when is wraith 20th edition coming out?

Aug 26, 2016 5:49 pm
completley missed the kickstarter, couldn't get in on it. anyone know when the PDFs will be released?
Aug 26, 2016 6:20 pm
No one knows. I backed it, but original deadline was July 2015. (I think I pledged in Dec. 2014, so this is a sloooow process.) There have been a lot of delays since then, and it's been in a state of "almost finished" for months. It is allegedly being play-tested and edited, but there's no final date for actual product to be completed.
Aug 26, 2016 6:26 pm
well shit. I was hoping to get a hold of it and run a game on here... would be nice to have everything in one book.

crap.. I'm slowly turning into the world of darkness guy, aren't I?
Aug 26, 2016 6:30 pm
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for it. The backers will get it first and it'll probably be months before that's even doable.

As for the latter, maybe, but what a distinction! Once I'm more comfortable with these systems I'll be throwing my hat into the World of Darkness as well.
Aug 26, 2016 6:37 pm
hmm.. maybe the forums need a werewolf game....
Sep 1, 2016 1:36 am
I'm going to get the pdf soon and look over it.
Sep 1, 2016 2:27 am
I just received an update on the Wraith 20 Kickstarter. Here's an excerpt dealing with some of the timing for it's eventual release:

RichD tells me he has one and a half chapters to finish developing- the Orpheus chapter in particular is taking a fair bit of time to work into the world of Wraith that RichD has evoked for this edition. The half chapter was one where the writing needed to be re-assigned after the original writer was unable to finish, and so has been lagging behind most of the other text.

Once RichD is finished developing these chapters and can review the whole text with them in it, the text will go to the new White Wolf Publishing folks in Sweden for their review, comments, and approvals. Then we will send it to editing and RichD will write up the art notes for Mirthful Mike Chaney, our art director."

Maybe a few more months if his kind of schedule can be maintained before it gets sent out to backers, in case there were any interested parties.
Sep 1, 2016 2:28 am
I'm totally interested.. hopefully when it comes out I'll be able to run a wraith game
Sep 1, 2016 3:41 am
They're rolling Orpheus into Wraith? Makes sense but seems like a lot
Sep 1, 2016 3:09 pm
The section for Orhpeus was one of the stretch goals.

From the Kickstarter:

"ACHIEVED! At $130,000 of contributions, we will take the current Orpheus sub-section of the Wraith 20th Anniversary Edition book and expand it into its own Appendix, fully fleshing out Orpheus to work within the Wraith 20th setting. This is a big addition to the project and will add at least 15,000 words and rearrange the book- but it'll be worth it! "

The project is really late, and there hasn't been a word spoken about the fiction that was commissioned. Here's the project if you want to look over what the final product might be like.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.