Wanted 5e DM for game-1 Player plays 6 1 level PCs

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 15, 2023 3:23 pm
Looking for D&D 5th edition DM for a game where, I, a single Player runs a Party of 6 beginning PCs. I'm tired of wasting my time playing in normal games where a player will take a week or more to make a post. Where within two months, more than half the players drop out of the game, etc..

The Party would be a bit vanilla old school. A male Human Barbarian, a male Dwarf Fighter, a male Human Cleric, a female High Elf Wizard, a male Wood Elf Ranger and a female Halfling Rogue.

Looking for a 'Keep on the Borderland'/'West March' LIKE setting. So, a Settlement at the edge of the Wildlands that is in need of Adventurers.

A DM HAS BEEN FOUND!!!
Last edited December 22, 2023 12:38 pm
Dec 15, 2023 4:03 pm
I might be interested but idk about 6 PC.
I would be willing to do 4.
I have a setting in mind kind of what you are looking for.
Dec 15, 2023 6:48 pm
I’d be willing to play any 1 of the barbarian, fighter, or cleric.
Dec 15, 2023 8:44 pm
Sounds like a fun challenge but I don't think I'd be able to keep the pace you'd want.
Last edited December 15, 2023 8:44 pm
Dec 16, 2023 3:08 pm
I hope this doesn't sound snarky because it's not meant that way, have you ever considered solo play?

I never thought I'd enjoy it, but I found it interesting and entertaining in 5e using The Solo Adventurer's Toolbox by Paul Bimler and the Mythic GM Emulator with some random online name generators and other tables. Granted, my party of four dwindled to two fairly quickly and the whole thing kind of faded out when the last two ended up serving a lamia, couldn't make a single saving throw to get out from under her domination, and I ran out of ideas and just kind of left them there.

But before that I had a lot of fun traversing a randomly generated desert, fighting gnolls and bandits, defeating cultists and looting their temple, exploring ruins buried in the sand beneath an archaeological dig, visiting a huge port city, getting caught up in political intrigue with a local sheik, and bringing his ring of slavers to justice. If only they hadn't gone back out into the desert to explore around that last obelisk...

Point being, you can set your own pace, play as many characters as you want, and if you're honest with the random generators, it can be really challenging and fun, which I never thought I'd say of solo play.
Dec 16, 2023 3:15 pm
ThatTaoGuy says:
... solo play? ...
I was thinking of suggesting the same thing before they had a GM volunteer.

Solo play can be a lot of fun, especially if one has a specific type of game ones wants.
ThatTaoGuy says:
... Mythic GM Emulator with some random online name generators and other tables ...
Mythic GM Emulator 2e has really nice name generators. I can't remember what 1e did —I only ever used the Fate Chart from 1e— and many nice tables that could make it all one needs.
Feb 16, 2024 3:30 pm
Interesting idea, i might try something like this but with White Box:FMAG or Basic Fantasy
Feb 16, 2024 4:26 pm
Anyone willing to entertain a player for just one solid PC, I can post multi times daily.
Mar 1, 2024 10:10 pm
I would be interested in a dnd 5e dm. Anyone willing to have one on one campaign with me?
Mar 2, 2024 10:16 am
@Jackwolfking what kind of game did you have in mind?
What kind of story would you like to tell? Grimdark,solar punk, low fantacy, high fantacy...
Where would the focus be? Combat, exploration, social, inner conflicts...
Mar 2, 2024 11:56 am
Well I have a warlock character that hasn't gotten much traction in game she was in. Named auras. Not sure on story tone but would love combat and social maybe inner conflicts as top three focuses.

runekyndig says:
@Jackwolfking what kind of game did you have in mind?
What kind of story would you like to tell? Grimdark,solar punk, low fantacy, high fantacy...
Where would the focus be? Combat, exploration, social, inner conflicts...

You do not have permission to post in this thread.