2nd edition ad&d?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 12, 2023 2:15 pm
I've noticed there isn't any option for ad&d characters or games here. How could we make that happen? Thank you!
Nov 12, 2023 2:46 pm
It just means that there's not a prebuilt sheet or label for it. When making games you can just use a custom system and sheet for it.

Someone has made a sheet for AD&D 2e that can be found here along with lots of others sheets.

Then its just finding players if you are GMing, or seeing if there would be interest in someone GMing it.
Last edited November 12, 2023 2:47 pm
Nov 14, 2023 2:13 am
Interested in playing, if someone kindly DM’s an AD&D game.
Nov 14, 2023 4:05 am
I would be interested as well.
Nov 14, 2023 4:21 am
I would be interested as I play weekly with a group IRL 2nd edition D&D.
Nov 14, 2023 11:12 am
If someone would care to DM, I think we have a good table here!
Nov 15, 2023 12:47 am
Wouldn't be opposed to rounding out the party, if it comes to pass.
Nov 15, 2023 8:15 pm
2e, huh? Any thoughts on a campaign setting? I am familiar enough with 2e to run it and there appears to be some interest. What would you prefer? Forgotten Realms? Ravenloft? Greyhawk? Dark Sun? Spelljammer? Maztica? Oriental Adventures? Al-Qadim? I'm not familiar enough with Birthright to pull that off, and I'm not overly fond of Planescape, but everything else is on the table. Would some classic modules be okay, or would you rather homebrew?
Nov 15, 2023 9:13 pm
I’m partial to FR and Greyhawk (in that order), but then I’m pretty traditionalist in terms of games I really like. I could get into any of them though.
Classic modules are great, but I’m not opposed to whatever homebrew you might have.
As you can prolly read, I’m pretty flexible.
Nov 16, 2023 1:12 am
Fr or Greyhawk are my prefered.
Nov 16, 2023 11:06 am
I think all the settings are great. I've never played in Greyhawk proper or Al-Qadim so they'd be my top choices. Modules/homebrew adventures: whatever the DM prefers.
Nov 16, 2023 1:25 pm
WhtKnt says:
Any thoughts on a campaign setting?
Forgotten Realms 1270-1280 DR. Neverwinter, Luskan, Mirabar, and Ten Towns (yes, because of CRPGs). Also, I'm not familiar with Ravenloft personally, but I heard good things about it being a horror setting. I might be interested in that too.
Nov 16, 2023 3:37 pm
If we're talking setting, I will always support Ravenloft.

Modules are a-ok with me, btw.
Nov 17, 2023 5:03 pm
I suspect pretty much everyone in this thread has more experience with AD&D 2e than me, but I'd be willing to run a game once NaNoWriMo is over in a couple of weeks.

It looks like there might be two willing DMs as well.
Nov 17, 2023 5:13 pm
It looks like the most popular choice is Forgotten Realms, so we'll start there (though I will not promise not to drift into the mists at some point). I haven't decided exactly where it will begin yet, but I'm considering either going with Rena's suggestion (Icewind Dale) or Arabel in the Dalelands. The only issue with Icewind Dale is my relative unfamiliarity with the video games. Give me some time to think on this and to set up the boards and I'll send out invites.
Nov 17, 2023 9:53 pm
Giddiness ensues.
Looking forward to it, thanks so much.
Nov 17, 2023 10:14 pm
I am happy to share GMing duties and I don't intend to start until after NaNoWriMo, so you should be good there, Phil. I will allow the use of kits (except the bladesinger, because it is horribly unbalanced) if everyone agrees to such. If someone is opposed, we won't do it. Be thinking about what kinds of characters you intend to play.

I think we will go with Icewind Dale, c. 1275, if that influences anyone's choice of character.
Last edited November 17, 2023 10:15 pm
Nov 18, 2023 9:24 pm
Phil_Ozzy_Fer and I are in discussion to alternate DMing duty. Would anyone else be interested in DMing on occasion? If so, we will add you to the discussion.
Nov 18, 2023 10:05 pm
I have been around 2cn edition a time or three but not one to DM it.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.