Red Markets

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 20, 2016 1:34 pm
Hey all, I posted this in the pen and paper forum a bit ago, to gauge interest, but I've read a bit more and I really think it can work in PbP....
I'm interested in running a game of Red Markets. I backed the kickstarter and have received my copy of the preliminary playtest document.

Basically, Red Markets is a post-Zombie Apocalypse setting and you play Takers who are people who scavenge the abandoned areas of the world for supplies, and other valuable stuff. A feature of the game is a big focus on the economics of survival in this world. As you can imagine, it's a fairly gritty, dark game.

It might take me a little bit to get comfortable enough with the rules and prep a campaign, but if there's some interest I'd prioritize that over other stuff I'm doing right now.

Bonus points if you also backed the kickstarter, but I'd be happy to explain things along the way for those who don't have access to it. I expect we'll be learning the game together to a certain degree.
Aug 23, 2016 12:49 pm
Doesn't seem to be much interest, but I figured I'd post this for anyone who wanted a little more info about the game. They featured Red Markets on the One Shot Podcast recently. (Link)

At about 9:15, Caleb Strokes, the game designer gives a setting overview
Aug 23, 2016 8:02 pm
I don't know how I missed this thread the first time round. I'd be up for Red Merket, but I don't have the books...
Aug 23, 2016 9:25 pm
No one does. Best case scenario you have the play test doc they sent out after the Kickstarter was finished.
Aug 23, 2016 9:44 pm
By books I mean I missed the kickstarted...
Aug 23, 2016 10:21 pm
Yeah. Not a problem. I expected to have pretty much everybody new to the game and few if any people other than me having the book.
Aug 24, 2016 11:26 pm
I'm going to spend some time thinking about this campaign this weekend.
Aug 28, 2016 3:23 am
Good news! I contacted Caleb Stokes the game designer for red markets and he said it was okay to share the game rules with others in my campaign. So I'm going to be setting up the game soon. Hoping for four players, but I'll take what I can get.
Aug 28, 2016 5:42 am
Cool
Aug 28, 2016 5:01 pm
If you are explaining everything, I'm down to try out a zombie setting
Aug 28, 2016 5:26 pm
Sweet. I'll be setting up the game later tonight.
Aug 28, 2016 10:58 pm
OK I may regret this but I'm up for joining you
Aug 28, 2016 11:32 pm
Woot. When has anyone ever regretted volunteering to wander around in the zombie apocalypse?
Aug 28, 2016 11:47 pm
I'm thinking more about time IRL but the proposition Is too good to pass up.
Aug 29, 2016 8:18 am
I've opened the game and sent out invites to those of you that mentioned interest. I was thinking four players, but could take more if there's strong interest.

Red Markets: Blue Bayou
Last edited August 29, 2016 8:18 am
Aug 29, 2016 8:04 pm
I recently heard the One Shot podcast of Red Markets and it sounds fantastic. I just applied to the game.
Aug 29, 2016 8:07 pm
I'm really glad to see this get so much interest :)

The game sounds really interesting, and I would have hopped right in if I wasn't already in so many games of different systems!
Aug 29, 2016 8:31 pm
Me too! I'm hoping I am able to do a decent job of translating it to PbP. I already have ideas for Rival crews, but I don't want to get ahead of myself.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.