[Closed] 13th Age Campaign

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Closed13th AgePrivate3 / weekIronmonger42
This is a 13th age campaign to learn the system. We will start with the short adventure Blood and Lightning found in the core book. If there is enough interest afterwards, we will continue with a homebrew campaign set in the dragon empire based on the kinds of characters made.

New player and veterans both welcome. If you don't own the rulebook, the SRD can be found here.

Nov 2, 2023 4:23 pm
13th age is a fantasy RPG made by people who worked on Dungeons and Dragons 3rd and 4th edition. It boasts a simplified rules, a combat system that can use a map but does not require a gridded battlemap, and other rules like relationship points with 13 prominent icon NPCs, a slowly growing bonus to attack rolls called the escalation die, and a skill system that simply asks if one of you backgrounds is relevant and adding the bonus attributed to the background with the greatest bonus.

This campaign will be running the example lv 1 to 3 adventure in the core book and then expanding into a homebrew campaign based on how everyone feels after that.

As far as a content rating, anything short of Rated R is ok, but I prefer to keep sexual content light romancing other players or NPCs to a minimum.

For this campaign, I am asking everyone to limit their choices to those found in the core rulebook. I have 5 years experience running D&D 5e but I prefer to use only the core rulebook when running a brand new system. Optional races allowed, but no evil player character.

Everything will be run within gamersplane. I will try running the system entirely theater of the mind (no map at all), but if that does not go well I will find a good way to provide a map during combats.

Anyone from new to veterans are allowed. The SRD can be found here.

If interested, comment below and I will invite you. It is first come first serve with 5 players max, but if you apply after it is full I can put you on a wait list in case someone leaves. If someone is inactive without notice for a whole week, I will message them. If 48 hours go by without reply, I may kick for inactivity unless the inactivity was communicated ahead of time.
Last edited December 30, 2023 12:09 am
Nov 2, 2023 6:44 pm
Hi Ironmonger42,

Not asking to join at this time, but just wanted to let you know that there's an SRD available online that explains how to create characters, so potential players won't need to own the core rulebook in order to play.

You can find it at: https://www.13thagesrd.com/character-rules/
Last edited November 2, 2023 6:44 pm
Nov 2, 2023 6:52 pm
I've been hoping to try 13th Age for a while. I'd love to join up! I'll need to look at the rules before I have a character concept, but I've heard lots of folks call it one of the best alternatives to D&Ds.
Nov 2, 2023 6:52 pm
I didn't know that. Thank you!
Nov 2, 2023 9:28 pm
I am all over this!
Nov 2, 2023 10:37 pm
Invited, that's 2 of 5 max
Nov 2, 2023 11:02 pm
13th Age is fun, I'm interested to take part.
Nov 3, 2023 12:04 am
Invited 3 of 5
Nov 3, 2023 9:32 am
I would love to try this.
Nov 3, 2023 10:46 am
I think I have an interesting concept for a One Unique Thing and I've been wanting to try 13th Age so I'll throw my hat in the ring.
Nov 3, 2023 11:00 am
Nice, would be fun to game with you two again!
Nov 3, 2023 12:11 pm
That looks like 5 players, so any further interest will be put on a wait list
Dec 29, 2023 10:20 pm
We had someone drop and have 1 open spot available. The group finished the adventure in the book and are doing a homebrew campaign at this point starting at level 2. If you are interested post here
Dec 29, 2023 11:51 pm
I'm interested.
Dec 30, 2023 12:09 am
Invited glad to have you

You do not have permission to post in this thread.