PbP 5e experiment

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 19, 2016 2:37 pm
I am thinking of running a one DM one Player game where the player begins as a wizard apprentice. Rules would be changed a bit to fit the type of play. Most of the gameplay would be RP, puzzles and problem solving.

Concept:
Enter The Magus is a wizard apprentice campaign. Your character arrives at the door steps of The Magus, the most powerful and secretive magic society in the world. You will enter The Magus with only the clothes on your back and a letter of introduction.

This not a school. It is a place where wizards do very very dangerous things. You are just hoping to learn something and not get killed in the process.

This will be loosely based on D&D 5e rules. Your character will start out at 0 level. No skills, no proficiencies, no spells. Only the ability to read and write.

Everything will be learned on the way.

CHARACTER GENERATION INFO
Standard array stats only. Use any race from PhB only. No variant humans. Don't choose a class. Do choose a background but may need to work on what to keep and what to let go depending on character back story.

Anybody think this would be interesting.
Aug 19, 2016 3:59 pm
I'd be interested, but question: would we start with actual ability scores or any of our race's traits?
Aug 19, 2016 7:01 pm
Cosmic it sounds like he means the Standard score from pg.13 ln. 11 of the PHB

Also, this sounds like a really cool idea.
Aug 19, 2016 11:53 pm
Thanks for the interest. Walrustopia is correct I mean Standard score from pg.13 ln. 11 of the PHB.

How many games are each of you in?

And if we post once per day is that doable? If I torture (in a storytelling way) your characters because they are apprentices is that ok? If there isn't much action (particularly in the beginning) but more puzzle/problem solving is that OK? Are you willing to work with me on how the mechanics might work?

If so send the game a request and we can start CharGen
Aug 20, 2016 12:01 am
I'm only in one active game currently, and I'm fine with any of that.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.