Small Suggestion

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 18, 2016 4:55 pm
The ability to mark forums or a thread as Character only would be great. Just a little check box that makes it so anyone who posts does so automatically as their character.

I for one forget alot, and am not sure there is a way to change it afterwards.

Just a small suggestion.
Aug 18, 2016 5:00 pm
If you edit the post, you can change if it's being posted as a player or as the character.

The only problem with this option is that some people are going to have more than one character in a specific game.
Aug 18, 2016 5:19 pm
Yah, that's the reason I didn't add this. When the forum upgrade is complete, maybe I can look into creating an option for "primary character"? The problem is this can change thread to thread, so where would I add this in thread options that a non-admin can see?
Aug 18, 2016 5:28 pm
Yeah even if you make a mistake you simply click Edit and change it over from Player to character. :-)
Aug 18, 2016 5:49 pm
Oh I didn't know you could change it thats awesome!
And I guess bigger games might have people playing more than one character. So that would get confusing. Was just a thought.
Aug 18, 2016 6:08 pm
I'm open to considering an idea like this; I just can't think of how I'd implement it.
Aug 20, 2016 3:32 pm
How hard would it be for you to make it so a DM making the thread/sub-forum could tick a box saying 'Characters Only' and then when people go to post it doesn't give them an option to post as player? People with one character wouldn't have to worry at all, and people with more than one per game would be used to switching anyways.
Aug 20, 2016 3:53 pm
Not hard. As I consider it a non-essential update, it'll be mid priority, but as I'm updating the forums anyway, I can throw it into that.
Aug 21, 2016 9:12 pm
Thanks! Good to know you're working away.
Aug 22, 2016 6:37 am
I suggest (if you will be implementing this feature at some point) you have the checkbox/tag be "Ingame", "In character" or something like it. You can then have it default to (one of the) characters, instead of the player. Come to think of it, defaulting to the player in the case of multiple characters might be best, to avoid posting as the wrong character.

This way you can still post as the player if you need to for some reason, and you'll might be able to use the tag for other features in the future (color coding ingame/out of character threads etc.).
Aug 22, 2016 11:29 am
I've been curious about diff colors/more options for the player/GM. Right now, I'm thinking in the thread options, when you make a thread, have a checkbox that says "Default to post in character", and then it'd operate as you said (pick the char is there's only one, and to player if there's multiple). What do you think?
Aug 22, 2016 11:50 am
I think that would work.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.