Interest Check: 5e, LMoP chapter 2

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 8, 2023 5:47 pm
I'm not 100% sure I want to do this, but if I got 5 very eager players I'm ready to invest my time DMing second part of the Lost Mine of Phandelver. I've DMed that twice online (once using roll20 and once using table top simulator) and once at the table and we had a lot of fun with that particular chapter. I am ready to add PBP to the variety of my experience.

Story hook: You arrive in a town with no law enforcement and bandit gang so strong that mayor is afraid of them even after you decide to take care of them. You will need to hook your PCs to either make that town a better place to live or perhaps take over the gang and establish your own. You will need to decide if you want to kill them the honorable way (risking of them win or escape) or sneaky-tricky way. I don't want to deal with PCs unable to agree on their methods

Warning: Adult Content. For the reason described above we will need to define red lines before starting the game.

Length and lvl Whole chapter is for LVL 2 PCs and it for me took 4-5 sessions both online and at the table, so I guess it would take about half year PBP (or more if we find it fun to roleplay interactions with the many named NPCs of the town)

Anyone interested please tell if you want this to be a honorable-heroic, covert-ops, gang-wars or other genre. Scenario assume a lot of possibilities.
Dec 8, 2023 7:20 pm
If you need me to round out the party, I'll be happy to aid others. I would lean towards dirty fighting to kill off the gang. Ambushes, traps, hit and run, other unscrupulous tactics.

That said, if everyone wants an honorable battle for the fate of the town? I can do that. Whatever thengroup settles on.

I'm offering to be the fifth person so the game happens, if it otherwise was running short... if that makes sense?
Dec 10, 2023 9:23 pm
And, if you could indulge a sixth, I am able and willing as well. Cheers!
Dec 13, 2023 12:10 am
figured I would say that I am interested. I hope he gets a few more wanting to play.
Dec 13, 2023 6:45 am
I have played LMoP on GP before and finished it, so am happy to play if you need a spot filled.
Dec 14, 2023 3:49 pm
I am new to this site and am looking for a game to start with. I have played some D&D so this looks ideal for me
Dec 14, 2023 5:18 pm
@Mathfuric are you sure you would still have fun playing the chapter as it assumed a lot of discoveries and surprises that you will miss and need to prevent yourself from spoiling to other players.

@Lord_Morane @Viking1031 if you are patient enough and we get one or even two new players here on gamersplane interested in this game, I will set the game up.
Dec 14, 2023 5:27 pm
Smile. I'm still good for LMoP. I get all the discoveries and surprises.
Dec 16, 2023 10:52 am
I've compared interest on this and the other 5e post and looks like it is obvious this game is not wanted.
@Lord_Morane @Viking1031 sorry to say, but you will need to look for a another game.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.