Solo + GP

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 16, 2023 3:03 am
Anyone else using GP to track their solo game?

I've been having a blast with it. I think I've finally found a groove with soloing thanks to GP. I usually would get a game started and after 2 or 3 sessions I just abandon it. Quite a while ago I started private game for testing stuff like character sheets and systems I've been working on. I decided about a month ago to start some new threads in that game for soloing. I've been running it as if I'm playing a 1 person PbP game. It's great!
Nov 16, 2023 3:22 am
I considered it. I did do something approximating Solo work for an Ironsworn game on GP-- more of a guided game.
What specifically does GP do to help you track?
Nov 16, 2023 3:24 am
A few do. I do.
Nov 16, 2023 3:27 am
I think it's having everything in one place. Character sheets, dice rolls, logging. Before I had multiple papers and supplements all over the table. Now it's simple to play on my phone or PC.

I do miss physical dice from time to time. I also took the time to load some hexcrawl rules into the forums so I can easily reference them.
Nov 16, 2023 4:44 am
This is a good idea!
Nov 16, 2023 4:44 am
I played a solo game in my private testing game before.

Len

Nov 16, 2023 4:29 pm
I'm trying it right now. It feels ideal for organizing my thoughts, rolling dice, and recording events.

Len

Nov 16, 2023 4:31 pm
squid says:

I do miss physical dice from time to time. I also took the time to load some hexcrawl rules into the forums so I can easily reference them.
No reason you can't roll physical dice in conjunction with or instead of the forum's dice roller!
Nov 16, 2023 4:32 pm
Len says:
squid says:

No reason you can't roll physical dice in conjunction with or instead of the forum's dice roller!
I do for oracle rolls, then I just insert the result into the post. For all checks, I use the dice roller.
Nov 17, 2023 4:45 pm
I haven't done it for a while, but I have in the past and it works fairly well.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.