CH 5 : Cursed Cemetery of Paphos

Sep 25, 2023 11:44 am
OOC:
Story continued form Here
Ariving back at the base, that is move of a small setlement at this point and some have started calling it New Paphos, you head to the tavern you check on the Notice board and see things have changed a bit. It seems the necromancers are becoming a bit more of a concern. Odd as they are on the far side of the city, past several other Remnant and the fortress occupied by the orcs. Thee library stil is on the list but the priate comission is new...
[ +- ] Notice Board
After your meal you split of for your owne personal activities.

Mord (Smith)

Psybermagi

Sep 25, 2023 11:54 am
[ +- ] Stryker with the Blacksmith & Quandrium
Sep 25, 2023 1:45 pm
"I assure you sir, no insult is intended. I simply have specific needs. There is no great rush, I have a week maybe a bit more until my next mission. I’ll let you know if the time frame changes. Take your time and if you need more then so be it. Honor the god metal and yourself."

Stryker fills Nash in on the ore and smelting "Looks like this will be a challenge for the blacksmith. It’s his first go with Quadanium. He’s not really sure how much metal he’s going to be able to squeeze out of it but I think there should be enough for my commission and perhaps a weapon or 2."

"If we encounter those beings of light again, and they turn hostile, Quadanium weapons will be quite effective."
OOC:
Stryker will be taking the Hellfire Longsword from the vault
Last edited September 25, 2023 3:08 pm
Sep 25, 2023 4:55 pm
It seems the time has come to put the death wizards down. Recuperate as best you can before then, as dealing with casters always requires your best. In the meantime, I will be returning to the Tower for some training.
Sep 25, 2023 4:57 pm
I’ll be keeping the kitty company. Plus, there were some books there I wanted to read when I had the chance. Klim says cheerfully and he and Jax prepare to head to the Tower.
Sep 25, 2023 5:54 pm
Stryker gives a shudder, dealing with wizards are bad enough but necromancers…

"Could be a tough fight, but putting them down will help out the fort tremendously. I’m up for it. Lets just make sure we are well prepared."
Sep 26, 2023 1:21 am
Day 70

You send a couple days adjusting your gear and getting some training in as you disuss where to go next.
OOC:
Current training schedule is 3 days training 2 days working for 60% training rate
Each character can designate 1 downtime activity which are listed/tracked in the Handout Links & Downtime spoiler

I still need a consensus on where to go next or i hve one in mind that will start getting pushed by DM/NPC
Day 75
Sep 26, 2023 9:03 am
We may need to discuss details with expedition leaders, based on reward they seem to agree with Stryker on how tough this may be.
Nuada also advocate talking to clerk about the private request. He don't share the reason, but his curiosity is obvious, even surprising.
Sep 26, 2023 3:36 pm
"Good Idea Nuada, I was thinking the same thing. I was planning on vistiting Fiznik and you are welcome to join me if you like."
Sep 27, 2023 12:47 am
Before jumping into a necromancer’s crypt, Stryker tries to get a feel for what they may be up against. The bounty on this job is quite high indicating difficulty and that planning will greatly increase survivability. Fiznik the resident master of magic seems like a good starting place for advice on such matters.

Heading out to visit Fiznik

"Well met wizard. I hope the issues with dark fae have been resolved! If you had a moment I would like to have a quick chat in regards to necromancers. Specifically that job assignment I saw on the notice board. The crew has been mulling over that job but I thought it would be a good idea to talk to you first. Whatever information you can share could mean the difference between success and failure."
Sep 27, 2023 4:36 am
[ +- ] Fiznik
[ +- ] Lord Felspar
[ +- ] Lady Sellindra
The Clerk
[ +- ] The Necromancers
[ +- ] The Private request
Sep 27, 2023 11:32 am
Nuada ask if we can take a look at the map together? If Remnant contested by Hobgoblins is between our based and necromancers... and much closer to to necromancers that they are to our base - then they are probably busy with each other at the moment.
OOC:
Probably this is an option: Infiltrating one of the Remnants, while Hobgoblins and Orcs are busy with undead. Then use the leverage to force them sign treaty about fighting undead together.
Sep 27, 2023 12:23 pm
[ +- ] area map
Sep 27, 2023 1:41 pm
OOC:
FYI If conversation comes up about the Orcs, Stryker would be strongly opposed to working with them in any way. They are responsible for his horrible scarring and injuries that forced him to step down from active military duty.
Sep 27, 2023 2:18 pm
Styrker gives a bow of reverence and thanks the priests for the wisdom shared. He purchases 5 vials of Holy Oil and 3 vials of the Radiant Water. 80 Gp + 10 Gp Donation.

When the team gets together, Stryker relays what he has learned about the necromancers, and of course points them in the direction of the priests if anyone needs or Holy Oil or Water

"Well what do you think? Personally Id like to try and take them down."
Sep 27, 2023 6:56 pm
OOC:
Buying two Radiant Water potion
After look at the map
Oh they are on different sides of the river, I see.
I don't like going so far into enemy territory before we deal with them. Besides fighting or tricking some Orcs would be more fun than destroying undead, but I'm up for whatever the party decides. This has been a pleasure fight side by side with you.
Sep 28, 2023 2:27 pm
I think we’ve left the necromancers alone for too long as it is. We should probably get to that now before it becomes too big to handle.‘I don’t much like the idea of trying to wrangle hobs and orcs to fight with us. Klim says, as Jax goes off to buy 2 vials of holy water.
Last edited September 28, 2023 2:27 pm

clerk

Psybermagi

Sep 29, 2023 2:40 am
clerk
The clerk explains that the scouts are unsure how much the orcs and hobgoblins are paying to the undead and necromancers. The expedition encountered them early on so have been tracking their activities. Their are some signs the necromancers are not in open conflict with either group, which is odd as the orcs and hobgoblins are definitely fighting each other. Even more so than they bother the expedition. It is theorized this has more to do with the Tower and it's Orbs but that is just a guess.
Sep 29, 2023 1:34 pm
OOC:
I will move onto the cemetery then
After you finish shopping and getting all the information you can you leave the base. As you will have to cross the river you get a couple of canoes to paddle upstream. Staying close to the swamp you make your way along the shore until you are north of the residentail Remnant then corss the river. Staying itn the canoes you make your way along the north shore upriver till you find a good place to stash to boats. You haul the canoes up the riverbank and hide them in a cluster of trees, hidinig them as best ou can, before continuing on foot. The other scouts had crossed the river to the west of the fortress but has to use litle makeshift rafts as they were worried about thei canoes being found and taken . You decided this was too much bother and just paid a bit for taking the cnaoes.

Staying out of sight of the forgress is not too hard in the low rolling hill and after a couple of hours you make you way to the cemetery.
Sep 29, 2023 1:40 pm
North some ways from the river, a sprawling cemetery stretches far to the north and west. Time has eroded the once-elaborate headstones and memorials, leaving weathered, moss-covered remnants of a bygone era. The entire thing is surrounded by stout stone walls and the air over the cemetery is dim and oddly distorted by a strange aura.

Crypts and mausoleums, overgrown with creeping ivy, loom like silent sentinels, guarding the secrets of the deceased. The air is heavy, carrying whispers of forgotten souls and tales of sorrow. Occasional undead figures, their tattered funeral attire clinging to skeletal frames, wander aimlessly among the tombs, their hollow eyes reflecting the torment of an eternity spent in this haunting limbo.

The gravestones, now broken and leaning, bear inscriptions that time has rendered illegible. The light of the soom gains a more moon lik pale glow through the cemeteries mysterious aura and casts long, eerie shadows, giving the impression that the spirits of the departed may still be watching from the shadows. Large wrote iron gates can be seen on the north and east side. The other scouts arrives from the south and indicated there are gates on that side as well. The surrounding area is more of the low grass covered rolling hills. It is now about nood though from the look of it once inside the cemetery it wil look more like night with a full moon.
OOC:
Anything you want to do before moving inside? Which enterance will you use? (2 gates per N S E W side of the cemetery )
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.