Looking to play something different

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 24, 2016 2:52 am
I realize I've been playing basically the same kind of characters in D&D since I was 16. I was browsing my old D&D books and found myself thinking of a character I never before imagined playing: a warforged.
Since I don't see any 3/3.5e games going on (I think most people want to play 5e now), I wondered if there was another opportunity to play something as different as the sentient constructs of Eberron.
If not, anyone looking for a player? I have this other character concept rolling around in my head
Aug 24, 2016 2:54 am
Warforged are still a thing in 5e. :-)
Aug 24, 2016 3:00 am
Oh! I was unaware Eberron had been given the 5e treatment.
Aug 24, 2016 3:18 am
Sweet! Thanks man! Now I really want someone to start a 5e Eberron game.
Aug 24, 2016 3:24 am
Don't mention it!

Keleth let me play a warforged in "Haunting Past" (a non-Eberron game). And CancerMan plays a warforged in "Modern Magic: San Waterdeep" run by PhantomNimbus. So I say even if it's not set in Eberron, it's really up to the DM. :-) Hope you find a game to try your character idea! :-)
Last edited August 24, 2016 3:24 am
Aug 24, 2016 4:21 am
unfortunately I just wrapped up a two year eberron campaign with my RL group. I'm all eberron'ed out
Aug 24, 2016 8:34 am
I don't tend to run eberon but I usually allow UA material in most of my games.

I actually have a game coming up soon with a restricted race list which includes Warfirged, I'll PM you when it swings around if your interested!
Aug 24, 2016 12:58 pm
Warforged are also a thing in 13th Age, both terms of rules and setting. It wouldn't be a hard system to learn at all, especially since you have so much familiarity with D&D.
Aug 24, 2016 5:08 pm
@darthoingoboingo - I can understand getting burned out. I wish I could be part of a long term game like that. 2 years! Wow.

@Genisisect - hit me up when it comes time. I'll try not to over fill my plate.

@Diamond_Rhombus - could you point me in the right direction to learn that system our would it be better to just buy the book?
Aug 24, 2016 5:23 pm
That website has all the crunch you need, a great resource. A quick skim will show you how similar it is to D&D: the two chief designers were actually the lead designers of 3rd and 4th edition D&D.

The book is very useful because the Dragon Empire is a really great setting. Takes familiar fantasy tropes, adds new excitement, and leaves space for interpretation and addition. I'd be willing to get a 13th Age game started if you are interested. I'm far away from my usual group and need a 13th Age fix.
Aug 24, 2016 5:24 pm
I noticed the Icons in the SRD are different from those in the book.
Aug 24, 2016 5:32 pm
Yeah, the default icons are the intellectual property of Pelgrane Press, while the rules are part of the OGL. So they have OGL friendly icons for the SRD that are very similar to the default ones.

Apologies for the derail, back to Warforged.

Because of the modular, tabula rasa nature of 13th Age, it's up to you where Warforged come from. In my current game, they were originally dwarven servant golems that were upgraded and mass-produced to fight a zombie apocalypse long ago.
Last edited August 24, 2016 5:36 pm
Aug 25, 2016 12:51 am
Tabula Rasa you say? This sounds interesting. I'll check out that srd. If someone just so happens to start a 13th age game and I just so happen to get in, that's cool by me!
Aug 28, 2016 1:05 pm
unique_exemplar says:
Tabula Rasa you say? This sounds interesting. I'll check out that srd. If someone just so happens to start a 13th age game and I just so happen to get in, that's cool by me!
I'm gonna start up a 13th Age game in a couple of days once i get back to my computer and books, and you've got first acceptance if you want it.
Aug 31, 2016 9:28 am
Awesome! I'll be on the lookout for your game.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.