[CLOSED] Umerica Dungeon Crawl Classics

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 9, 2023 5:47 pm
https://i.imgur.com/v1OsTgD.jpgThe pitch:
Do you like gonzo post-apocalyptic games? Do you like living on the edge of the OSR sphere with a crap-ton of random tables and death around every corner? In other words, do you like the Dungeon Crawl Classics rules? Then this game using the Umerica setting for DCC may be for you!

More details: This game will start with a DCC-style funnel. Everyone gets 4 0-level citizens of the waste (i.e. post-apocalyptic villagers), and we see who survives the first adventure. It will be a desperate attempt to gather supplies from an old mall that has sunken into the ground - an adventure published in the "Crawling Under a Broken Moon" 'zine called "Mall Maul". After that, if folks are still having fun, everyone level up one of their survivors and we'll keep going. There's plenty to see in Umerica after all. For a more verbose pitch, check out the game page: Dry Hot Umerican Summer

https://i.imgur.com/1JJ0VUq.jpgGame specs:
Post Frequency: Once/day goal with leniency. December holidays are here, so expect some gaps and slow progression until January.
Content: Lots of violence, but mostly PG-13 details. PG-13 in general. No in-game SA or graphic torture. We'll work together as a group to set other boundaries that players want.
Warning: "gonzo" really means gonzo. So much gonzo. Magic, robots, aliens, pop-culture icons turned into literal gods. This is not a realistic setting. It's very tongue-in-cheek, but also very deadly.
Player Experience: No previous DCC or Umerica experience required. However, I won't be distributing any pdfs other than the DCC Starter rules (free online). Character class information and a few other things will be available as needed though. If you've played or read "Mall Maul", let me know. It won't keep you out of the game, but we'll need to chat about player knowledge vs character knowledge.
Everyone is welcome: All identities welcome here - marginalized groups, LGBTQ+, anything I'm forgetting. Full disclosure: I'm the opposite of a marginalized identity, but I do my best to make my games safe and fun for all.

How to Apply:
Post in this thread if you're interested. I previously posted an interest check, and people who responded there will have priority. I plan to accept 6 players total. This is more than I prefer, but it provides a cushion in case anyone has to drop out. In the spirit of DCC, if more than 6 people apply, I'll use random rolls to decide who gets the extra slots (after letting in folks from the interest check).
Last edited December 17, 2023 9:54 pm
Dec 9, 2023 8:55 pm
Tag me in coach! Love it! Let's get some DCC Fallout going!
Dec 9, 2023 10:36 pm
Very interested! Let's go!
Dec 10, 2023 3:11 pm
I love Fallout and deadly funneling. If there's room, I'd like to join!
Last edited December 10, 2023 3:16 pm
Dec 10, 2023 4:22 pm
Hello, I am new to DCC but I find this very interesting. I have always wanted to play DCC but I couldn't get the time to complete the rules. I haven't heard about Umerica, is it a new setting? If you have a free slot for a newbie, I would love to join.
Dec 10, 2023 4:42 pm
Umerica is a third-party setting for DCC. The blurb for the core book hits most of the high points: Umerican Survival Guide.

It is a compilation and streamlining of things originally printed in a 'zine called "Crawling Under a Broken Moon."
Dec 10, 2023 6:59 pm
Do I need the Umerican Survival guide to play this?
Dec 10, 2023 7:25 pm
Stalker05 says:
Do I need the Umerican Survival guide to play this?
No. The core mechanics are unaltered DCC. New armor rules are an exception, but you won't need the book for those. Since the funnel doesn't use character classes, that info won't be needed right away. If the game progresses to 1st level, I can help people with information for the characters they choose.
Dec 11, 2023 1:23 pm
I have removed the link. Thank you for looking out as well, vague!
Dec 11, 2023 1:29 pm
I'll do your roll one better. :)
Dec 14, 2023 2:18 am
Well, looks like we got 4 (maybe five if Rick doesn't give us up 😉). I'm going to keep this open through Friday, then use the weekend to send out invites and get things started.
Dec 16, 2023 4:43 pm
Sounds fantastic... Just joined the site and would love to join this game, if it's not too late.
Dec 17, 2023 7:03 pm
Welcome to the site! It happens to be my favorite PBP site out of a great many, hope you have fun!
Dec 17, 2023 9:55 pm
AND... We're CLOSED.

Invitations have been sent out. Thanks all.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.