Marking the End of ANOTHER Long Campaign on GP

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 11, 2023 2:47 pm
It seems I am the third such GM to recently wrap up a four-year-long campaign here on GP. We had a total of 5,781 posts, almost 5,000 of those were in the story threads. I ran a game based on the 2000 CRPG Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. The video game version was based on 2e AD&D but I ran mine in 5e. That is quite the conversion, making many lessons learned.

A very special thanks to @Mathfuric for sticking with me the entire four years - taking his character only from level 7 to 13, but the whole team at the end was quite wonderful: @runekyndig, @WhtKnt, @soises. I would also like to shout out those who helped me believe this endeavor was even possible by joining the game at the beginning: @Kaigen, @Melanqolia, @theeyetyrant, @skeeveholt, @Banshionna. Last but not least, thanks go out to @Sonofabith and @karter74 for the parts they played in our story.

It's been a blast, and now it is time for some rest. Though I doubt I will play in it, I am helping a friend get their game together that should be starting up next month here on GP.
Dec 11, 2023 3:07 pm
Congratulations to you as well!
Dec 11, 2023 3:11 pm
amazing, impressive dedication!
Dec 11, 2023 5:54 pm
Yay! I raise my glass to long-form campaigns and the players that stick with it and make such stories possible
Dec 11, 2023 6:50 pm
Well done! Long lasting games are hard enough at the table, but to accomplish that in PBP takes resilience and grit.
Dec 12, 2023 12:30 am
Bravo! All these amazing finishes — it *really* is rare in the world of PbP, I hope folks understand!
Dec 12, 2023 6:43 am
Congratulations! Great achievement 🎉
Dec 12, 2023 8:42 am
Harrigan says:
Bravo! All these amazing finishes — it *really* is rare in the world of PbP, I hope folks understand!
That was why I nodded @unique_exemplar to receive his just praise
Dec 12, 2023 10:32 am
Love hearing about this, congrats you to and your players!
Dec 13, 2023 4:30 pm
Really cool accomplishment! Great job!
Dec 14, 2023 2:49 am
That's amazing dedication. Well done everyone! 🎈🎊🎉
Dec 14, 2023 5:50 am
Congratulations! And thank you for making/keeping it public - I love to read through completed campaigns here on GP!
Last edited December 14, 2023 5:51 am
Dec 15, 2023 6:15 pm
@unique_exemplar did a great job and never wavered continuing the adventure. His generosity in unclear situations and good descriptions are a class for themselves. :D

I highly recommend! *G*

You do not have permission to post in this thread.