Interest Check: Pirate Borg

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

KCC

Dec 8, 2023 4:03 am
Pirate Borghttps://i.imgur.com/EjtigQN.jpgHere There Be Pirates…
The Pitch: Looking to take my copy of Pirate Borg for a spin. I’ll be leaning heavily on the core book to generate the content, and have no real pre-determined story or module in mind. Simply raising the sails and seeing where it takes us…

The Themes: Being a Borg game, it will probably lean towards dark and gruesome, though I don’t tend to lean into hopelessness or things like that. Dark… but lightheartedly so!

The Length: I don’t run games that go on for too long. This one will probably be similar, though we can cross that bridge when we get to it! If we find a stopping point, then so be it! If people want to continue, then that can surely be arranged.

The Process: Just comment below if you’re interested in joining. Everyone is welcome. Not looking for a huge crew, and one spot is reserved already!
Dec 8, 2023 4:58 am
Bloody hell, A Pirate's life for me! :)

PS- no experience with Morg Borg, but hey, what pirate reads the rules any way?
Dec 8, 2023 6:04 am
I'm in the same boat. Would love to play a pitate, but am unfamiliar with Borg games.
Dec 8, 2023 8:24 am
Arrr!

Thanks KCC for offering to run this, so I get to play!
Dec 8, 2023 9:43 am
Same, love pirates, unfamiliar with Borg but willing to learn!
Dec 8, 2023 11:48 am
it seems to be popular, sure will give it a try.
Dec 8, 2023 2:13 pm
I've played a solo game of Mork borg and have been looking at Pirate Borg for awhile, but haven't got it yet. I'd love to play a borg game with people.
Dec 8, 2023 3:10 pm
I'm interested, and I expect/hope my characters die early and often. All of them will share a common obsession with rum, though not necessarily in the sense of consuming it – more like being fixated on its history, production, distribution, and the art of making it.
Dec 8, 2023 4:08 pm
Seems like you already have enough interest, but if anyone drops out, would love to take my copy of pirate borg out for a spin too!
Dec 9, 2023 1:26 am
Yarr! I don't know that I even have time for this right now, but YARR! Fantastic game.
Dec 9, 2023 8:32 am
Oye, mates! I'd be glad to join the crew if there's room but no pressure if the ship is full!

KCC

Dec 11, 2023 12:13 am
A little update on recruitment. Bedzone was the player that had reserved a spot in the game! Seeing the level of interest here, he decided to withdraw his spot in this game, and run a game of this himself.

So we divvied up the group, him preferring larger groups, and me smaller. I won’t speak to when he’ll pick it up, but it’ll be after his current Borg game finishes out! (Almost done, seems like!)

Bedzone is the resident Borg expert on GP, so I’ve no doubt it’ll be good. (I may even try for a spot myself!)
Dec 11, 2023 1:33 pm
I have no doubt KCC's run will be a blast! I had told him I would be getting round to Pirate Borg myself, so if there are players here who don't manage to get a spot in this game, I'll post an interest check (but it'll be a bit later), to see if people still want to play in another game.

Have fun!

KCC

Feb 27, 2024 8:43 am
@Esidrix, @microtheMacroBear: Any of you still about? :)
Last edited February 27, 2024 11:28 pm
Feb 27, 2024 9:35 am
I'm on the docks ready to fill any vacancy, Cap'n :-)
Feb 27, 2024 11:24 am
This sounds really fun, but I'm sadly at (read: over) capacity. Have fun with the game, all!
Feb 27, 2024 1:42 pm
@KCC - Totally!
Last edited February 27, 2024 1:43 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.