[Closed] B/X or OSE "Stonehell"

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedB/X D&D / Old School EssentialsPublic4 / weekBurbage
Classic dungeoneering through Michael Curtis' "Stonehell" megadungeon using B/X D&D / Old School Essentials.

We'll generally play rules-as-written, with a minimum of house rules. This means:

- 3d6 in order for abilities (with the standard rules for ability score adjustments).
- Hit points as rolled (re-rolling 1s and 2s at first level).
- The seven standard character classes (at least initially - we may open this up for variety at a later stage).
- Turn-by-turn tracking of time - torches expire, rations are consumed, wandering monsters appear.
- Encumbrance - would you rather move quickly or carry a lot of stuff?
- Players will be encouraged to map.
- Player characters will die; it's just a case of how often.

Aiming for an old-school, round-the-table feel. A game of action, exploration, information gathering, problem-solving, decision making and resource management.

Nov 18, 2023 11:03 am
Classic dungeoneering through Michael Curtis' "Stonehell" megadungeon using B/X D&D / Old School Essentials.

We'll generally play rules-as-written, with a minimum of house rules. This means:

- 3d6 in order for abilities (with the standard rules for ability score adjustments).
- Hit points as rolled (re-rolling 1s and 2s at first level).
- The seven standard character classes (at least initially - we may open this up for variety at a later stage).
- Turn-by-turn tracking of time - torches expire, rations are consumed, wandering monsters appear.
- Encumbrance - would you rather move quickly or carry a lot of stuff?
- Players will be encouraged to map.
- Player characters will die; it's just a case of how often.

Relaxed pace: 3-4 posts per player per week.

Aiming for an old-school, round-the-table feel. A game of action, exploration, information gathering, problem-solving, decision making and resource management.

Looking for at least 4 players. The first 4 players to join can then decide how many more party members they wish to recruit.
Last edited March 27, 2024 8:01 pm
Nov 18, 2023 1:55 pm
Sounds like fun! I love a good old school dungeon crawl
Nov 18, 2023 1:57 pm
Perhaps today is a good day to die! Count me in.
Nov 18, 2023 5:52 pm
Cool looking project. Michael Curtis wrote Stonehell, and I'm unaware of an OSE adaptation. Can you link to that?
Nov 18, 2023 6:02 pm
Harrigan says:
Cool looking project. Michael Curtis wrote Stonehell, and I'm unaware of an OSE adaptation. Can you link to that?
Hah! Curtis ... good catch. I'm using the Labyrinth Lord version, which is essentially B/X, or as close as they were comfortable getting at the time.
Nov 18, 2023 7:13 pm
Life is fun & So, is adventuring. Do count me in.
Nov 19, 2023 2:56 am
Burbage says:
Hah! Curtis ... good catch. I'm using the Labyrinth Lord version, which is essentially B/X, or as close as they were comfortable getting at the time.
Gotcha. I'll watch this with interest if it's public!
Nov 19, 2023 4:52 am
I'd like to join. If you're already at four and that's the limit, I'll watch it with interest. If you are already at four but do decide to have more than four, I'd still like to join.
Nov 19, 2023 5:22 am
I'm in if there's room! Love me some Curtis.
Nov 19, 2023 8:56 am
Thank you all for your interest. I’ve set up the game and sent invites to the first four people who put their hands up - Ishmann, MinMin, GeneCortess and spaceseeker19. I’ll invite any others once they have made a decision on their preferred size of party.
Nov 21, 2023 8:08 am
@dominion451 - I've sent you an invite if you're still interested in playing.

There's at least one more place available if anyone else would like to hop aboard.
Nov 29, 2023 1:24 am
Ya know what, if you've got a spot still, I'd like to join!
Nov 30, 2023 7:19 am
AbbyssalChimera says:
Ya know what, if you've got a spot still, I'd like to join!
The Hellions have invited you to join their party!
Jan 7, 2024 11:02 am
Famed adventurers, The Hellions are recruiting. Equal share of treasure. Moderate danger. Only one party death so far.

We have an open slot if anyone else fancies some old school, rules-as-written dungeoneering.

KCC

Jan 7, 2024 11:33 am
I’ll give it a go, if you’ll have me!
Jan 7, 2024 12:22 pm
Great - thanks KCC. Invite sent.
Jan 8, 2024 5:32 am
I'd be interested if a spot opens up.
Jan 9, 2024 8:39 am
A slot has indeed just opened up McButterpants. I've sent you an invite.
Jan 9, 2024 11:37 am
In case another opening would come up I'd really dig taking part in it!
Last edited January 9, 2024 11:44 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.