West Ward

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 6, 2023 12:36 am
This is a 5e game. Welcome to the PHB.

Trundy hires for a party to just wipe out as many Kobolds as they can. Obviously, this is hack-n-slash adventure. You start coming off a ship in lesser small walled port. Nice temperate place with lots of unexplored jungle around it.

This is a sandbox adventure. Game starts with party assembled in large meeting room. Each will walk out with 10gp added in their pockets. Take all they find and agree to killing Kobolds. 10 gp which can be spent in game not part of starter. Welcome to the port.

IMPORTANT: Lack of posting is the fastest way to leave this game. If you're not ready to be posting like daily or more. Don't apply. This is not a slow game.

Let's have some fun. (I will update this on classes taken.)
Fighter
Fighter -- WhiteDwarf
Fighter
Rogue -- wulfnor
Cleric -- Alexeij
Wizard -- spaceseeker19

CHARACTER GENERATION INFO 27 points with no stat below 10. All Human and level 2. No variant. Straight Class. Very plain joe here.

Party: 3 fighters, 1 rogue, 1 cleric, 1 wizard. Roles are first come first serve.

Max HP + average. Gear: Class (Gold amount), Background, & Trinket. (Should be prepared for non-city adventuring.)
Do take note that the variant encumbrance is used. Think about where your gear is. No pets/companions/familiars/mounts.
On background, all characters are foreigner to the port and arrived answering a notice.
Deity here is a name and nothing else really is needed. This is a rough & tumble port. Law is in the hands of man with the sword and everyone has one. This is a pre gun situation so go with the gear in PHB.
Last edited December 8, 2023 12:51 pm
Dec 6, 2023 5:38 am
I'm interested in playing the wizard.
Questions: Are we tracking XP, and, if so, should each PC start with 300?
How will you handle inspiration: RAW, awarding it from playing to flaws, or some other mechanism?
Dec 6, 2023 6:48 am
Could you also clarify:
1) "no stat below 10" - is this before or after adding racial bonus +1? i.e. do you
a) start at all 6 of your ability scores start at 9, and you have 21 point to spend
b) start at all 6 of your ability scores start at 10, and you have 15 point to spend

2) Can one spend any of those 27 points to buy stat above 15? (RAW you can't but then again RAW you start at 8, that's why double checking)

3) Could you elaborate meaning of "Gear: Class (Gold amount)"? Does it mean player have a choice between starting gear and starting money, or rolling money is the only choice?

4) I read between the lines DM expected players to know well what are all the 5e equipment that will be essential to posses. Am I wrong? Would I be able to have fun in this game if I don't want to do any shopping
Dec 6, 2023 7:14 am
You are sent an invite spaceseeker19 for wizard role. Leveling is done by milestone. LOL. Kobolds are too cheap. Inspiration is by PHB.

1) Clarification. Do 27 stats. Nothing below 10. Then adjust for human.
2) Clarification. As PHB, no stat bought with 27 go above 15. There is no point value listed about 15.
3) Clarification. Class (Gold amount) means you use the Class Gold amount and NOT the starting gear for class.
4) Clarification. GM expects player to know 5e. Enjoy. Have a nice day GreyWord.
Dec 6, 2023 7:57 am
Thanks, got it. It is interesting what a game will such a limited setup turn into. I don't care for class choice can play whatever other players have not taken, but I guess it will be fighter.
Dec 6, 2023 8:39 am
Could you change one of those Fighters to a Ranger with Kolbolds as Favored Enemy and Jungle as Favored Terrain???
Last edited December 6, 2023 8:57 am
Dec 6, 2023 8:48 am
Okay GreyWord. I will send you an invite for a Fighter.

wulfnor. Negative. Class as stated.
Dec 6, 2023 9:03 am
Ok then, I wish to play the Rogue!
Dec 6, 2023 9:12 am
Okay wulfnor. A rogue role it is. Invite sent.
Dec 6, 2023 2:20 pm
I’ll take one of the Fighter roles, please.

Edit - I might ask please, any chance we could up it to level 3? That’d give us a bit of room to differentiate our Fighters a bit (in terms of archetypes and related features), also if we do level in-game it gives us an ASI to level-off the invariable odd-scores we’ll all have from being Human.
Just tossing that out, I’m ok in either case.

Thanks!
Last edited December 6, 2023 3:55 pm
Dec 6, 2023 4:00 pm
Okay WhiteDwarf. You have an invite for a Fighter. The level is set.
Dec 6, 2023 5:58 pm
GreyWord has switched from fighter to cleric.

There are still two fighter role positions available.
Last edited December 6, 2023 6:01 pm
Dec 6, 2023 6:13 pm
GreyWord has again changed his mind is going to select fighter. So there is a cleric position and a fighter position available.
Dec 6, 2023 6:53 pm
Hello hello, may I have the cleric spot? Regarding the domains, are they limited to the PHB? Thanks!
Dec 6, 2023 7:16 pm
Alexeij. I see that your new here. Hope you do understand the posting rate. You have an invite for a cleric spot. Think of making your character as if you only owned the players handbook.

There is only one fighter slot left now.
Last edited December 6, 2023 7:18 pm
Dec 6, 2023 7:17 pm
I am, but I'm already in another PBP. Daily posting is the minimum
Dec 8, 2023 12:39 am
Looking to start in the next 48 hours. Two spots available for fighters. Rest of the party is nearly complete and ready to start.
Last edited December 8, 2023 12:50 pm
Dec 9, 2023 8:32 am
This game is closed.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.