GM Needed: 5e, lvl 4-12, gestalt, Nature-based

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 16, 2023 6:36 pm
[ +- ] Guardians of the Great King Forest (Cormanthor)
1. system: 5e gestalt
[ +- ] Non-Gestalt Alternative
2. Resources allowed (anything found here http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/ ; though, no homebrew material) + any official material not listed here that can be reference/verified.

3. Party size (3-8; GM choice)

4. Level (4th - 12th level, GM's choice within that range)

5. Gestalt: https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Gestalt_(5e_Variant_Rule)

NOTE: classes on either side of the build must be nature based, taken from the following list (variety of classes is preferred over 5 ranger/druids for example). Regarding multiclassing: a minimum of 4 levels before changing out of a class; no 1-2 level dips for abilities.

Acceptable classes:

• Druid (Circle of the Primeval, Circle of the Shepherd, Circle of the Land)
• Barbarian (Path of the Wild Magic, Path of the Totem Warrior, Beast)
• Rogue (Scout)
• Cleric (Nature Domain)
• Fighter (Scout, Arcane Archer)
• Paladin (Oath of the Ancients)
• Ranger (Beast Master, Fey Wanderer, Primeval Guardian)
• Monk (Way of the Elementals)
• Warlock (The Archfey, the Kraken)
• Blood Hunter (any but with a focus on protecting ancient forests and its inhabitants)
• Wizard (School of Transformation - focusing on element/nature based spells)
• Sorcerer (Stone Sorcery, Sea Sorcery, Pyromancy, Storm Sorcery)
• Bard (College of Lore - must have nature skill proficiency with expertise, also, focusing on elemental/nature based spells, and all spells gained via "additional magic secrets" must be element/nature based).
•no artificers

6. Combat is great, but also looking for opportunities to explore concepts like exploration and discovery (ie: Myth Drannor), nature conservation/protection; character development/growth, along with anything else you might want to throw in there.

7. I plan to play a Fairy Ranger (Primeval Guardian)//Barbarian (Path of the Totem)

8. Posting - I can go with whatever comes my way. Preferring often over infrequent.

9. Regardless of starting level, my hope is that the intent is to see this run as an epic campaign, spanning as many levels as possible.

10. All characters use the same stat array (18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8) and start with character wealth based on starting level, using the following chart: https://olddungeonmaster.com/2021/03/02/dd-5e-character-wealth-per-level/

11. Possible Campaign Concept:
[ +- ] Guardians of Cormanthor: Quest for Myth Drannor

GreyWord says:
While I have no capacity to DM this, I want to provide some feed (what would I say assuming I had the capacity and willingness to DM a game that ignores 5e established balance).
[ +- ] Feedback
P.S. Feedback is subjective, please don't take it as offense - I'm just trying to show that DM may have different vision
[ +- ] My Response to GreyWord's Suggestions
Last edited November 18, 2023 1:50 pm
Nov 16, 2023 6:59 pm
Well, if this comes to pass I'm willing to toss my hat in the ring as a player...

Totem Barbarian/Scout Rogue sounds ideal.
Nov 16, 2023 9:20 pm
MaJunior says:
Well, if this comes to pass I'm willing to toss my hat in the ring as a player...

Totem Barbarian/Scout Rogue sounds ideal.
Hey, Just wanted to point out that I've just edited the above post (as I've finally figured out what I wanted to do with the other side of my build); in no way am I suggesting there can't be 2 'Path of the Totem' Barbarians, just mentioning it in case your desire was not to overlap...love the Rogue Scout idea...I actually didn't think someone would pick it!!!!
Nov 16, 2023 10:01 pm
For what I have in mind, I think bear totem at level 3 is pretty much required. Lol
Nov 16, 2023 10:19 pm
I'm planning either eagle totem or elk totem depending on GMs position on a part of my character...though will be going Aspect of the Bear at 6th.
Last edited November 16, 2023 10:20 pm
Nov 16, 2023 10:32 pm
See, I'm planning for Bear at 3 but probably Wolf at 6 (or maybe Eagle).
Nov 16, 2023 11:00 pm
How about we all play Totem barbarians? For the true savage experience!
Nov 16, 2023 11:04 pm
Khulod says:
How about we all play Totem barbarians? For the true savage experience!
I'm not entirely opposed to that; though, if that route was taken there would need to be considerable variance of classes presented on the other side...currently a ranger and a rogue
Nov 16, 2023 11:33 pm
It's almost worth playing as a a gith for natural resistance to psychic damage.

Almost.
Nov 16, 2023 11:51 pm
[ +- ] Barbarian: Path of the Totem
If the shared commonality of the players was having Path of the Totem Barbarian up one side of the progression, I would want to have there be an ancient tribe of Totem Barbarians that embraced not only all totem animals but all races that heard the call of the Totem Spirits. Ceremonies are held at each stage (level 3, level 6, and level 14) where the whole tribe celebrates the individual(s) in a totem ceremony where the spirits appear to the barbarian and a totem animal bonds with them (obviously the player decides, but in game terms it would appear random).

This ancient tribe of barbarians could even be known as the Gardians of The Great King Forest (having existed as far back as when Cormanthor was called Arcorar (which is where "The Great King Forest" comes from).
Nov 17, 2023 12:48 am
Sardis says:
[ +- ] Barbarian: Path of the Totem
If the shared commonality of the players was having Path of the Totem Barbarian up one side of the progression, I would want to have there be an ancient tribe of Totem Barbarians that embraced not only all totem animals but all races that heard the call of the Totem Spirits. Ceremonies are held at each stage (level 3, level 6, and level 14) where the whole tribe celebrates the individual(s) in a totem ceremony where the spirits appear to the barbarian and a totem animal bonds with them (obviously the player decides, but in game terms it would appear random).

This ancient tribe of barbarians could even be known as the Gardians of The Great King Forest (having existed as far back as when Cormanthor was called Arcorar (which is where "The Great King Forest" comes from).
Though perhaps not everyone needs to play barbarian if they don't want...the tribe could have allies...a reclusive druid that valley the forest home...etc.
Nov 17, 2023 11:59 am
While I have no capacity to DM this, I want to provide some feed (what would I say assuming I had the capacity and willingness to DM a game that ignores 5e established balance).
[ +- ] Feedback
P.S. Feedback is subjective, please don't take it as offense - I'm just trying to show that DM may have different vision
Nov 17, 2023 4:50 pm
@GreyWord - I appreciate any constructive feedback.

1. I would have no problem adding 'Druid of any subtype' as acceptable classes (if there are other 'nature-themed' class/subclass options that I've missed, I'm not opposed to having them pointed out to me.

2. The whole concept of the game is that of playing nature-based races/classes/subclasses. I'm not open to only having a few players follow those parameters while most others can simply ignore them. Now if you mean that a couple of characters come from the barbarian tribe as described in my last post...and other characters (that are equally nature-based as per the allowed class list I've provided) are summoned by the Treant Council, I'm definitely fine with that. The whole 'Barbarian Tribe' idea was simply an option, given there are already two players interested in playing Path of the Totem Barbarians (and based on the suggestion presented by Khulod).

3. This too would be fine with me. With two Totem Barbarians (from the same racially-diverse/totem-diverse tribe) already looking to play (myself and MaJunior), they could be the starting point with others being brought in over a period of weeks or months.
Nov 17, 2023 4:54 pm
@GreyWord

I've added your Feedback (and my response to it) at the bottom of the initial GM request post.

Thank you.

:)
Nov 18, 2023 1:26 pm
If it would help to attract a GM, I could drop the Gestalt, provided the game was 10-15th level (vs 4-12 gestalt).

I could just multiclass the Ranger and Barbarian levels.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.