How do you handle Cortex Prime on GP

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 17, 2023 1:51 pm
As far as I know in this system you first roll your dice pool and then choose two for the value and third for the effect, yes?

So how do you do this in GP environment? You first roll and then edit the post? Or post your choices in the next post? Or are there better ways in GP to handle such "choosing die from result pool" systems?

Any other advices with handling Cortex Prime/such systems here?

There are two Cortex Prime games on GP, but they are unfortunately private so I couldn't check it:(
Aug 17, 2023 2:17 pm
Yes, with Cortex, I would roll first and then edit the post afterwards, unmarking the minor edit box when I'm done, so that even the ones who already saw the post before will see the finished version.
Aug 17, 2023 8:14 pm
I agree

When I ran a cortex prime game on another site, that’s what we did. I’d have them write what they wanted to say, up to the point of rolling. Then roll. Then narrate the the roll using their traits to help sell their choices in dice selection.

If they couldn’t type up a reasonable rationale for why they selected those die, then we’d have to redo it.
Aug 17, 2023 9:02 pm
Cortex Prime is a rather meta-heavy game, with lots of talk about the dice. You need to discuss which dice apply, which dice you are using, then which dice you are keeping and for what.

It doesn't really matter how your group handles these things, so long as they are clear. You can do a major edit, post a new post, state it in OOC or even 'Discord'. Each roll needs a fair bit of talk, but it should all be close together without too much outside interference, so, so long as everyone can easily tell when things have moved or been resolved, it does not matter much which technique the group decides on.
Aug 18, 2023 1:14 am
Ok, thanks for all answers!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.