that didn't look at all like bacta. "Assuming that we don't have any Imperial trouble before we jump, I'll could use some help if anyone else is medically trained. That arm worries me."

Thinking better of using the applicator first, she set it aside and went to an external compartment on the case. With a tap to an external latch, the outside of the case opened to reveal a small medical kit. She withdrew a stimpack and stuck it in her pocket. Eliasan removed Khan's helmet and moved the neckguard aside before she injected him with the stimpack.

She leaned over him and slapped his cheeks gently, saying, "Valoris! Are you still with me?"

(OOC: A stimpack restores 5 wounds, so Valoris is now under his wound threshold [at 12 wounds] and may regain consciousness.)
Aug 8, 2015 3:22 am
Valoris reaches up and squeezes her hand. As he regains his senses, he smiles at the doctor.

"Never left Doc. This is nothing compared to Utapau."

Khan moves her hand across his chest directly over his heart. A massive scar remains from where he was shot dead for several minutes.

"I'll be alright. Just get my arm fixed so I don't have to fire my rifle one handed."
Aug 11, 2015 4:53 pm
Seven looks from the Doctor to Khan. "Is that a euphemism? Wait, nevermind...don't answer that. Maybe I should leave you two alone. I should check the engine room and put my tools away anyway."

Seven backs out of the room and makes his way to the engine room with his backpack.
Aug 11, 2015 5:14 pm
Wuc'vulog, the crews medic, is intending to remain in the turret until we've cleared the imperial entanglements. As such, he probably wouldn't hear Elisan's request for assistance.
Aug 11, 2015 5:16 pm
Khan laughs loudly until the pain of his injuries comes rushing back.

"Son of a bantha that hurts!" He coughs as he clutches at his wounds.
Aug 11, 2015 7:10 pm
"If you would learn some discretion, Khan, you wouldn't be in this mess, now would you? I keep trying to teach you…one day I won't be there to pull your butt out of the fire, and you'll wish you had listened to me," Callista says with a warm smile as she places her hand on his shoulder, reassuringly.
Aug 11, 2015 7:15 pm
Mado does his best to fly the ship casually and purposefully past the imperials. They have codes after all, which means they definitely belong.
Aug 12, 2015 2:01 am
Two TIE Fighters break from the patrol around the space port, and fall into escort, or pursuit, position. After a few moments of tense silence, the Turtle receives a comm ping and orders to fly directly to the Harasser for scanning. There is also a terse reminder that any attempt to flee and they will be fired upon.

It looks like the comm codes have held up.
Aug 14, 2015 10:24 pm
Mado relays the circumstance to the rest of the crew, "They want us to fly to the Harasser for scanning, and I assume after that will let us out. How do we feel about submitting to that request?" While waiting for their reply he directs the ship towards the scanning point, ensuring to all outside observers that it's obvious that the Turtle is going to submit to scanning. Although he does, true to the ships name, ensure that they are taking their sweet time getting there.
Last edited August 14, 2015 10:25 pm
Aug 14, 2015 10:34 pm
Seven replies from the engine room, "I think we'll have to submit. I would suggest starting your astrogation routines now, just in case. I'll come up to the bridge in case I'm needed for countermeasures."
Aug 18, 2015 2:43 pm
Wuc'vulog, once free from the blockade, makes his way to the cockpit, and requests Mado to make for Bpfaash. He then examines the datapad he got from 'Max' and heads off to find Rexi to discuss a possible side mission.
Aug 22, 2015 10:13 pm
As the Turtle approaches the Harasser the scale of the corvette is immediately apparent. The Turtle is roughly 35 meters long, but beside the Raider-class corvette it is a fifth the length of the larger vessel. There was nearly no comparison: the Raider-class corvette was designed to handle fighters and similar scale vessels. The Turtle was a smugglers dream—but it wasn't a warship, just a heavily modified light freighter.

"Hold your present course and prepare for scanning," the officer ordered, his voice slightly tinny due to the comms, "If you deviate course we will open fire."

As the Turtle flew into the Harasser's sensor range sensor alerts pinged in the cockpit. They were being scanned, and thoroughly so. The scan went on for several minutes before ceasing suddenly. No other freighters appeared on the sensors, at least on this side of the planet. With a crackle the comm channel opened once more.

"You are clear to proceed, Turtle. You may jump when ready."

(OOC: Make an Astrogation (Int) check at easy [1p] difficulty to plot your course. Anyone can technically do this.)
Aug 29, 2015 2:26 pm
With clearance to go, Mado doesn't hesitate. He sets a course and hits the comms, "Holding onto something is probably a good idea." and the Turtle leaps into hyperspace.

Rolls

Hyperspaaaace

4 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 1 Advantage

Aug 31, 2015 9:11 pm
Seven heads to the bay to check on Khan and Pepra.

"Hey...looks like we are under way." *Winks at Khan* " Maybe we'll have a few minutes before someone shoots you again."
"I don't know if you are incredibly brave or completely insane for charging out there against all those imperials. I think my own family would have left me there to rot. I hope Pepra appreciates it."

OOC: I know he is a NPC now, but Is Pepra awake?
Aug 31, 2015 9:34 pm
"Ha! I hope someone starts shooting soon. I'm starting to get stir crazy. Hey Doc, anything you can do for the arm?"
Sep 1, 2015 1:24 am
The Turtle jumps to hyperspace without even a stutter. The ship settles in to the jump, and soon the familiar sounds of the jump drive are low and steady.

By the time Seven returns to the medical bay, Pepra is blinking furiously under the bright light that Dr Eliasan has set up. Clearly unused to a ship's medical bay, she has been configuring the bay to her satisfaction. At least, as much as a ship's medbay could be reconfigured. Surgical implements were out on the table, as were an anesthetic patch, the hyposprayer she got out first, and just about any other tool the medbay and her own gear could provide.

With a bit of a glare at Valoris, she walks to the intercom, "Yes, only I'm more of a researcher and less than a surgeon. You'll be lucky to have use of that arm when I'm through. I can develop hyposprayers and stimulants, but surgery on a crippling wound like yours ... that takes a lot of training."

She punches the intercom, and the concern is plain in her voice, "Valoris' wound is quite bad and I'm not a skilled surgeon. Is there anyone with medical experience on board who can at least help me?"

"What happened?" Comes a moan from the other bed as Pepra sits upright, shakily, "I feel like a gundark hugged my skull!"
Sep 6, 2015 2:18 am
Wuc'vulog detours from his route to find Rexi, and instead makes his way to the medbay. Seeing the organized disarray, he smiles at the doctor. "Doctor, I'm Wuc'vulog, one of your hosts and ships medic. I am a trained surgeon and would be happy to see to your companion. Would you care to assist?" His lekku twitch sensually, until he sees the damage done to the man's arm. "Vape! No time."

Wuc'vulog rearranges the tools to his own liking, and prepares for surgery.
Sep 6, 2015 7:03 pm
Eliasan breathed a sigh of relief and moved aside to allow Wuc'vulog room beside Khan. "Yes, his arm is very bad and with my skill I'm worried that he'll lose it. I'm glad you're here."

Now, with a trained surgeon, Eliasan set the operation in motion. She quickly put on sterile gloves and injected Khan with an anesthetic. It would be more merciful for him if he wasn't awake for what was coming...

Rolls

Eliasan's Medicine Check

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 3 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 2 Threat

Sep 6, 2015 7:40 pm
Wuc'vulog smiles friendly at his assistant. One they are finished prepping the patient for surgery, he begins. His friendly demeanor drops, his lekku hang rigidly down his back out of the way, and he begins.

Rolls

Arm Surgery

4 Success, 8 Advantage, 5 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 3 Advantage

Sep 7, 2015 6:43 pm
Several hours later the surgery was completed. The injury was quite deep, but the speed at which they were able to treat it allowed Wuc'vulog and Eliasan to save the use of that limb. It would have quite the scar, but would still be functional with no penalties to its use.

"Doctor," Eliansan said respectfully, and handed a mild stimulant patch to Wuc'vulog. "Thank you for your work. Valoris won't admit it, I'm certain, but I think he feels the effects of his advanced aging more each year."

(OOC: Valoris regains 5 wounds and no longer has a crit! Also, since everyone has had a breather everyone recovers all their stress points.)
Sep 9, 2015 1:17 pm
While Khan is being worked on, Seven tries to engage Callista and Mado in conversation. Being the blunt-type, his opener is "So, what are you guys running from?"
Sep 9, 2015 1:32 pm
I shrug, "Hutts, usually. Imperials most of the time." I shudder, "Mostly though I try to run towards treasure, forgotten ruins and relics of the past. Not only is it an accomplishment to dig something up, but those kinds of goods usually sell for a pretty penny."
Sep 18, 2015 2:15 am
After surgery, Wuc'vulog washes Khan's midichlorians off. He thanks the researcher for assisting, and then heads for his bunk. Halfway there, he pauses, and turns towards where he might find Rexi.

He explains the secret mission that he received and will give the data pad to Rexi. "40k creds buys a lot of death sticks. Sorry, I meant fine Neimodian caviar. I think this crew we've gathered have a broad base of skills and we've got a shot. Think we should go for it?"
Sep 26, 2015 10:01 pm
Wuc'vulog rounds everyone up and has them gather in such space large enough for them all to fit.

"I'm Wuc'vulog, in case I missed introducing myself. The craft we are on we call The Turtle. We're currently on route to Bpfaash, where we hope to do a little work. Our goal, as I understand it, is we need to get the Doctor here," he bows to Eliason, "to a conference in a few weeks time. Khan and Callista are assiting him, if Im not mistaken? In the meantime, I picked up a side job hence the detour.".

He pauses and sizes up the others. "I'm a doctor, and a gunner here on The Turtle. Our pilot, Rand, has taken ill quite suddenly, and so our new friend Mado here has volunteered to assist. I didn't ask, Mado, but how long can we impose on your services for?". He looks at Khan and Callista friendily. "Of course, I should add that if any of you kindly assist in our efforts, you will be cut into the payment."
Sep 26, 2015 10:02 pm
I shrug, "If this is a paid gig, as long as it keeps payin'. If this is a volunteer service, as long as it continues to serve me."
Sep 29, 2015 10:34 pm
Dr Eliasan nodded to everyone. "Yes, I'm paying for travel to the Tapani sector. I'm offering 14k for transport if we're on time, and 17k if we're early. The reason my offered price is so high, is because I expect the bacta cartel to try and interfere. That's also why I hired Valoris, as I expect them to attempt to either steal my research or assassinate me. But its far harder for them to track a ship through the galaxy, than a woman on a planet. Pepra helped protect me from tracking and keep my data secure."
Oct 6, 2015 8:11 pm
Seven looks around at the rest of the crew. "I am called 'Seven', If I'm being modest...I'm a reaaaaally good slicer...like 'stealing Imperial secrets' good. I'm also a passable mechanic and could certainly help this ship stay aloft". "I'd be happy to join the crew for this job and more if we seem to mesh."

Thread locked