Isekai Adventure

Nov 7, 2023 11:29 pm
I have an idea for a 5e homebrew adventure.

The game starts off like Atlantis: The Lost Empire.
Game starts in the 1900s. Players are all human and have no magical powers.
Characters are hired but a wealthy man to explore a lost society.
Each Character starts at level 1 but has a Specialty. Linguist, cartographer, demolitions, mechanic, ect.
I will give the players a Buff based on their specialty.

After a meeting with the Wealthy man the group heads off by boat.
The voyage takes amount a Month to arrive to their destination. Which we can fast forward through a bit.
With a few random encounters along the way.
I want the players to get to level 3,4 or 5 along the way.

Once they get to their destination the players will have to dive deep underwater to a ancient gate/portal.
Once they get it unlocked and they enter the characters are teleported to another world.

In this world their Character Race and class can switch. They can go from being a normal rogue to a Bard with magic, Or a simple scholar to a wizard, ect. They can change to look like an elf or orc or anything they want.

I am worried players will have a hard time playing a simple non magic class and human but then switching when they get Isekai into another plane.
Nov 7, 2023 11:33 pm
This sounds very interesting to me. Isekai is always fun and the story and investment in the PCs before the other world stuff could be really cool.
Nov 8, 2023 5:10 am
Sounds intriguing.
Once in this new world, what kind of story would we be telling? If it goes into a Cthulhu direction then I'm not interested
Nov 8, 2023 11:44 am
New world is more Kong: Skull Island / Godzilla vs Kong themed.
Nov 8, 2023 1:53 pm
Smiley says:
New world is more Kong: Skull Island / Godzilla vs Kong themed.
That is fine :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.