Mörk Borg

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 15, 2023 9:37 pm
Recruitment Post
Games System: Mork Borg

This game is "Woke" which means it is explicitly friendly to LGBTQ, persons of color and any other minorities or marginalized groups.

MÖRK BORG is a rules light OSR style system, dark themed gritty apocalyptic fantasy RPG about lost souls and fools seeking redemption, forgiveness or the last remaining riches in a bleak and decaying world. Civilization is collapsing, and the world is reshaping into something new and alien. There are tales of strange creatures roaming about, unspeakable horrors that nightmares are made of stalking the land.

The desperate eke out a living scrouging for food, shelter and some basic semblance of safety leaving the dead to rot along the way. Opportunist exploit the downtrodden extracting blood, sweat, tears and finally lives in pursuit of wealth, power, comfort or some sense of sadistic satisfaction. The apocalypse is here. Who are you? The tomb-robber with silver glittering between cracked fingernails? The mystic who would bend the world's heart away from it's inevitable end? The world is dying. And you with it. How do you plan on spending your remaining time in fading light of this world?

THIS GAME
Will be an open ended player driven game based off your character's background and group goal(s). I will then design the short scenario around that. The group is expected to stick together as this is one game not multiple solo games being run.

RPG Rule System: Mork Borg. It is rules light, the game system rules is about one page. Mörk Borg Bare Bones Edition is free to download from their website. This is my preferred Edition as it is much easier to read without all of the edge lord artwork.
Game Platform: Gamers Plane
Character Restrictions: Mörk Borg core rule book only
Game Duration: Short, hopefully no longer than four months. If the game goes on much longer than that I will end it.
Post Frequency: 2-3 times per week, you may post more frequently.
Specialized Software, Resources: None.
Recommended Character Generators:
Denizens of the Dying World https://goatmansgoblet.itch.io/denizens-of-the-dying-world,
Scvmbirther https://morkborg.exlibrisrpg.com/entries/scvmbirther
Waste of Skin https://alessandrominali.github.io/mork-borg-gen/waste_of_skin.html

Player Experience: All
How to Apply: Reply to Post
Adult Content: Rated R for Violence & Gore. What is prohibited? Absolutely NO sexual content, NO messing with kids.
Controversial Themes: could contain elements of: Religion, Politics, Racism, Slavery, extreme poverty, pain, suffering and man's inhumanity to man.
Requirements: **Communication among all should be polite and one of mutual respect. **

I have a RPG Social Contract Thread in my games that goes into more detail on this.

I also have a Game Information Thread in my that provides additional information on how I run games so you can make an informed decision if the games I run will be a good fit for you.

Other Considerations: Mörk Borg is a low magic setting. It is a gritty and down right deadly game for PCs that play cautiously and mistep let alone approach this game like 5e. This is not 5e, you are not super heroes dressed in medieval drag. If you are going to engage in combat you will want to position yourself the best you can instead of rushing in to stand there like a doofus and get wacked. You have been warned.
Nov 15, 2023 11:09 pm
Hi Tripp! I definitely want to try Mork Borg sometime. But I have a few questions before I sign up.

On a scale of "very serious" to "Monty Python sketch" how serious/silly are you wanting this game to be?

What happens if a PC dies? Is the player then out of the game?
Nov 15, 2023 11:16 pm
This sounds sick! I've been wanting to get into Mork Borg. I have a little bit of experience with Into the Odd and the like, but I've never done this game specifically. Count me in, though.
Nov 16, 2023 1:33 am
TheGenerator says:
Hi Tripp! I definitely want to try Mork Borg sometime. But I have a few questions before I sign up.

On a scale of "very serious" to "Monty Python sketch" how serious/silly are you wanting this game to be?

What happens if a PC dies? Is the player then out of the game?
Good questions!

I would say in the more in the middle of those extremes but leaning more towards a Monty Python sketch but not to the cartoonish extreme. Like a self aware horror movie in which everyone knows the ridiculously awful situation they are in, accept it with a good dose of gallows humor.

What happens if a PC dies? Is the player then out of the game? You can make up to four characters and rotate another one in to continue playing if you like.
Nov 16, 2023 1:36 am
saccharine_rabbit says:
This sounds sick! I've been wanting to get into Mork Borg. I have a little bit of experience with Into the Odd and the like, but I've never done this game specifically. Count me in, though.
Sent you an invite.
Nov 16, 2023 4:07 am
Alright, sounds good to me! 😁
Would be happy to join
Nov 16, 2023 4:16 am
TheGenerator says:
Alright, sounds good to me! 😁
Would be happy to join
Sent you an invite.
Nov 17, 2023 11:51 am
Hi Tripp :-)

I caught your post on reddit and came on over to check out Gamers Plane, and went ahead and applied to the game. I've a fair history with RPGs but have not actually played Mork Borg before. I've a couple of questions about specifics:

1) Do you prefer us using one of the generators, or will creating characters the "old-fashioned way" be acceptable?
2) Will rolling the dice be okay, or do we need to stick to the platform's roller? (I understand if so, I just like rolling dice ;-)
Nov 17, 2023 12:19 pm
Welcome to Gamers Plane, s.pwyll!

I can already answer question 1 for you. Both are allowed. I think you can also see this character creation thread even if you're not in the game since it's public. :)
Nov 17, 2023 1:09 pm
TheGenerator says:
Welcome to Gamers Plane, s.pwyll!
Thanks :-) I haven't had a lot of time here yet, obviously, but I'm really liking it so far. And thanks for pointing out the thread.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.