Interest check: Mythcraft

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 9, 2023 8:45 am
Mythcraft is essentially a d20 system taking some inspiration from 5e and other systems, so if you are familiar with 5e, it shouldn't be too difficult to understand but offering a lot of customization and choices for building your character and I'm here to help build your character.

The game will start in the nation of Hadla, pretty much a pastoral nation where not much stuff happens in general, in the village of Wishbone, not far from the jungle of Kozia, a young human, Tim who wants to become an adventurer went into the Jungle looking for trouble. With no adventurers in the village of Wishbone, your group seems to be the most capable in rescuing young Tim from the jungle.

There are many reasons you might be in the village of Wishbone, maybe you are a local or just passing by in brief here are some choices available to you:

Pick a Lineage: (usually come a choice of picking an unique ability or a sublineage)

-Bhrunai , small trollkin, known as skilled artisan, live very long live
-Dragonfolk
-Dwarf (Mountain, Crag or Deep)
-Elemental, humanoids connected to the Elements (Air, Earth, Fire, Water)
-Elf (Forest, Mountain, Plains, Star)
-Fiendblood your heritage doesn't manifest until your 16th birthday (Sanguineth, Melaneth, Phlegemerth)
-Golem (get to choose your primary material and source of your power, on how you were made)
-Halfling
-Hondu, canine humanoid
-Human
-Kettek, Feline humanoid
-Kleppin, small fur covered humanoid taking their appearance from woodlands critters like squirrel, badgers, hare etc...
-Raedeen, creation of ancient magical tech kinda like androids, fusion of psionic technology and flesh. (Corrupted or Dreamer)
-Remnant, ancient tools of the gods now waking up (kinda a bit like Warforged if you need a reference)
-Satyr
-Trollkin, relative to the Bruhnai, but hulking and strong, can take on a stoneform.
-Undead, you get to pick one option from other lineage to represent what you used to be.
-Urkou, Bipedal Bearfolk

Pick your BOP (Background, Occupation and Profession)

Background and Occupation tag choice:
-Born a Warrior (Militant)
-Criminal (Underworld)
-Entrepreneur (Mercantile)
-Knave (None, get to pick 2 professions as a dabbler and get all benefits from both)
-Noble Title (Aristocratic)
-Outlander (Wanderer)
-Student (Academic)
-True Believer (Religious)
-Urchin (None, no profession at 1st level but lot of skills)

Professions:

-Archivist
-Barrister
-Charlatan
-Clergy
-Entertainer
-Guard
-Honorable
-Inquisitor
-Knight
-Nomad
-Physician
-Pioneer
-Sailor
-Soldier
-Trader
-Thief
-Thug

and last you will be able to pick a Starting Talent but will save it for character creation in game, this is just to give you an idea. Each step above offers customization (like assigning skill points, starting equipment and for lineage picking 1 ability to start with or a sublineage).

You won't be able to pick a class until level 2, so level 1 you are literally just getting started.

For leveling, I plan to go with Milestone leveling. 3 to 4 times a week posting would be ideal.

Express interest and let me know.
Dec 9, 2023 5:02 pm
Greetings,

I would be interested in play a Hondu on the Outlander-Nomad-Ranger track.
Last edited December 9, 2023 5:14 pm
Dec 9, 2023 5:41 pm
wulfnor says:
Greetings,

I would be interested in play a Hondu on the Outlander-Nomad-Ranger track.
Nice sounds good to me, as a Hondu you can choose to be Small or Medium and pretty much any kind of canine appearance you could imagine for your fur and snout. You will start with keen Nose giving you bonuses on AWR checks and +6 skill points you can spend on skills with the Athleticism or Stamina tags (can't spend more than 4 on a skill).

Hondu are in general regarded as loyal and earnest but they are of course all kind of Hondu with various personalities.

You get to distribute your attribute points also but since this just the interest will talk about this part later but in brief everybody starts with 5 attribute points for the 8 attributes all at 0 (representing the average adult), 3 are physical, 3 are spiritual and 2 are metaphysical.

You get to choose 1 unique ability, Hondu Bite (giving you a bite for example), Bravery, Canine Cunning, Canine Endurance II (more skill points), Hunting Dog (Skill points for survival tag skills), Keen Hearing, Keen Nose II (upgrade), Pack Coordination (free move toward hostile creature), Thick coat (resistance to cold). As you get more level you will be able to pick more abilities so no worries.

As an Outlander you will get skills to spread around (will talk the details in game), and start with 5d20x2 sc or take the average 104 sc (recommended for sake of simplicity).

As a Nomad you will start with essential tools and equipment for survival (will list them all in the official game thread when we get more people), bonuses to skill and you start with a beast of burden at Rank 1 that is highly intelligent and well trained. It is a mundane animal tho, not magical.

You will be able to pick the class ranger later at level 2 (if you desire), so no worries about that.

And also one 1 talent in the universal list for being level 1 but will talk about that later.
Last edited December 9, 2023 5:45 pm
Dec 9, 2023 11:59 pm
On 2nd thought, I think I want to switch Lineage from Hondu to Forest Elf. But everything else would be the same.
Dec 10, 2023 2:30 am
Alright, as a Forest Elf basically like most elves you are long lived, you can meditate while you sleep allowing you to do knowledge checks (even ones you failed during the day with advantage). As a forest elf, you get bonuses to initiative rolls and skill points to spread to various skills.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.